No announcement yet.

College or Pro Sports?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The storylines in college sports can't be beat. There's always a huge underdog story and guys you can't help but root for

Comment

Pro because they have better fundamentals and the level of talent is higher.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
        Pro because they have better fundamentals and the level of talent is higher.
        You're telling me that the NBA and its 5 step travelling has better fundamentals than Duke University?

Comment

The pros. In the big 2 college sports:

Basketball: There are too many teams to keep track of. What are there in D-I? Almost 300? In the NBA, there are 1/10 that many.
          Football: They stubbornly stick with an ineffective method of determining what I regard as a pseudo-national champion. The NFL has a real champion, the winner of a 12-team playoff tournament, entry into which is determined by nothing more complex than wins, losses, and, if necessary, tie breakers

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears9654 View Post
            The pros. In the big 2 college sports:

Basketball: There are too many teams to keep track of. What are there in D-I? Almost 300? In the NBA, there are 1/10 that many.
            Football: They stubbornly stick with an ineffective method of determining what I regard as a pseudo-national champion. The NFL has a real champion, the winner of a 12-team playoff tournament, entry into which is determined by nothing more complex than wins, losses, and, if necessary, tie breakers

There are like 350 D1 basketball teams

Comment

I just went to Yahoo! Sports and did a count and there are 341. Either way, there aren't "almost" 300 like I said before; there are over 300!

Comment

Originally posted by DaBears9654 View Post
                I just went to Yahoo! Sports and did a count and there are 341. Either way, there aren't "almost" 300 like I said before; there are over 300!
                I don't see what the big deal is. For most of these schools, basketball is the only way they can generate revenue from athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  You're telling me that the NBA and its 5 step travelling has better fundamentals than Duke University?
                  Player fundamentals are generally better, yes. You can't succeed in the NBA without at least decent fundamentals. In the NCAA, superior athletic ability can make a super star.

Comment

I don't see what the big deal is. For most of these schools, basketball is the only way they can generate revenue from athletics.
                    I just find it difficult to keep track of over 300 teams. That's all.

Comment

I was talking about football but, regardless, I would rather watch the NBA over college basketball.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
                        Other than the NFL, I love every college sport more.
                        I gotta agree here, except I like MLB more than college as well. I can't say I even really like college football too much to tell you the truth.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
                          Player fundamentals are generally better, yes. You can't succeed in the NBA without at least decent fundamentals. In the NCAA, superior athletic ability can make a super star.
                          First of all, I can't agree with the lightness you're using with " generally". The NCAA is worlds above the NBA in fundies, it's like a different sport to a degree. Secondly, The whole athletic ability thing is not so true for the NCAA, more so in the NBA. Was J.J. Reddick a superior athletic guy? No, and he was an amazing college player. Now think of Amarie Stoudemire, he has 4 shots in his repertoire, the one handed dunk, the two handed dunk, the reverse dunk, and finally the tomahawk dunk. Other than that, his athletic ability is clearly overshadowed by his flawless fundamentals, right? Give me a break, the NBA is all about Athletic ability so the players can jump high and soccer moms, 3 year olds and G's can say Ooooo and Ahhh, he dunked it with no defense.

Yeah, I may be off base a bit, but I just hate the NBA, and most people who like it as well. The NBA is like retirement, once your in you stop working hard and get paid for it. It's a damn joke

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                          they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                          Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information