Student loans

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
    Ive got both ears open right now. Im looking at pretty much schools from everywhere. I wouldnt mind OUA schools, but I know a lot of people at Bishops, and they seemed to turn things around. I also have had a lot of contact with St. FX, and UBC. I am somewhat interested in going to a school in the praries as well...but we'll see.

Right now Im at a Juco, so we'll see what makes of that. The only thing, is the academics here are a joke. Its like grade 11 all over again, and I really dont know if I want to hang around here for much longer....I have to be realistic at some point and uderstand that making it to the NFL is NOT going to happen, and I kind of want to get on with my education...so we'll see.

Where are you going to go?
    I've got offer from Ottawa, Montreal, UBC and Sherbrooke. I'm probably gonna go to Sherbrooke university. 10-15mins from Bishop. My gf is heading there but I may use my option on Ottawa they seems to be a pretty good team so. I'm probably gonna visit some schools in december to meet the staff and all. Next year is gonna be awesome though :D

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
      I've got offer from Ottawa, Montreal, UBC and Sherbrooke. I'm probably gonna go to Sherbrooke university. 10-15mins from Bishop. My gf is heading there but I may use my option on Ottawa they seems to be a pretty good team so. I'm probably gonna visit some schools in december to meet the staff and all. Next year is gonna be awesome though :D
      Nice. Last year I went on several visits all over, and I loved it. I thought the Bishos trip was great lol. Ottawa does have a good program, and they have a great QB in Sacobie. Im pretty sure he comes back next year, so Ottawa should be at or near the top of the OUA again.

Dont know much about Montreal, except that they have a relatively new program and have done quite well. I thought I remember them losing to Laval in the Quebec finals a few years ago. Dont know alot about Sherbrooke either.

A couple schools that I want to go to in Ontario are Windsor and Western. Windsor because a few guys from my HS went there and one of them are doing quite well as a freshman. Western because of similar reason listed above, but also because of Greg Marshall and the fact that his programs are always successful, and from what Ive picked up when I met him make me believe in him. Also, If U of T were to ever turn it around I would consider them, ESPECIALLY if they sing Larry Haylor (the former Western HC before Marshall, won a few Vaniers and was very successful) as their HC as it is rumoured. Gonna be intersting.

Comment

Nice. Last year I went on several visits all over, and I loved it. I thought the Bishos trip was great lol. Ottawa does have a good program, and they have a great QB in Sacobie. Im pretty sure he comes back next year, so Ottawa should be at or near the top of the OUA again.

Dont know much about Montreal, except that they have a relatively new program and have done quite well. I thought I remember them losing to Laval in the Quebec finals a few years ago. Dont know alot about Sherbrooke either.

A couple schools that I want to go to in Ontario are Windsor and Western. Windsor because a few guys from my HS went there and one of them are doing quite well as a freshman. Western because of similar reason listed above, but also because of Greg Marshall and the fact that his programs are always successful, and from what Ive picked up when I met him make me believe in him. Also, If U of T were to ever turn it around I would consider them, ESPECIALLY if they sing Larry Haylor (the former Western HC before Marshall, won a few Vaniers and was very successful) as their HC as it is rumoured. Gonna be intersting.
        Toronto was showing some interest but I thought they were awful :P I may be reconsidering my option on them but I don't really know how good they are or will be. I'm a Wide Receiver so I kind of want a good QB to pass the ball :P

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Toronto was showing some interest but I thought they were awful :P I may be reconsidering my option on them but I don't really know how good they are or will be. I'm a Wide Receiver so I kind of want a good QB to pass the ball :P
          Well, to show you the coaching staff they had last year...Dave Hamilton was the QB last year and I think led the CIS or was at the top of the CIS in Passing yards. This year they then switch to a rookie QB. Hamilton got hurt at one point, but even when he came back they stuck with the rookie, and its not like the rookie won any games haha.

I have heard rumours that they are serioud about brining in Haylor which would be HUGE for recruiting as well as the on field prodcution. So we'll see. If the same coach comes back, which there is a possibility it happens, then you may want to take a pass on Toronto for now.

Comment

Well, to show you the coaching staff they had last year...Dave Hamilton was the QB last year and I think led the CIS or was at the top of the CIS in Passing yards. This year they then switch to a rookie QB. Hamilton got hurt at one point, but even when he came back they stuck with the rookie, and its not like the rookie won any games haha.

I have heard rumours that they are serioud about brining in Haylor which would be HUGE for recruiting as well as the on field prodcution. So we'll see. If the same coach comes back, which there is a possibility it happens, then you may want to take a pass on Toronto for now.
            Well if I play in Ontario I might switch position to Safety. Much more fun :D

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Well if I play in Ontario I might switch position to Safety. Much more fun :D
              Yea, I think that would more fun. Safety is a sick position, i would have to cut down in size to play safety, but it would be sick.

Comment

Yea, I think that would more fun. Safety is a sick position, i would have to cut down in size to play safety, but it would be sick.
                You gonna play Linebacker ? Outside or Middle ?

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

You gonna play Linebacker ? Outside or Middle ?
                  I can go either. Ive got good enough speed to play either and decent size. I would prefer Middle, I would much rather play the run and cover a zone as opposed to covering a WR. :D I would prefer middle, and yea I would be playing LB.

Comment

I can go either. Ive got good enough speed to play either and decent size. I would prefer Middle, I would much rather play the run and cover a zone as opposed to covering a WR. :D I would prefer middle, and yea I would be playing LB.
                    ahhh come on you think you can't cover me ? :D I need a little bit of challenge you should play outside :P

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

ahhh come on you think you can't cover me ? :D I need a little bit of challenge you should play outside :P
                      Haha, you never know! Im always up for a challenge.

Comment

Haha, you never know! Im always up for a challenge.
                        Weight and Height just for fun :P

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

DB is also the hardest position in football, you have to have some incredibly thick skin, because no matter how good you are, you will get beat. You will probably cost your team some games over the course of your career. Corner is tougher because you are on an island a lot more often, but in our defense, the safeties play man quite a bit. When you are in man coverage, it is up to you. Every other position on the field relies on someone else.
                          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Weight and Height just for fun :P
                            6'3 225 (10)

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                              DB is also the hardest position in football, you have to have some incredibly thick skin, because no matter how good you are, you will get beat. You will probably cost your team some games over the course of your career. Corner is tougher because you are on an island a lot more often, but in our defense, the safeties play man quite a bit. When you are in man coverage, it is up to you. Every other position on the field relies on someone else.
                              True word. When I play safety I usually play in the box or free and the two halfback drop in coverage.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

6'3 225 (10)
                                Yep, that's great size for an LB esp if you're still in HS. I played LB in HS and was surprisingly good despite being ridiculously small (5'10, 185 lbs). Had to make the transiton to DB in college.
                                10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information