No announcement yet.

Ripping music to your computer illegal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripping music to your computer illegal?

The Recording industry now wants to make sure that you don't even download a CD to your own computer regardless if you aren't planning to share it?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/sho...sic.chetry.cnn

Sorry if all ready posted.

that's stupid...they will be hurting themselves...because if you download from itunes it's already on your computer...

Comment

How in the hell could this be enforced?

Or are they counting on the honor system . . .
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

coooooooool. so, i don't download music basically because i don't know how. BUT, i do have an Mp3 player. so the only way i get music on my player is to rip a cd to my puter and then put it on the player...but i'm not supposed to do that anymore? so, should i just wipe my ass with my Mp3 player and donate it to somebody that actually does steal music online?

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
          coooooooool. so, i don't download music basically because i don't know how. BUT, i do have an Mp3 player. so the only way i get music on my player is to rip a cd to my puter and then put it on the player...but i'm not supposed to do that anymore? so, should i just wipe my ass with my Mp3 player and donate it to somebody that actually does steal music online?
          Sounds like a mighty good plan.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post

You say that as if the honor system wouldn't be an effective method here.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

I think it is crap I don't download or share music but I do rip my CD's to my PC for my own use I don't see any thing wrong with it if you paid for the CD's.

Comment

the music industry is ran by retards. music should be free anyways....

Comment

I will admit that I download music for free. You can't really call it stealing, because it doesn't deprive the artist of anything. I support the artists by going to as many concerts as I can, and I will buy cds and t shirts from those concerts. The artists make almost no money when you buy a cd. It is ridiculous. The people who should be making the money actually make very little off of what I pay for.

Support artists by buying directly through them and going to concerts. **** the RIAA
                  I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                  Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post

they can make it so you can't download the cd onto a comp.

SPLOOSH

Comment

Originally posted by njx9
                      anyone who still buys CDs from RIAA artists is an idiot. i don't necessarily advocate anything that RIAA has paid congress to call "illegal", but if you're still paying them $18 for 9 songs of crap and 1 song they pay DJs to endlessly play on the radio for a week, you need to seriously reconsider your interest in music/general economic sense.

then again, you could just listen to the independant labels and none of this would be an issue.
                      says you...if everyone did things independently there would be no record...anyways, I'm sure your a fan of the independent movies as well...independent labels can't afford to make the music like the huge record companies...thus the reason why people still buy the big record label cd's...they want quality (as in sound) music...that basement crap only sounds good for so long...

Comment

Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                        they can make it so you can't download the cd onto a comp.
                        And within a week it would be cracked. The internet is an incredibly powerful tool. Major media corporations don't have much time, unless they embrace the internet and use it to their advantage, rather than trying to shut it down.

The older people in charge of the media don't realize the true power of the internet. Hell our generation takes the power of the internet for granted. You have to talk to the late 20's early 30 year olds. The people who didn't grow up with the internet. They will tell you how much it has changed our world already. We are only scratching the surface of what it will do.
                        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Horray Limewire!
                          Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                            I will admit that I download music for free. You can't really call it stealing, because it doesn't deprive the artist of anything. I support the artists by going to as many concerts as I can, and I will buy cds and t shirts from those concerts. The artists make almost no money when you buy a cd. It is ridiculous. The people who should be making the money actually make very little off of what I pay for.

Support artists by buying directly through them and going to concerts. **** the RIAA
                            Downloading music for free is absolutely stealing. Even if you aren't taking much away from the artist, you're still getting something that you would typically pay for. It does all end up going back to the artist anyway, because if the record companies start making less money, they start paying the artists less money.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
                              Downloading music for free is absolutely stealing. Even if you aren't taking much away from the artist, you're still getting something that you would typically pay for. It does all end up going back to the artist anyway, because if the record companies start making less money, they start paying the artists less money.
                              what does it matter...downloading music will continue to happen whether the major corporations want it to or not...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information