No announcement yet.

The School Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The American Schooling/Uni system seems a lot more complicated than what we have over in Aus. I just finished my HSC (Higher School Certificate), was given a score out of 100 and applied for any course I wanted at any university. With a half decent score you can pretty much go to any university in the country.

Comment

yea I am also worried I get put off track, my sister can manage being a party animal and be a good student but she has always been a good student. I am looking at either Salsbury,WVU,UMD,York I think I could get into WVU and maybe Salsbury w/o CC but if I get good grades from CC I could open my options a lot more. But then again a downside would be missing out on 1/2 of my senior year,but I will be able to meet a lot of people at CC.

Comment

School pays me. I enjoy it.

Pulled a 3.75 in my first semester, go back on the 22nd to mostly math classes. Not so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
          yea I am also worried I get put off track, my sister can manage being a party animal and be a good student but she has always been a good student. I am looking at either Salsbury,WVU,UMD,York I think I could get into WVU and maybe Salsbury w/o CC but if I get good grades from CC I could open my options a lot more. But then again a downside would be missing out on 1/2 of my senior year,but I will be able to meet a lot of people at CC.
          Solidifying your future is more important then a few high school parties that will be a distant memory. Just my opinion though.....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

true, I will still be living in my same house so I could hang out, but I mean seeing people in the hallway and eating lunch w/ all my friends and seeing the cool teachers is what I will miss the most.

Comment

I go back monday for my 2nd Semester. No Classes earlier than 10am and no friday classes so im satisfied.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

I don't go to school but I have recently started a hobby of collecting college t-shirts from accross the country. I plan on getting a large US map on the wall and indicating with a pushpin the college's i currently have. I plan on doing it as a hobby but also to teach my child geography in 2-3 years

Comment

I'm a junior and my AP history exam results(test in march or april) could really help me get accepted to colleges. Right now my list is...

1: Rutgers
                  2: Rutgers
                  3: Rutgers
                  4: Become a hobo
                  5: Rutgers

i need to get into Rutgers. for my own sake
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                    I'm a junior and my AP history exam results(test in march or april) could really help me get accepted to colleges. Right now my list is...

That's not healthy. You should really look into other choices. Nobody says you can't be a Rutgers fan and attend another school.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                      That's not healthy. You should really look into other choices. Nobody says you can't be a Rutgers fan and attend another school.
                      Yeah, I love U-M but I don't attend there. I could've gotten in, I'm sure. However, no way was I writing the 2-3 essays that they require.

Comment

freshman at emory university
                        start classes on the 16th

i did okay first semester... got a 3.3
                        my high school never used gpa so i dont know if thats good or not

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
                          freshman at emory university
                          start classes on the 16th

i did okay first semester... got a 3.3
                          my high school never used gpa so i dont know if thats good or not
                          It's a solid B average.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post

i met some rutgers people over break... they seem to like it alot
                            but you should def look at other alternate options as well...

i mean, my fav college sports team is the maryland terps... i dont goto UMD college park but i can still root for them

Go Ravens!

Comment

I want to quit school.

Comment

I start my next semester at Minnesota State on Monday, and I have some hard-ass classes. Well not really hard, but I know I have to do a lot of work for them.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information