No announcement yet.

The Official Tennis Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He seems to be more "firey" than your typical British tennis players.. Could that be the Scot in him?

Hennman had no emotion or life in his game. I think that may have hurt him, at least with the non-Brit fans.
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
      He seems to be more "firey" than your typical British tennis players.. Could that be the Scot in him?

Hennman had no emotion or life in his game. I think that may have hurt him, at least with the non-Brit fans.
      Could be. Henman was a moron, couldn't stand the guy with his crappy fist pumps, lol.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Are you watching it live?

They haven't updated the website recently... rain delay?
        Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Yeah rain delay. Flicking between it and the OSU game.

Comment

I think that its all about a players personality.

I can't stand Andy Roddick because he's such a baby and i always root against him.

Unfortunately Djokovic has come across as a dink during this US Open. I've liked him over the last couple of years, but my interest in him and willingness to root for him is fading for sure.

One of the reasons i dig Federer so much is his constant classiness and professionalism. I really hope that we aren't starting to see his decline. That would make me sad.

Comment

I don't think it is so much Fed's decline as it is Nadal's emergence. I'd still back Federer against anyone barring Rafa.

Comment

I don't know UK.

Andreev nearly took Fed out, outplaying him for much of the game. Andreev is a good, ranked player, but he's certainly not elite.

A couple of years ago, Rog wouldn't even break a sweat in matches like that.

Comment

Maybe the rest of the tennis world is just catching him, IDK, to me he still looks quality, still plays all the good shots etc. Maybe his coaching split messed him up a bit too.

Comment

Yay a tennis thread.

It's both Nadal's emergence and Fed's decline. Roger took a big hit mentally when he was defeated by Nadal at wimbledon.

Looks like Nadal ran out of fuel, still he had a fantastic run, MC, Hamburg, FO, Queens, Wimbledon, Toronto, Beijing, reached semis in USO.

Djokovic does fake injuries, takes too much time during serves, and use dirty little tricks, so I'm glad he lost. Murray's on court behavior isn't exactly gentleman like either. I am actually rooting for Federer this time.

As for young guys, if Gasquet can stop being a mental midget, then I would root for him every match.

And there looks to be no young American players capable of going into the top ten, Blake is pretty much done, and Roddick probably blew his last shot at a slam.
                    Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                    Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
                    Originally posted by Lions WMD
                    It's called Auto Fellatio!

Comment

What happened to the young US guy, Young was it?

Comment

He took Blake to five but ended up losing to him.
                        He doesn't have the game to go into the top ten though. Neither does Isner and I don't think Fish can be consistently good.
                        (maybe Querrey has a shot)

Anyways, I am still going with Federer against Murray, despite his decline. Biggest change in his game is his forehand, which is not as fast and not as consistent. Really depends on whether Federer is patient.
                        He lost to Simon because he was impatient of long rallies, Karlovic because of his serve, but Murray doesn't have a huge serve and I don't think Federer would have any trouble being patient, that being the slam final and not the 1st round of a MS match.

Federer really had an easy draw so far but I don't think Murray is ready to win a slam yet. You don't know which Murray will show up.

Sometimes he can get too defensive and he lets his emotions affect him too much. Llodra had a good chance of taking him out had he played smarter and taken him to five.

This is all assuming Nadal doesn't pull of an amazing comeback though.
                        Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!

Comment

I agree that Federer's decline is actually more mental than physical. He's still all over the court and can run almost any shot down. He's just not making the same shots that he used to. What was once a routine forehand winner is now going wide or long.

I hope that he slows this decline down. He truly is a great tennis champion on and off the court.

Comment

What would do a lot for Federer, mentally, is if somehow Nadal reaches the finals and Federer defeats him. As long as he wins the slam he would get a confidence boost, but if he does it against Nadal, it would be sweeter. Although I don't doubt that Federer would rather face Murray at this point.

They called the match so Nadal-Murray will be played (finished) tomorrow, and finals on Monday at 5 pm. This gives Federer a huge edge, especially if Nadal somehow makes the match go to five sets. Either guy would be exhausted while Federer would be rested.

Comment

Murray beats Nadal, wow!

Comment

Woah I'm still getting over the fact that Murray pulled through. I m not his greatest fan by any means but that was a class win and I hope he can pull out another performance like that in the final.

Sig by Eaglez.Fan

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information