iPod Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPod Help

Okay, I think my iPod is crapping out on me so as a last resort I thought I'd see if anyone has had this problem. I believe it's a 4th generation and I have had it since December or '05.

Basically it won't sync with iTunes. It keeps saying the iPod is corrupted and I have tried EVERYTHING. Restoring, re-installing iTunes, going to an older version of iTunes, etc.

Has anyone had this problem? Whoever gets me the solution to fix it wins an NFLDC cap so hop to it! :D
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Throw it away and beatbox your own music.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

By the way, I am serious on the cap. I will get one in the mail on Monday to whoever brings me a solution that works.
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        By the way, I am serious on the cap. I will get one in the mail on Monday to whoever brings me a solution that works.
        Not a skilled beatboxer eh?
        SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Here's what I found on the ipod website: link

Does it come with a number or anything next to the error message?

My best bet is that if your restored it to factory settings and it still has the problem, it's most likely an internal drive problem and time to buy a new ipod.

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804

My best bet is that if your restored it to factory settings and it still has the problem, it's most likely an internal drive problem and time to buy a new ipod.
            .......or Zune!
            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Do I trust Scott Wright with my address?

Comment

That is what I am afraid of. I was actually going to get a new one this summer but I was hoping to pawn this one off for a few bucks at least. Looks like my timetable may be getting pushed up!

That is pretty bush on Apple's part to put out a product that I paid $250 for and have it crap out after only a year and a half. I essentially paid almost $15 a month to rent an iPod for a while.
                Scott Wright, President
                Draft Countdown.com
                www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

I'm gonna be careful with my ipod, because Apple offers to replace an ipod with a new one for $59 if the battery starts to give out, and I don't want to have to pay full price for one again.

Comment

A few things, go buy an extended waranty now, I broke my iPod, bought an extended warranty the next day and went a week later and they replaced it.

Also, you might want to stop by the genius bar at a local apple store, might be able to fix it.

If you restored it/reset it and uninstalled/reinstalled iTunes, I can't really think of anything else.

Maybe you should throw it at a wall, it might not help, but it could relieve some anger when all your draft predictions come out wrong (Just kidding)

The only other thing I can think of is there something wrong with your data cable.

Comment

this is what Ipods do... the only solution is to buy another one... This is the way they make money (not that they don't make plenty on initial purchase) but the batteries die anywhere from 1-3 years into the purchase and your only recourse is to be an entirely new Ipod... pretty lame on Apple's part...

edit- Actually... i'm assuming that it still plays music as you said that the problem lies with the ITunes connection... so yea, disregard what i said.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

Originally posted by VoteLynnSwan
                        this is what Ipods do... the only solution is to buy another one... This is the way they make money (not that they don't make plenty on initial purchase) but the batteries die anywhere from 1-3 years into the purchase and your only recourse is to be an entirely new Ipod... pretty lame on Apple's part...
                        I'm gonna be careful with my ipod, because Apple offers to replace an ipod with a new one for $59 if the battery starts to give out, and I don't want to have to pay full price for one again.

Comment

you still have to pay an extra $60... and are you informed about this at the time of purchase? is it included in their ad campaigns? the fact is that a lot of people will just end up buying a new one because they don't know about this...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

you still have to pay an extra $60... and are you informed about this at the time of purchase? is it included in their ad campaigns? the fact is that a lot of people will just end up buying a new one because they don't know about this...
                            It was one of the deciding factors in me buying mine. I don't know if other people would look that far into it, so I guess you're right.

Comment

What makes Scott so special that his problem thread gets stickied? Who does he think he is? He does not wear a mask and cape, and fight crime. Nor does he have a sidekick.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information