Video Game awards 2007.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
    I have three games on my Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Ocarina of Time, and Super Mario Bros. 3. All have been mentioned as the greatest games of all time. I'm batting a thousand right now, and will suppress my need to play the latest madden until the 09 version comes out.

And I just found out that there's this free game HullBreach, which looks/sounds like my favorite game of all-time: Escape Velocity. I used to play that game on my friends Mac for hours.
    what console is HullBreach on?
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
      what console is HullBreach on?
      Wii. It's an online game (access it through the Internet channel) that apparently is a different version of Escape Velocity. Google it for more details. I'm really excited, cause I loved EV.

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
        Wii. It's an online game (access it through the Internet channel) that apparently is a different version of Escape Velocity. Google it for more details. I'm really excited, cause I loved EV.
        oh ok. adding this to games i'm excited for in 2008...

WiiWare!!
        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Favorite game you played of 2007: Mass Effect
          Runner-up : Madden NFL 08
          Biggest disappointment of 2007: Kane and Lynch
          Runner-up: Assassin's Creed
          Best game of 2007: Mass Effect
          Runner-up: BioShock
          Games you're most looking forward to in 2008: Grand Theft Auto IV, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2

Comment

One of the funniest things I've seen (not just on this board) is people putting Creed as the biggest disappointment and then saying if they could rate it out of 10 they would give it an 8 or an 8.5... Did they expect it to be a 10 or what?

The game was advertised as a game where you can go wherever the hell you want, I expected exactly what was in the game, it was repetitive, but I enjoyed doing the repetitive stuff not to mention the story was good.

EDIT : By the way, Blue Dragon is awesome if you like the original final fantasy games, very fun game and a different concept, although I want to punch the main character in the face.
            Last edited by PoopSandwich; 01-01-2008, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
              Favorite game you played of 2007: Rock Band
              Runner-up : Gears of War (I didnt get it until this summer)
              Biggest disappointment of 2007: Madden 08 (better than last years but should still be much better)
              Runner-up: Halo 3 (I was never big on halo except for the online play, the story mode was way too short for me)
              Games you're most looking forward to in 2008: GTA 4, nuff said
              I just got Gears of War like 2 days ago and IT ******* OWNS. I love it, at first it was sooo hard but now I'm just raping bitches 24/7. Probably my favourite game right now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
              Originally posted by njx9
              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                One of the funniest things I've seen (not just on this board) is people putting Creed as the biggest disappointment and then saying if they could rate it out of 10 they would give it an 8 or an 8.5... Did they expect it to be a 10 or what?
                Yes, this game was being pimped like the best thing EVER and was just repetitive..

I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Very little if any play back value.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
                  Yes, this game was being pimped like the best thing EVER and was just repetitive..

I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Very little if any play back value.
                  Well I mean to trash a game hardcore and give it an 8.5 doesn't mean the game sucks if you get what I'm saying.

I would rate Creed at about a... 9.3 to 9.5... I bought the game expecting something completely different than any game I have ever bought, a game where I can interact with almost any object in the game at any time and climb whatever the hell I want... What did I get??? Exactly that.

I hate the complaining about the combat so much, would you guys rather have it be a button masher like heavenly sword? Yes it is one button, but its a timing combat system, it relies on counters and timed combos, you cant really just go in and swing away and win. The worst thing about the combat is that only one enemy attacks you at once, but if it wasn't like that they would have to have less guards because you would get destroyed every single time and people would complain that the system is too hard.

Pros - Nearly everything is accessible... The story... The main character (Talking about Altair) is a complete bad ass... The assassinations are all awesome (although what you do to get to them are the same, which I do admit sucks a bit) The blood spray with the short blade is AWESOME... The graphics are one of the best on any next-gen console... The game does not take too long to beat but it doesn't feel like its drawn out, it takes time to beat but not too much, and I enjoyed playing through it.

Cons - Small glitches like jumping off of something you shouldn't have even been in contact with, repetitive (although I didn't mind it I understand others did) DYING TO FREAKING WATER.

Theres one con I was going to do but I forgot, if I remember it later I'll add it... I'm pretty sure it was with something not working as I believe it was intended to work.

My point being, if you bought Assassin's Creed for a game that had a deep combat system you are utterly stupid in my opinion. If you watched any of the trailers it was apparent that it was a system based off of counters and combos, and that you could also assassinate and throw knives, it was not a complex combat system. If you bought the game because you wanted to climb buildings run from guards do assassinations and jump onto and climb whatever the hell you want then this is the game for you... Also, if you want to just randomly go around and kill people its also amazing.

I'm not saying its the best game ever, I'm just saying it is what it was advertised as, if you think any cinematic trailer is how the game is going to be then you're insane... Watch game play videos and stuff, this is exactly what I thought Creed was going to be like and I loved it.

EDIT : Richjr this wasn't directed at you man so I hope you dont take offense to it.

Comment

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
                    I just got Gears of War like 2 days ago and IT ******* OWNS. I love it, at first it was sooo hard but now I'm just raping bitches 24/7. Probably my favourite game right now.
                    Gears is a fun game to play with friends but I cant stand it when I'm not...

Maybe I need to sit down and give it a chance but I dont know.

Comment

you know I've been thinking about playing Gears again I'm finally getting bored with call of duty 4
                      Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                        you know I've been thinking about playing Gears again I'm finally getting bored with call of duty 4
                        Play Mass Effect or Bioshock...

I have so many damn games to play I dont know what to do.

Comment

Sequel you want to end:
                          Sequel you want to Continue:

Comment

Sequel you want to end: Madden
                            Sequel you want to Continue: Skate
                            i know both EA games, but Canadiens can skateboard, not play football!

Comment

Sequel you want to end: Madden (If it means 2K is coming back) or Socom (IF THIS NEXT ONE SUCKS ILL KILL YOU GUYS... SOCOM 2 WAS AMAZING.)
                              Sequel you want to Continue: Assassins Creed (and i believe it is)

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                                Sequel you want to Continue: Assassins Creed (and i believe it is)
                                It was announced as a trilogy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information