The Official Tennis Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Tennis Thread

I couldn't find a previous thread just on Tennis, so here one is.

Am I the only one who thinks that Roger Federer is doing exactly what Michael Jordan did for basketball. He is bringing it back to glory after it just wasn't that entertaining for a few years. I am really excited for this Australian Open. I think that Moya has a good chance to upset Nadal, but I really don't think that anyone is going to challenge Federer. Maybe Hewitt will put up a fight. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Andy Murray ftw!

In all seriousness it's Federer's tournament to lose, but I think Murray can cause a few shocks, maybe get to the semis.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Originally posted by UKfan View Post
      Andy Murray ftw!

In all seriousness it's Federer's tournament to lose, but I think Murray can cause a few shocks, maybe get to the semis.
      Did you fantasize about Tim Henman as a kid? =D

Comment

wow. people actually think of tennis?
        professional tennis is one of the weirdest sport phenomenas.

I used to play tennis at a rather competitive level (i.e. college), but there's no use in a five foot two little short asian girl who just knows how to hit the ball hard and with a lot of spin (obviously without great control, nor could i ever serve.).

the funny thing with tennis is... the best players usually win. brackets are set up to have epic finals matchups. the best player have a field of weenies set up for them. it doesn't matter though, because upsets aren't THAT common.

federer is great. i'm glad him and sampras played again last year. it was a treat.
        http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
        For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
          Did you fantasize about Tim Henman as a kid? =D
          Ugh, I actually really disliked Tim Henman, just something about him irritated me, I think it was the fact he had quite possibly the crappest nickname (Tiger Tim) and fist pump in history.

Look at that, pathetic.

Comment

I still can't believe how much he was loved in England. At least Andy Murray seems like a guy with some personality. =D

Comment

Roger Federer is kinda good at tennisball
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Hewitt hasn't played good tennis for years so I severely doubt he even makes it to the quarter-finals.

Comment

Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
                  Hewitt hasn't played good tennis for years so I severely doubt he even makes it to the quarter-finals.
                  You never know. Those Aussies know how to play when their backs are against the wall. =D

Comment

I used to touch myself to pictures of Monica Seles.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      I used to touch myself to pictures of Monica Seles.
                      I assume the grunting and screaming was part of the appeal... mmm, grunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                        You never know. Those Aussies know how to play when their backs are against the wall. =D
                        Lleyton hasn't played well in years and if he somehow makes the top 4 of the Australian Open it will be like a belated Christmas miracle.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                          wow. people actually think of tennis?
                          professional tennis is one of the weirdest sport phenomenas.

I used to play tennis at a rather competitive level (i.e. college), but there's no use in a five foot two little short asian girl who just knows how to hit the ball hard and with a lot of spin (obviously without great control, nor could i ever serve.).

the funny thing with tennis is... the best players usually win. brackets are set up to have epic finals matchups. the best player have a field of weenies set up for them. it doesn't matter though, because upsets aren't THAT common.

federer is great. i'm glad him and sampras played again last year. it was a treat.
                          that's true, that's why it's always a big deal if roger federer loses.

i think tennis arguably, takes the most skill out of any sport.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                            that's true, that's why it's always a big deal if roger federer loses.

i think tennis arguably, takes the most skill out of any sport.
                            Ever tried to play hockey?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Andy Roddick never deserves his top-seedings. Probably the most overhyped American Player ever, and there are many.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information