No announcement yet.

Student loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing to look at... Interest Rate. I'm stuck with a piece of **** 12% interest rate.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      One thing to look at... Interest Rate. I'm stuck with a piece of **** 12% interest rate.
      Ouch. That's killer. Move to Canada and get an interest-free loan and cheap-ass tuition. :D

Comment

Originally posted by litlharsh View Post
        haha I feel you man. I'm a senior this year, and I'm hoping I can get into some schools like Rice or Northwestern, but I'm scared about how huge of a student loan I'll have to pick up because of it. In-state is a breeze, ASU lets in everyone with a pulse and gives a free ride to boot.
        Just to let you know just in case you aren't from Houston but Rice is right in the middle of a ******* community. There is a "Homosexual" Pride Parade that goes on right near it. Its a great school if you dont mind all of that. Just done live on Montrose. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
          Just to let you know just in case you aren't from Houston but Rice is right in the middle of a ******* community. There is a "Homosexual" Pride Parade that goes on right near it. Its a great school if you dont mind all of that. Just done live on Montrose. Trust me.
          haha thanks for the heads up I'm from AZ...That sounds so ridiculous/awesome. Will take your advice as truth if I go there.

Hopefully they do stuff like this:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5_Ij...eature=related
          Originally posted by 7-11
          Originally posted by Renji
          Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
          But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

I just filled out the Fafsa and got my loans through the school/government I didn't have to fill anything else out. That is the best way to do it, because you will probably get at least some of it subsidized, I don't have any interest on 3/4ths of my loan until I graduate, plus I can defer it for either 6 months or a year afterwards.
            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

haha thanks for the heads up I'm from AZ...That sounds so ridiculous/awesome. Will take your advice as truth if I go there.

Come to ASU and be a journalist. Our new downtown campus will be sick.

Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

The bank of mommy and daddy is always the best.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

hahaha I wouldnt be surprised if they do that. Its a really good school if you dont mind that stuff. The Galleria is close by and you are pretty close to downtown Houston. The Houston Medical Center is within walking distance just in case you are interested in Biology or pre-med. You are really close to Reliant Stadium if you ever want to see a Texans game.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
                    This year I go to a Community College, but next year I want to go to a university. This year I didn't need loans, but next year I will. I was wondering, where you guys got your loans from and why?.........
                    look for a grant or something, the government pays entirely for my school and i wasn't what you would call a "good student" but i did score high on my ACT and SAT things

Comment

well i got 3 major scholarships so i was set. but if youre going to have to take out a buttload of loans just stay in community college for another year. you should save the loans and the out-of-state school for graduate school. you'll be better off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                        hahaha I wouldnt be surprised if they do that. Its a really good school if you dont mind that stuff. The Galleria is close by and you are pretty close to downtown Houston. The Houston Medical Center is within walking distance just in case you are interested in Biology or pre-med. You are really close to Reliant Stadium if you ever want to see a Texans game.
                        My recommendation is not to go to an urban campus unless you are 21+. There are less parties because everyone goes to the bars. If you don't have a fake id and you aren't 21 the first couple of years will not be any where near as fun as they could be. Go to someplace that is in a college town.
                        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                          well i got 3 major scholarships so i was set. but if youre going to have to take out a buttload of loans just stay in community college for another year. you should save the loans and the out-of-state school for graduate school. you'll be better off in the end.
                          If you want to go out of state and the amount of tuition is a big quality then I recommend taking a year off and working in the town that your college is in. If you work there for one year then you can get in state tuition and will be a lot cheaper.

Comment

Im young and havent looked into colleges yet. Generally what would you say you need for a scholarship, grade wise? Im not what you would say is the best student, but I do want to play football in college. Do colleges look at all 4 years of HS? If I started to get my grades up now, would the past even matter?

Just some questions I havent asked my guidance counselor yet.

Comment

speaking of colleges, I have had between a 2.7-2.3 my whole high school career, I am not certain that will get me into a 4 year university. Also I have the option of being a part time senior and attending the local CC to get credits.

Any tips or suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                                speaking of colleges, I have had between a 2.7-2.3 my whole high school career, I am not certain that will get me into a 4 year university. Also I have the option of being a part time senior and attending the local CC to get credits.

Any tips or suggestions?
                                Apply anyways to a 4 year university and see what happens. At worst you lose the application fee that you paid for. Try to bring up your grades during finals this semester if you are a senior or any grade for that matter. If you are a senior then next semester obviously wont be sent to colleges but if you are younger then keep working to try and bring up your GPA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information