Hunter S Thompson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
    George Orwell is my favorite author, no doubt about it. 1984 and Animal Farm were brilliant
    I liked Animal Farm much, much, much more than 1984, but I read them both in HS, and I need to read them again.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
      I liked Animal Farm much, much, much more than 1984, but I read them both in HS, and I need to read them again.
      Animal Farm is a much more enjoyable read, but I thought 1984 was better, although it's written like Orwell's essays at times.

Even though I really like Orwell, I relate much more to Hemingway

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
        Animal Farm is a much more enjoyable read, but I thought 1984 was better, although it's written like Orwell's essays at times.

Even though I really like Orwell, I relate much more to Hemingway
        That might be why I like Thompson so much. I relate more to his writing than any other author I have read.

Have you ever read A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole? I started reading it, but didn't get a chance to finish it because I had to return it to the library before I moved. I got through about the first third, and it was one of the funniest books I have ever read.
        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
          That might be why I like Thompson so much. I relate more to his writing than any other author I have read.

Have you ever read A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole? I started reading it, but didn't get a chance to finish it because I had to return it to the library before I moved. I got through about the first third, and it was one of the funniest books I have ever read.
          No, but I have heard good things...I had completely forgot about that book until now...I may have to take a trip to the library today

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
          Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information