Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and worst decades of the 20th century.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Yes and no.
    Well aren't you hilarious.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
      Good:00's,40's,50's,80's
      Bad:10s,20s,30's,90's
      the 1900s basically lead to WWI with the surge in imperialization and such. it was better than 1910-1930, but without the mistakes made in 1900 who knows if 1910-1930 would have been different.
      the 90s had a surge of innovation so i dont know why its bad. We made huge progress in the 90s in the way we live today, and most likely how we will live in the future. The Economy was on the way up in America and there were less wars worldwide then a lot of the decades, and the ones in the 90s werent as big.
      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

I heart the 80s.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
          the 1900s basically lead to WWI with the surge in imperialization and such. it was better than 1910-1930, but without the mistakes made in 1900 who knows if 1910-1930 would have been different.
          Im going on US economics and hisory for the most part mainly because I know more about it.But Imperialism had gone on well before 1900.Tensions between counrties like Germany,Britian,and France had been going on since the Franco-Prussian.Which was about 30 years before the 1900's.Alliances had already been made before 1900.In America during which Teddy was president everything was moving forward and doing well.
          In the 1910's however everything went downhill for both America and the world.The Federal Reserve System was established which isnt federal.Its a central bank that prints out money like crazy.Ever since it was made the purchasing power of the dollar has gone down 90&#37;.WWI happened and like bf51 said its the dumbest war ever.America entered WWI so that bankers like the Rockefellers and the Morgans could make money off the loans to Britian and France.If Britian and France lost to Germany then they wouldnt had been able to pay off their loans.If America hadnt entered WWI Germany would have won Hitler would have never taken power.Another thing is that the founding fathers of the USA thought that America shouldnt get involved in European affairs and thats what we did and look whats happened since.
          the 90s had a surge of innovation so i dont know why its bad. We made huge progress in the 90s in the way we live today, and most likely how we will live in the future. The Economy was on the way up in America and there were less wars worldwide then a lot of the decades, and the ones in the 90s werent as big.
          We did alot of stupid things internationally during this time.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
            Another thing is that the founding fathers of the USA thought that America shouldnt get involved in European affairs and thats what we did and look whats happened since.
            Really? The Founding Fathers were pretty cautious in getting involved in European affairs because they knew a fledgling nation like themselves would get bulled over if they got in their business.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I'm surprised no one commented on my reference to the 19th amendment...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                Ronald Wilson Reagan was the Devil.

6 letters in each of his names 666, he was the devil

hahhaah that's the first thing I thought of when I saw that. Jesus was black, Ronald Reagan is the devil, and the Government is lying about 9/11.
                Originally posted by 7-11
                Originally posted by Renji
                Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
                But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                  I'm surprised no one commented on my reference to the 19th amendment...
                  Damn that women's suffrage.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Personally, I'm a big fan of the 1960's. At least as far as this country is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      My own opinion (and I agree that it's pretty arbitrary) is:

Best: 1920's and 1990's (although Rwanda was pretty terrible).

Worst: 1910's (Unseen is correct, World War I was the dumbest war ever), 1930's, 40's, 60's, 70's.

The 20th century was arguably the worst century in recorded history, at least in terms of violence and genocide.
                      bf. you can't be serious? the 12th century was atrocious too. just on a lot more 'local' level. so was the imperialism of the 17th and 18th centuries.
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Shouldn't the worst decade be the most depressing decade? That is why it is the 1930s.

Originally posted by Halsey
                        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

1968 really killed the 60s cuz Hugh Jackman was born.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                            1968 really killed the 60s cuz Hugh Jackman was born.
                            yea well 1986 made the 80s, but then 1989 killed them...stupid 1989...

Comment

sounds like fun...i'll start by the decades i've been a part of.

well, my favorite is the 90s...it had good music (for the first 6 or 7 years anyway), King Bill and the Packers winning the Superbowl. what more could i want.

80s were fine...at the time...but for some reason people won't let that damn decade die. giant hair on women and mullets on men just make me want to club a baby seal.

70s--eh, i was concieved in the 70s, so close enough. all i can ever think about when i want to pigeon hole this decade is the color orange...weird, eh?

and now the decades i missed out on in order of preference of which one i would like to live through.

60s-political unrest = good ass music. the assassinations would've been a bit of a downer. but the drugs and free love sound like a rockin' good time.

20s-i think i would've done well during prohibition. drinking is just more fun when it's illegal.

00s-for my money, ya can't find a better decade worth of presidents than McKinley, Roosevelt, Taft and Wilson. in fact, that's the problem with politics today...not enough fatties.

10s-maybe if i lived through WWI, i'd actually understand how it started :)

30s-sounds kinda depressing...but, since i'm too money-stupid to invest in anything, i'd probably have all my money safely hidden in jars.

40s-yeah, all i can think of for the 40s is US involvement in WWII. i don't think i'd do well in war.

50s-my narrow minded thoughts on this decade include the Korean War, obnoxious music and prudish women that won't hold hands with you until the 4th date. i'll take my chances on the front lines in Germany before i live through this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                                yea well 1986 made the 80s, but then 1989 killed them...stupid 1989...
                                1989 was the bomb diggity.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information