Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and worst decades of the 20th century.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
    You an economics major of some sort?
    No, I was a Finance and Management major. But for some reaon I know a lot about a wide variety of things. If you ever need a Trivial Pursuit partner, I'm your guy.

Comment

Originally posted by andyjo672 View Post
      I love Reagan (my favorite president) but academics will tell you he was more around the 15-18 range in terms of best Presidents. Trade didn't prosper nearly as much as it did in the 90's with the ascent of the Asian Tiger countries, greater amounts of Foreign Direct Investment into China/India, and the loosening of trade restrictions with Soviet Bloc nations. Plus Nintendo was WAAAY better than Atari.
      what you say is true...I merely meant that Regan was one of the better presidents of the 1900's...he did alot and made some friends along the way...Atari ruled the early 80's by the way...

and I'm thinking of starting a Trivial Pursuit party on the first Friday of every month...want in?

Comment

No, I was a Finance and Management major. But for some reaon I know a lot about a wide variety of things. If you ever need a Trivial Pursuit partner, I'm your guy.
        One of those information retaining types ay, wish i was like that. 10 mins after a university exam i forget everything including my name for a short period of time.

Comment

The 10s is the worst. As if the absurity and death of World War I wasn't enough, it helped set up the greater amount of death and destruction in later decades.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Miracle On Ice was the best moment in the 20th Century (other than the birth of Henrik Zetterberg) so therefore the 1980's go down as the best decade.
            Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Ronald Wilson Reagan was the Devil.

6 letters in each of his names 666, he was the devil

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                Ronald Wilson Reagan was the Devil.

6 letters in each of his names 666, he was the devil

I know that's from the Boondocks, but ironically, this just came to me:

Martin Luther King Jr

6 6 4&2

Comment

So does Jackie Joyner Kersee...big deal.

Comment

So does Jackie Joyner Kersee...big deal.
                    It's a joke anyways.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

20s, 50s, and 90s ruled. 30s, 70s, 80s, and 2000s sucked. 1960s kinda sucked with the war and civil rights and all, but for me I think they couldn't have been that bad considering all the best music came from the 60s.

but economically the 20s, 50s, and 90s were the best. musically the 50s, 60s, and 70s were the best and the 80s and 90s and 2000s the worst. I do like a lot of 90s music though.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                        the 1980's could go down as the greatest...Ronald Regan was president, arguably one of the best we've ever had...cold war ended...trade prospered around the world...Rock and Roll was at it's greatest...Atari ruled the world...and the Lakers were the greatest team on the planet...in the history of the planet...
                        I would agree. +rep

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

As far as I'm concerned the 1900's, 1950's, and 1970's were all the best for various reasons.

My least favorite decades are the 1920's, 1930's, and 1990's.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                            As far as I'm concerned the 1900's, 1950's, and 1970's were all the best for various reasons.

My least favorite decades are the 1920's, 1930's, and 1990's.
                            The 20's were unarguably the most prosperous years in American History.

The 30's were unarguably the worst. Great Depression, Start of WWII, The "New Deal".

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                              The 20's were unarguably the most prosperous years in American History.

The 30's were unarguably the worst. Great Depression, Start of WWII, The "New Deal".
                              Actually the 20s being the most prosperous is VERY arguable. The 90s saw the longest stretch of economic development, the 50s was the start of the movement from an industrial society to more of a technical/services based society. And, as you said, in American history, you're discounting the 1870s-1890s which saw American surpass Great Britain and Germany as the major industrialized power in the world.

And you cite the New Deal as a negative...why?

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                                Not sure how one could really consider the 70's the best. There was so much wrong with the 70's with the Watergate Scandal, the aftermath of the Vietnam War, the Oil Crisis, severe economic issues, the beginning of the Iran hostage situation, the Cold War was still very prominent, etc. Entertainment may have hit a peak in the 1970's though if that's what you mean.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information