Student loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
    I just filled out the Fafsa and got my loans through the school/government I didn't have to fill anything else out. That is the best way to do it, because you will probably get at least some of it subsidized, I don't have any interest on 3/4ths of my loan until I graduate, plus I can defer it for either 6 months or a year afterwards.

I didn't know you could get loans through Fafsa; I'll look in to that.

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
    speaking of colleges, I have had between a 2.7-2.3 my whole high school career, I am not certain that will get me into a 4 year university. Also I have the option of being a part time senior and attending the local CC to get credits.

Any tips or suggestions?
    That's why I went to a CC for a year. High school my GPA was 2.53, College around 3.5, and my counselor said I could get to any college I want now; even though I only been in CC for 1 year.

Comment

yea the thing is I dont wanna go to a CC, I wanna go to a college all 4 years. It seems like such a great expierence and I dont wanna spend a year or 2 at home.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
        I didn't know you could get loans through Fafsa; I'll look in to that.

That's why I went to a CC for a year. High school my GPA was 2.53, College around 3.5, and my counselor said I could get to any college I want now; even though I only been in CC for 1 year.
        Yep, I didn't get a single grant, only subsidized loans. It all depends on how much money your household makes.
        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

KillerSanta, if you really want to go out of state but think you will have a hard time affording it come to Canada. Tuition here is way cheaper and there are some great schools in Ontario for just about every field of study. I have a few friends from Maine, Mass and Rhode Island who go to school with me in Nova Scotia. They love it, are getting a degree that will be just as good for them back home and they're saving on tuition.

Plus you only have to wait until you're 19 to legally drink.
          10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Originally posted by Solomon View Post
            KillerSanta, if you really want to go out of state but think you will have a hard time affording it come to Canada. Tuition here is way cheaper and there are some great schools in Ontario for just about every field of study. I have a few friends from Maine, Mass and Rhode Island who go to school with me in Nova Scotia. They love it, are getting a degree that will be just as good for them back home and they're saving on tuition.

Where do you go ?

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

You go to St. FX??

Comment

Oh, I go to Saint Mary's.
                10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

True enough. Did you make the trip to the Vanier? I played football you here with Darcy Brown...you know him?

Comment

I hate you for beating the **** out of us in Uteck Bowl :P

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

In any event, I agree. I think people underestimate Canadian schools ALOT. I think it would be a great idea, plus he would be able to loans to pay for school. Not to mention, depending on where you go, you would have one hell of a time. For example, if you went to University of Toronto, you would have a great night life, more so off campus, because you are right down town, and have all the bars/clubs etc very close to you. Or you could go to a school like University of Guelph, where it is in somewhat of a hick town, and almost everything you have/need is on campus. The parties are usually big house parties and can get pretty wild. I would reccomend a CIS school if you were interested.

Comment

Haha, yeah we've gotten pretty good again.

Didn't make the trip up for the Vanier. Too busy with school this year.

Yeah I know Darcy Brown, not well tho. You played with him in HS?

I used to be on the team, but never got any playing time so left after 2005 season.

Comment

Billingsley where do you go next year finally ?

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Haha, yeah we've gotten pretty good again.

Didn't make the trip up for the Vanier. Too busy with school this year.

Yeah I know Darcy Brown, not well tho. You played with him in HS?

I used to be on the team, but never got any playing time so left after 2005 season.
                            Not, HS, but in Ontario we have the OVFL and I played with him for the Mississauga Warriors. He was a TE then, and I was shocked to see lined up at WR/SB...I didnt remember him having that much speed. No knock on him tho.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
                              I'll look in to them, thanks.

Also, I'm just planning ahead. I plan on filling out a boat load of scholarships, also my counselor told me, if I can get a 3.0, which I'm way above, she could get me a nice scholarship.
                              Just for the record.

Sallie Mae is the devil.
                              Look into Direct Loans (both are government run, but sallie mae is a quasi-governmental entity that is for-profit, unlike direct loans)...
                              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
                                Billingsley where do you go next year finally ?
                                Ive got both ears open right now. Im looking at pretty much schools from everywhere. I wouldnt mind OUA schools, but I know a lot of people at Bishops, and they seemed to turn things around. I also have had a lot of contact with St. FX, and UBC. I am somewhat interested in going to a school in the praries as well...but we'll see.

Right now Im at a Juco, so we'll see what makes of that. The only thing, is the academics here are a joke. Its like grade 11 all over again, and I really dont know if I want to hang around here for much longer....I have to be realistic at some point and uderstand that making it to the NFL is NOT going to happen, and I kind of want to get on with my education...so we'll see.

Where are you going to go?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information