Figured I'd do this... Spanish classes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada has politics?

I thought all you guys did was play hockey, drink beer, and pour maple syrup on things

Comment

I start Russian next year.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
        It's funny to see how you see every Quebecers as separatist. I'm not btw :P and I don't want to engage this thread in a political discussion this is not the place ;)
        Canadian politics isn't real politics, you can't get in trouble for that.
        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Why anyone would decide to take French over Spanish in today's world is a mystery to me. French is a dying language, only being spoken in France, Quebec, and a few African nations. Meanwhile, Spanish is slowly becoming the unofficial second language of the US. My biggest regret was not taking my Spanish classes more seriously because I could be making a TON of cash right now if I was even remotely fluent in Spanish.

If you want to make a ton of cash, start learning Arabic.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
            I just recently found out spanish is quite easy if you just pay attention in class and do a little studying here and there... Plus, freetranslation.com is all the help I need for homework ;)
            Freetranslation sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
              hablas espanol?
              Si, y lo hablo mejor que tu ;)

Comment

Xon, I work in the food industry and am slowly picking up words and phrases that Mexicans commonly use. What would be your advice for me speaking to them, and for me listening to them to learn more? The words I end up using most often are... Lo siento, no comprendo, no se, and repete por favor. Also, they laugh at me when I use "con permiso" to get by them in a tight space. I'm guessing this is a very formal way to say to excuse me. What's something more casual? Pardon?

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                  Si, y lo hablo mejor que tu ;)
                  Have you ever tried learning italian? Because learning spanish was easy for me...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    Why anyone would decide to take French over Spanish in today's world is a mystery to me. French is a dying language, only being spoken in France, Quebec, and a few African nations. Meanwhile, Spanish is slowly becoming the unofficial second language of the US. My biggest regret was not taking my Spanish classes more seriously because I could be making a TON of cash right now if I was even remotely fluent in Spanish.

Haha...there's a difference between not being the most important 2nd langauge anymore and "dying". I'm pretty sure French is going to remain a relatively important language.

But yes, every person in the United States should know Spanish. I personally know both, and a little Portuguese. Once you pick up one romance langauge you can basically learn them all.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post

I chose to learn French a few years ago, and I didn't know that the Spanish language was taking over the U.S. If I could go back in time, I'd switch to Spanish

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I know a little bit of French, a little Arabic, some German, and I am fluent in Hebrew.

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                          I start Russian next year.
                          Fun language, I studied it for a year at university, once you get the new alphabet down, grammatically it's pretty easy.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Was anyone allowed to take Italian at their school? We dont have that at our school. We had French, Spanish, and German to choose from

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

My high school had Spanish, French, Italian, and Chinese. No German for reasons I won't get into. I took Spanish freshman and sophomore years, and both Spanish and Italian junior and senior years. I'm now taking Spanish as a freshman in college. I'd say I have a good feel for the language, but I'm definitely not fluent.

Comment

I'm orinally from Russia, so I speak it well.

Still, I've been in US most of my life and English has become by 1st language.

I'd like to learn Spanish also. It would be cool to speak 3 languages.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information