Huge Writers Block-- HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Writers Block-- HELP!

ok, so i just had 2 huge exams the past 2 days and now i have to write a final paper... my mind is fried and cannot think of a paper topic... i need to write a 5-7 ARGUMENTIVE paper by friday and i have no idea wat to write about

im thinking of something near the topic of slavery cause we talked about it... but what can your write about slavery that doesnt sound like it has already been argued a gajillion times?

another possible topic is about American associations and how here in America we tend to do things in groups compared to individually elsewhere

the class is so disorganized that any paper topic with an arguable thesis will be accepted
    ive just need some random ideas, so anything would be great!

Go Ravens!

If you want to write something argumentative about slavery talk about how ending slavery wasn't even a cause of the civil war, more of a biproduct and not even part of Lincoln's agenda, something that he actually disagreed with doing.

Comment

What class is this, that might give us a little more guidance to help you?

Comment

I have a great idea.

"Why Slavery Is Bad."

Sure fire, fresh topic.

(but seriously, I have no idea. Sorry)

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

how about the benefits of slavery? no one ever talks about those... ha

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

The immancipation of the slaves was a major propellent of the industrial revolution, spurning American growth as an international power and leader in the development of industrial techniques including steel production, railroad technology and oil production.

Comment

that's a pretty good topic right there ^^

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

How about the creation of the State of Israel?

Good stuff and lots of argumentative material on it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
                  What class is this, that might give us a little more guidance to help you?
                  well, this is an english class only by title... we only talk about American history
                  we've had previous papers about things we talked about previously
                  for this paper we talked over the following topics:
                  -slavery
                  -women writes
                  -looked over MLK's speach and broke it down (parrelism)
                  -associations

im pretty limited cause the class sucked but watevs...
                  thanks for the responses so far

Go Ravens!

Comment

also...

its a class that also showed us how to write an argumentative paper dealing with rhetoric and some other stuff... sorry if im being kinda ambigious but i seriously dont know wat i learned in that class

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
                      well, this is an english class only by title... we only talk about American history
                      we've had previous papers about things we talked about previously
                      for this paper we talked over the following topics:
                      -slavery
                      -women writes
                      -looked over MLK's speach and broke it down (parrelism)
                      -associations

im pretty limited cause the class sucked but watevs...
                      thanks for the responses so far
                      I assume you mean women's "rights."

That sets up perfectly for another idea then...

You could parallel the development of women's rights, including voting, to those that were given to blacks after emancipation and the struggles both faced in actually being able to exercise those rights.

Comment

Take an off the wall approach and write a paper on smoker's rights and why they shouldn't be done away with. Smokers are people too dammit!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
                          I assume you mean women's "rights."

That sets up perfectly for another idea then...

You could parallel the development of women's rights, including voting, to those that were given to blacks after emancipation and the struggles both faced in actually being able to exercise those rights.
                          hmm, thats interesting
                          wat would i being arguing?
                          that it didnt exist?

Go Ravens!

Comment

I suppose you could do something on forceful extradition, although that topic might be slightly difficult to research.

Extradition and abduction
                            Issues of international law relating to extradition have proven controversial in cases where a state has abducted and removed an individual from the territory of another state without previously requesting permission, or following normal extradition procedures. Such abductions are usually in violation of the domestic law of the country in which they occur, as infringements of laws forbidding kidnapping. Many also regard abduction as violation of international law — in particular of a prohibition on arbitrary detention. A small number of countries have been reported to use kidnapping to circumvent the formal extradition process.

Notable or controversial cases involving abduction of foreign citizens:

Morton Sobell from Mexico by the United States in 1950
                            Adolf Eichmann from Argentina by Israel in 1960
                            Isang Yun from West Germany by South Korea in 1967[2]
                            Ronnie Biggs from Brazil by independent bounty hunters in 1981
                            Mordechai Vanunu from Italy by Israel in 1986
                            Manuel Noriega from Panama by the United States in 1989
                            Alvarez-Machain from Mexico by the United States Drug Enforcement Administration in 1990
                            Mir Aimal Kansi from Pakistan by the CIA in 1997
                            Martin Mubanga from Zambia to Guantanamo Bay by the United States in 2002Andrew Luster from Mexico by Duane Chapman in 2003
                            Hassan Mustafa Osama Nasr from Italy to Egypt by the CIA in 2005

Originally posted by Jakey
                            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

A more basic question would be

Did Slavery happen because of racism, or did racism develop because of slavery. ie. what came first slavery or racism

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information