What Sport do you dislike?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to dictionary.com, the definition of a sport is:

an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

so, skill or physical prowess. Ignoring NASCAR for a moment, where you have to factor in the car, golf, without question, requires skill, and is of a competative nature.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERSANTA
      Originally posted by jetsfan3
      NASCAR

What?

What is that you say?

Oh! Sports. Ok, I'm sorry.

Baseball/soccer
      there fixed
      That actually works if we are talking about sports watched. Baseball is incredibly boring, same with soccer.

Comment

soccer is the gayest sport around... track, nascar, and cycling aren't sports, btw.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Warhawk
          According to dictionary.com, the definition of a sport is:

an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

so, skill or physical prowess. Ignoring NASCAR for a moment, where you have to factor in the car, golf, without question, requires skill, and is of a competative nature.
          It takes a helluva lot of skill to do well in NASCAR but it's like you need a lot of skill for bowling, billiards as well. Bowling, Billiards are activities while the best thing I can think for NASCAR (keep in mind, I'm a HUGE HUGE fan) is either a competition or event. You can't do what they do in your spare time, which is something that bowling can do.

I have major respect for golfers and the mechanical aspects are precise but I can watch it a bit. If I can watch NASCAR for 5 hours, you essentially can try anything.

I'm picking the NBA but little beat March Madness in College.
          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

NASCAR and Tennis

Comment

Defenitly Hockey. When the league allows people to fight each other, you know the ratings are low.

Comment

Baseball - I generally watch only on the weekends when the yankees or Mets play a good team, and the world series. I find the game very boring, but it has some good moments.

Golf - The only good part of Golf is the scenary.

Nascar - I must admit that i watched the end of the Daytona 500 and it was pretty exciting. Short track races totally blow. Speed tracks aren't bad, and if I watch it's out of sheer boredom and in hope of a major crash.

Comment

NBA

it is so boring, i went to 3 mavs playoff games last year and i was bored at every single game, not because they were blowouts but NBA basketball sucks major D.

former #1 in post count on this site
                  first to 500 posts

Comment

There's really not a sport I don't like, or at least hate. Golf I've never been able to watch, but I have immense respect for all professional athletes, really. Like, even darts.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD
                      Originally posted by Shiver
                      Golf and NASCAR aren't sports. If they were, Tony Stewart, Phil Mickelbra, wouldn't be among the top of their respective sports. Of the 'major' sports, I dislike, it's definitely Baseball.
                      I agree, I just didn't want to say it again in this thread.. I think in order to be a sport, you need to do something athletic.
                      Sitting in a race car where temperature in the cars can reach 130, the G's on your body, hell you can lose anywhere from 5 to 10 pounds during the race, you need to be a athletic racer if you want to have a successful career.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                      XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                      Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                      http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                        There's really not a sport I don't like, or at least hate. Golf I've never been able to watch, but I have immense respect for all professional athletes, really. Like, even darts.
                        Yeah golf really has never done anything for me.

Comment

Originally posted by smittyjs
                          No, I mean I've never watched it on TV. I stll like it.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                          <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                          <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28
                            SOCCER SUCKS!!!!!! :twisted:
                            No it doesn't. :twisted:

There's a reason why it's the most popular sport in the world (outside the US).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

It's real hard to like college basketball when your coach is Tommy Amaker.

Comment

Originally posted by smittyjs
                                No, I mean I've never watched it on TV. I stll like it.
                                Same here, i play it( I suck), but i really can't watch it on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information