No announcement yet.

The Official Tennis Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree, whenever I see him the only thing that puts him above anyone is his serve. Everything else is kinda average for a pro.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
    who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by bearfan View Post
      I have to agree, whenever I see him the only thing that puts him above anyone is his serve. Everything else is kinda average for a pro.
      I will admit that he has a smoking forehand, but that backhand is at the same level of a 10 year-old. Roddick will probably never be able to play past 30 because as soon as his serve declines, he will lose his edge.

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I never watch tennis, but my girlfriend whoops my ass everytime we play. I cant serve for crap, but I can play some good D.

Comment

Andy Roddick > Andy Murray, that is all.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
            Andy Roddick > Andy Murray, that is all.
            Remember when America and England had some of the best male tennis players... Those were the days. Damn Swiss and Spanish. =(

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
              Remember when America and England had some of the best male tennis players... Those were the days. Damn Swiss and Spanish. =(
              England had good tennis players? We're talking back in the day of Fred Perry right? Since Henman was in no way one of the best, and Murray, as well as not being close to the best, is also Scottish.

As is said over here in England, Murray wins, he's British, Murray loses, he's Scottish haha.

Comment

England had good tennis players? We're talking back in the day of Fred Perry right? Since Henman was in no way one of the best, and Murray, as well as not being close to the best, is also Scottish.

As is said over here in England, Murray wins, he's British, Murray loses, he's Scottish haha.
                You gotta love that witty, British humor. =D

Comment

Richard Gasquet owns all

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                  Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Well, the Australian has been quite exciting what with Federer looking human and a surprisingly large number of upsets. I expected Roddick to lose early, though.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                      that's true, that's why it's always a big deal if roger federer loses.

i think tennis arguably, takes the most skill out of any sport.
                      1) No kidding.
                      2) We're not getting into that in this thread. I made a case that you can't really have 'measurements' in tennis that relate to how good you are. Not everyone who has fantastic racket speed is good, or bad. It's an extremely mental game. Chess with physical talent. Dial up the pressure, the gambits, the moves. It's really cool when you really start analyzing what people do in certain situations.
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Yes, tennis is way more of a mental and skill game then an athletic game. Most of the best guys on my high school team aren't physically talented. It doesn't matter how strong or fast you are if you can't choose the right shot to use. The problem with most beginners is that they use the overhead extensively, because its a natural reaction. My biggest problem in tennis is using the wrong shot.

Comment

How about Jo-Wilfried Tsonga beating Nadal in straight sets?! I guess Murray losing to him doesn't look so bad now.

Comment

How about Jo-Wilfried Tsonga beating Nadal in straight sets?! I guess Murray losing to him doesn't look so bad now.
                            Tsonga has been pretty good so far. I've known about him since last years Australian Open but never really thought that he would be able to make the Final this early in his career.

Comment

Exactly, I thought he looked good when he retired Tim Henman, but it's a surprise to see him in the final as you say.

Comment

Maria Sharapova is playing the best tennis of her career in this tournament. I hope she keeps rolling.

This Tsonga guy looks like a future top 5 player. He might acctually get there by season's end, if he keeps playing like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information