No announcement yet.

The Official Tennis Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Federer is on the way down IMO. A year or two ago, that matchup with Nadal at Wimbledon he would've pulled through, uncharacteristically made so many unforced errors in the final set. He's not playing with the same swagger and doesn't have that same persona and aura he had a year ago. It's like he lost that special something. He'll still be good, but not as dominant as he was over the past 5-6 years. Very hard to keep up what he did only like Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods have been able to dominate a sport like he did and a few more i might have missed. Watching him during those years was so spectacular.

O and Tim Henman too bad he played during the Sampras and Agassi years, he was good but never would've topped either of them in a slam final.

Comment

Henman would've won one or two wimbledons had they not slowed the grass down after 2001.
      Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
      Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
      Originally posted by Lions WMD
      It's called Auto Fellatio!

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
        Murray beats Nadal, wow!
        Hooray!!!

I don't hate Nadal by any means, but he is really one of my least favorite tennis players.

I think that it is the crazy size difference between his left and right arms. That drives me nuts. And the constant groaning. And him always pulling his underwear out of his buttcrack.

Maybe i am focusing on the non-athletic piece of it....

Anyway, i think that it is going to be a great match tomorrow. At least i hope so... I'm just glad that it is early enough that i can watch most of it before the Vikings - Packers game. DVR Rules!!
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

So happy Federer won, he's still a force to be reckoned with and probably win 2 majors a year for the next 3 or 4 years. Too bad we didn't see him beat that little squirmy punk Nadal, but a title is a title. I mean people talk about such a bad an off year, he got to the semi's in the Australian, was runner up at the French and Wimbledon, and won the US Open, doesn't sound like that bad of a year to me.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
            So happy Federer won, he's still a force to be reckoned with and probably win 2 majors a year for the next 3 or 4 years. Too bad we didn't see him beat that little squirmy punk Nadal, but a title is a title. I mean people talk about such a bad an off year, he got to the semi's in the Australian, was runner up at the French and Wimbledon, and won the US Open, doesn't sound like that bad of a year to me.
            Good to see another Nadal hater.

Federer needs to take an extended absence or something. He is still physically fine (well he supposedly had mono) but something isn't clicking.

He should have beaten Nadal at Wimbledon.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post

Well clearly an off year for Federer is completely different than an off year for any other player.

Imagine if Tiger only won one major next year, it would be huge news.

Comment

Yes, but tennis players have a much shorter span to win slams. I can see Federer winning a couple more slams, but I can't see him dominating again like he did in past 4 years. He should be able to get two more though, to break Pete's record.
                Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
                Originally posted by Lions WMD
                It's called Auto Fellatio!

Comment

Time to bring this bad boy back

Sig by Me

Comment

Anyone watching the Nadal/Federer match?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I hate Nadal.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

I really hate Nadal.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Another epic final.

Gotta hand it to Nadal though, after playing in an incredible five-setter the other day against Verdasco he goes and does it all over again against Fed.

Incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                            I hate Nadal.
                            QFT
                            Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
                            I really hate Nadal.
                            QFT

Oh well Wimbeldon will be epic this year. Unfortunately French Open they might as well already give the trophy to Nadal.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I don't really like Nadal either, but it's more because I like watching Roger Federer a lot more. But man, Nadal had some amazing points last night.

It's pretty funny though, I really think that Federer (while I think he's slowly on the decline) is the only formidable opponent for Nadal. Andy Murray can challenge both guys, but I'm not sure if he'll ever reach their level. Roddick? Yeah, right. Del Potro should be interesting to watch come US Open, I think. I'm not feeling Djokovic either though he can sneak into a final anytime.

I feel for Federer though. He's still an elite player, just trying to close in on a record he's been annointed with the past few years. Now it's looking more difficult each Slam that he can do it.
                              Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                                I'm not so sure, i played pretty decent tennis till i was about 14 than got over it and quit (couldn't handle my coach, total ass). these days i don't even watch it, guess i'm just burnt out from it completely.
                                That's my deal, I loved watching Agassi play as a kid and played a lot of racket related sports through high school, tennis, badminton and racquetball, but then I got enough of tennis and don't play anymore, the fact that my second serve percentage was worse than my first serve percentage took a lot of the joy out of playing and I quit before I fixed that problem although I did develop my backhand into a weapon before quitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information