Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man gets tazered over speeding ticket.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    It was also clearly a blind ticket, with no radar, and you are within your rights to ask to see the radar gun.
    I know that isn't the case in TX, so I am guessing it is the same elsewhere.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by someone447 View Post
      If even the guy thought it was the right thing to do, how can you say it was wrong? Tazing is generally safer for all involved than physically restraining. He was flailing his arms around, and refusing to obey the officers command. The video also didn't show what happened before to cause him to get thrown out. He was being very disruptive and made what could be perceived as a threatening motion towards Kerry. The police were entirely justified at UF, here, the cop was just on a power trip.
      I'm talking about this case, not the UF case.

      There is no possible argument for saying that restraining somebody physically is safer than tazing them. People DIE from tazers all the time. Sure, if the person resists (which is difficult, trust me) people might end up with a couple scrapes and bruises, maybe a broken arm or something even. Tazing is worse. First, you fall directly onto the ground without protecting your body. Then, you risk dying from having all that electricity pumped through you. But yeah, having a cop or two tackle you to the ground is much worse.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by someone447 View Post
        I know that isn't the case in TX, so I am guessing it is the same elsewhere.
        You can definitely ask to see the radar gun. In fact, it is recommended.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
          when most people comply they step out of the vehicle slowly, they dont jog over to a cop who has his back turned waiving their arms in the air. I said the tazer was a bit much, but he did put the cop in a comprimising position with his actions, and just go up to your pics, when the guy is turning away his hand is about to go in his pocket, the cop doesn't know if he has a gun or what. His wife's pregnancy has nothin to do with anything, it just something brought up to try and tug some heart strings, neither the idiot or his wife were acting rationally. Why couldn't of the guy just said thank you sir and disputed the ticket in court? Instead he tries for a little moral victory and got himself tazed.
          Usually I am on the side of the cops. But this cop was just reckless and on a power trip. Using a tazer so close to the highway is just stupid. What if he fell into oncoming traffic? He was not resisting arrest. He did nothing threatening. We see the entire video on this one, the cop was entirely out of line. It is for episodes like this that people distrust cops.
          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
          Hunter S. Thompson

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Moses View Post
            You can definitely ask to see the radar gun. In fact, it is recommended.
            I know in TX they do not have to show you. My friend asked one time, they wouldn't show him, so we went home and looked it up, it isn't required the cops show you.
            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
            Hunter S. Thompson

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Moses View Post
              I'm talking about this case, not the UF case.

              There is no possible argument for saying that restraining somebody physically is safer than tazing them. People DIE from tazers all the time. Sure, if the person resists (which is difficult, trust me) people might end up with a couple scrapes and bruises, maybe a broken arm or something even. Tazing is worse. First, you fall directly onto the ground without protecting your body. Then, you risk dying from having all that electricity pumped through you. But yeah, having a cop or two tackle you to the ground is much worse.
              I completely agree with you in this case, I only brought up the UF case because of the people saying, "Don't tase me, bro." Because comparing this to the UF case doesn't do this case justice.
              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
              Hunter S. Thompson

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Moses View Post
                You can definitely ask to see the radar gun. In fact, it is recommended.
                again, a radar gun does not need to be used in order for a citation for speeding to be issued, so this is pointless to even fight over with an officer.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                  Usually I am on the side of the cops. But this cop was just reckless and on a power trip. Using a tazer so close to the highway is just stupid. What if he fell into oncoming traffic? He was not resisting arrest. He did nothing threatening. We see the entire video on this one, the cop was entirely out of line. It is for episodes like this that people distrust cops.
                  The cop made a bad judgement call and I said that, but the guy was being erratic, especially that frickin run he made towards the cop with arms raised that caused for the officer to be alarmed in the first place, bad bad move on his part. Also turning his back and ignoring the officer and then reaching for the pocket was also a bad move for the guy. Again not justified, but enough to place the cop in a state of alert.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                    I know in TX they do not have to show you. My friend asked one time, they wouldn't show him, so we went home and looked it up, it isn't required the cops show you.
                    It varies from state to state.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                      again, a radar gun does not need to be used in order for a citation for speeding to be issued, so this is pointless to even fight over with an officer.
                      It can help your case...

                      Ask him to see it. If he didn't use a radar gun, you have a better case in court.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        The cop was in no way justified to use a taser. What a n00b. ******* cop won't even read him his rights.
                        Last edited by Vikes99ej; 11-23-2007, 12:19 PM.


                        http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Moses View Post
                          It can help your case...

                          Ask him to see it. If he didn't use a radar gun, you have a better case in court.
                          again see above where I posted my story about this, a cop's estimation of speed is consdiering as accurate as a radar in court, and that was stated by the judge.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Actually I said it is within your rights to ask, I didn't say they had to show you. Some states they do, some they don't. (Texas isn't exactly the best model for civil rights)

                            The problem is that the cop was so incredbly flippant about anyone questioning him (heaven forbid) and seemed eager to use his tazer (even joking about it at some point).

                            More than anything it confuses me why people are willingly arguing AGAINST civil liberties. America is so ****** up to me sometimes. We brag so much about how free we are but are so willingly to kowtow to authority or accept it without question.


                            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                              again see above where I posted my story about this, a cop's estimation of speed is consdiering as accurate as a radar in court, and that was stated by the judge.
                              This is one personal case.


                              Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                Actually I said it is within your rights to ask, I didn't say they had to show you. Some states they do, some they don't. (Texas isn't exactly the best model for civil rights)

                                The problem is that the cop was so incredbly flippant about anyone questioning him (heaven forbid) and seemed eager to use his tazer (even joking about it at some point).

                                More than anything it confuses me why people are willingly arguing AGAINST civil liberties. America is so ****** up to me sometimes. We brag so much about how free we are but are so willingly to kowtow to authority or accept it without question .
                                See youtube link above for the results of questioning an officers authority on scene instead of in court.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information