iPod Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go apple! :?

if you've gone through all of that, it sounds similar to what happened with my old dell player. basically, the hard drive platters fell off and the "needle" was no longer running in the track. plus it probably scraped completely across the data. regardless, my best guess is that there was some kind of impact involved (even vigorous arm-swinging if you walk/run with it) and that, with the mechanical failure, you're screwed.

regardless, in the future, your best bet is to screw apple and pick up a solid state player. especially now that the drive capacity will be increasing pretty dramatically in the next year or so.

Comment

njx bought a dell product? WTF where you thinking? Seriously I thought better of you.

Comment

The best bet is to try and reset the IPod to start. Try to do that while connected to your computer and ITunes as well. Are you able to test someone elses IPod on your comp.?

Anyways, try also to turn off auto-update or anything of that nature.

Follow Me on Twitter!
        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

If it says your iPod is corrupted, I'd say you're pretty much screwed. I've had that happen to my old MP3 player when it got a little bit wet (my 3 year old cousin... don't ask), and it was finished. It would play what was originally on it, well, half of it, but I couldn't add anything. I'm not saying yours got wet, but when anything HDD related becomes corrupted, you're probably going to be making a new purchase pretty soon.

Comment

Probably not, but it might be the cable or the usb port.

Comment

"Ipods are made to be broken..."

You heard it here first.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Mail it to the provider and there probably is a warranty on it for 2 or 3 years and see if they can fix it otherwise I'm sure they'll hook you up with a new one to keep costumer satisfaction high

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Planned obsolence (sp?)

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp
                    If it says your iPod is corrupted, I'd say you're pretty much screwed. I've had that happen to my old MP3 player when it got a little bit wet (my 3 year old cousin... don't ask), and it was finished. It would play what was originally on it, well, half of it, but I couldn't add anything. I'm not saying yours got wet, but when anything HDD related becomes corrupted, you're probably going to be making a new purchase pretty soon.

Did your cousin pee on it? ... I would do what Jbond said and try and see if another ipod works to see if its your itunes or the actual ipod. I havent had this happen to my ipod so I dont know what it could be. Maybe the "Geek Squad" people at Best Buy could help you.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819
                      "Ipods are made to be broken..."

You heard it here first.
                      ive heard it a minimum of 100 times before you said it.

Comment

I just got my iPod replaced. I had to bob and weave as the guy asked me questions. I took it in to get replaced and there was evidence of water damage [which happened] so I got shot down. Then I took it to a different apple store and got a new one because I got rid of all the corrosion. It was a biotch though.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp
                          he may be screwed, but if the computer just says it and the ipod itself does not there is a chance that it is just some problem with the connection to the computer, because i have gotten those ipod is corrupted messages before and the only time my ipod was just ****** was when i got the sad ipod icon on the ipod screen.

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman
                            Did your cousin pee on it? ... I would do what Jbond said and try and see if another ipod works to see if its your itunes or the actual ipod. I havent had this happen to my ipod so I dont know what it could be. Maybe the "Geek Squad" people at Best Buy could help you.
                            He found it and took it into a pool. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999
                              Planned obsolence (sp?)
                              Obsolescence.

Comment

I had a kind of similar situation. It played music and everything, but I couldn't get Itunes to work so I couldn't add any new songs. I had computer problems so I did a system restore, and now it works

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information