Figured I'd do this... Spanish classes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
    French is the fourth most-common language in the US btw.
    What is ahead of it...English, Spanish...?

Comment

and Chinese

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

and Chinese
        Chinese is not a language, it is either mandarin or cantonese

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
          Chinese is not a language, it is either mandarin or cantonese
          Over 2 million Americans speak some variety of Chinese, with the Mandarin variety becoming increasingly more prevalent due to the opening up of the People's Republic of China.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

I find Russian funny to talk I don't know why though :P

Pretty difficult to speak it
            I found it quite easy to speak, a lot of people in my class had trouble with words with r in, as they couldn't roll their tongues to save their lives. I had to give a 10 minute presentation on family, my home and daily routine for 40% of my final grade, so I practiced a lot, listening to tapes of others speaking really helped me.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

I find Russian funny to talk I don't know why though :P

Pretty difficult to speak it
              I was born in Latvia and Russian was my first language. I've gotten worse at it every year but my parents and their friends are fluent.

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Thanks to Renji for the AVI

Comment

I'm teaching myself Japanese (slowly). I need to get a teacher or something.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Once you pick up one romance langauge you can basically learn them all.
                  Spanish and Italian are pretty similar, I have a lot of friends that study or live in Spain and they learned the language pretty quickly. Me too I've learned spanish with ease...
                  But it's way harder to learn French... Even in school, the majority of the people have problems in that... But it's probably because we hate them and they hate us ;)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

First off, sorry for not keeping up with these, having tight schedule. Will do now.

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                    Xon, I work in the food industry and am slowly picking up words and phrases that Mexicans commonly use. What would be your advice for me speaking to them, and for me listening to them to learn more? The words I end up using most often are... Lo siento, no comprendo, no se, and repete por favor. Also, they laugh at me when I use "con permiso" to get by them in a tight space. I'm guessing this is a very formal way to say to excuse me. What's something more casual? Pardon?
                    Well, Ward, it all depends on which type of Mexicans you're talking too. If it is food I suppose they're people with some money, so con permiso is actually appropiate. Maybe they are laughing at the way you pronounce it, or maybe it is not in the right situation, or at your accent?

Anyhow, a more casual way of saying ''con permiso'' can be simply ''permiso'' ''discupleme''... but I would need to know about the types of situations you're at to be able to tell you.

Some phrases you could say when you don't understand are:

''Mi espaņol es malo, disculpe'' or ''Podria repetir por favor'' .. note it is repetIr not repeter.

hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by holtfan92 View Post
                      I was born in Latvia and Russian was my first language. I've gotten worse at it every year but my parents and their friends are fluent.
                      if you're here next year you have to help me. I start automatically with college Russian.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information