• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny10804
    Originally posted by wingboy2999
    Planned obsolence (sp?)
    Obsolescence.
    Completelyyyyyyyyyyyyy off but the idea was there.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by josh07039
      Originally posted by BigDawg819
      "Ipods are made to be broken..."

You heard it here first.
      ive heard it a minimum of 100 times before you said it.
      Yes but mine is in print for all to see.........therefore better!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
      On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
      Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by GB12
        I had a kind of similar situation. It played music and everything, but I couldn't get Itunes to work so I couldn't add any new songs. I had computer problems so I did a system restore, and now it works
        Yea, I tried it on two different computers and no dice unfortunately.

I am going to have the bite the bullet and shell out for a new one I guess.

What's the deal with the Best Buy warranty plans? Is it worth the extra $60?
        Scott Wright, President
        Draft Countdown.com
        www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
        www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Before buying a new one, id go visit the apple geniuses.

Comment

So no one gets a hat?

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

I posted a topic about this a while ago. Your battery has run out(dead) you cant recharge it or restore it to fix it, its done. If you have a certain type of Warranty you can return it for a new 1 at the price of $60. It takes about a minumumof 2 years for it to run out. Thats why i will sell mine before that tyme.
              If you do plan on getting a new MP3 player get 1 with a replacable bettery. Creative has some mp3's with replacable batteries.

Comment

Just be happy you still have yours, mine was stolen :( i miss it so much

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Here's what I found on the ipod website: link

Does it come with a number or anything next to the error message?

My best bet is that if your restored it to factory settings and it still has the problem, it's most likely an internal drive problem and time to buy a new ipod.
                  That is what I am afraid of. I was actually going to get a new one this summer but I was hoping to pawn this one off for a few bucks at least. Looks like my timetable may be getting pushed up!

That is pretty bush on Apple's part to put out a product that I paid $250 for and have it crap out after only a year and a half. I essentially paid almost $15 a month to rent an iPod for a while.
                  I'd just like to say that I have had 5 iPods break on me in my short life so far. The first couple were within their warranty so I got replacements, but I had to pay $60 charges. Then, by the 3rd time, I decided I was sick of the Click Wheel ones and I thought I deserved an iPod video for my troubles because the click wheels kept breaking, other people I know have been successful with this request. They never answered me, and I was very persistent with my requests, but I got ignored anyway. Then I bought myself an iPod video and I like it but I constantly have problems with it where I have to restore it, and sometimes it takes days before it finally restores properly. Safe to say, it is very frustrating, and there really aren't better devices on the market.

Apple is as bush league as it gets when it comes to customer service and their products. They just don't have much shelf life. Consider yourself lucky Scott, yours lasted 1.5 years. My average click wheel lasted about 3 months :shock:

iPods just suck overall, but you can't live without 'em. Cheers

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk

My best bet is that if your restored it to factory settings and it still has the problem, it's most likely an internal drive problem and time to buy a new ipod.
                    That is what I am afraid of. I was actually going to get a new one this summer but I was hoping to pawn this one off for a few bucks at least. Looks like my timetable may be getting pushed up!

That is pretty bush on Apple's part to put out a product that I paid $250 for and have it crap out after only a year and a half. I essentially paid almost $15 a month to rent an iPod for a while.
                    I'd just like to say that I have had 5 iPods break on me in my short life so far. The first couple were within their warranty so I got replacements, but I had to pay $60 charges. Then, by the 3rd time, I decided I was sick of the Click Wheel ones and I thought I deserved an iPod video for my troubles because the click wheels kept breaking, other people I know have been successful with this request. They never answered me, and I was very persistent with my requests, but I got ignored anyway. Then I bought myself an iPod video and I like it but I constantly have problems with it where I have to restore it, and sometimes it takes days before it finally restores properly. Safe to say, it is very frustrating, and there really aren't better devices on the market.

Apple is as bush league as it gets when it comes to customer service and their products. They just don't have much shelf life. Consider yourself lucky Scott, yours lasted 1.5 years. My average click wheel lasted about 3 months :shock:

Thanks for the post. That's kind of how I feel. I am not happy that it broke like that but at the same time I love it! I will probably be getting the 30GB Video next... Hopefully it won't have syncing problems.
                    Scott Wright, President
                    Draft Countdown.com
                    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

The same problem just happened to me with my 3rd generation. What did I do to fix it you ask? I got meself a video ipod.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                      Originally posted by yodachu
                      Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

Originally posted by etk

Thanks for the post. That's kind of how I feel. I am not happy that it broke like that but at the same time I love it! I will probably be getting the 30GB Video next... Hopefully it won't have syncing problems.
                        It will have synching problems down the road, but hopefully it won't be critical problems. Like I said, mine constantly has to be restored and stuff, but it's always fixable and non-permanent. Luckily, it only happens when you plug it in to sync to Itunes, so it's not like it will just die while you're on the road.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information