No announcement yet.

The School Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea, it's dumb, I haven't even looked to other schools. It's not just the sports teams, my cousin currently attends there and my dad went there, so there's some family history/tradition there. Even if I wasn't such an avid RU fan, it'd most likely be my first choice.

I should start looking at other schools though

picking out a career or field can is a ***** though
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
      yea, it's dumb, I haven't even looked to other schools. It's not just the sports teams, my cousin currently attends there and my dad went there, so there's some family history/tradition there. Even if I wasn't such an avid RU fan, it'd most likely be my first choice.

I wouldn't worry about choosing a career or field yet. You still have a lot of time. Just enjoy the college atmosphere, and later you can explore fields that utilize your interests.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
        I want to quit school.
        Until this year I was the same way, amazing how much football can change my outlook on school. I am actually going to school FOR football. I am going to be a coach, so as long as I get good enough grades to graduate(and stay eligible), it doesn't really matter. But I can not go to class and get an easy 2.5.
        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Most people don't even end up with a career that has to do with their major, don't sweat it.
          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
            Yeah, I love U-M but I don't attend there. I could've gotten in, I'm sure. However, no way was I writing the 2-3 essays that they require.
            You didn't apply just because of the essay's?

I actually was accepted to U-M but I knew I was never gonna go there because it costs too damn much. OU gave me a scholarship and saved me some major dough. Maybe I will go there if I ever try for a Masters degree.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.
            "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
              You didn't apply just because of the essay's?

I actually was accepted to U-M but I knew I was never gonna go there because it costs too damn much. OU gave me a scholarship and saved me some major dough. Maybe I will go there if I ever try for a Masters degree.
              how and when do you guys write essays for colleges? what's it for? what kind of essays do you write?
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

how and when do you guys write essays for colleges? what's it for? what kind of essays do you write?
                A lot of schools ask you to write essay's as a part of the application process. I had to write one (or two) when I applied to Michigan and Michigan State.

Questions are usually something along the lines of, "What would you do cure world hunger?" or something lame like that.

It's the university's way of determining how good of a writer you are right off the bat.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                  A lot of schools ask you to write essay's as a part of the application process. I had to write one (or two) when I applied to Michigan and Michigan State.

Questions are usually something along the lines of, "What would you do cure world hunger?" or something lame like that.

It's the university's way of determining how good of a writer you are right off the bat.
                  hmm that could actually be a plus for me. One of my strong points is writing.

speaking of writing, does anyone know good schools for journalism or any programs? I'm thinking of becoming a sports writer, but know these jobs are hard to come by. I just hate readig the paper and yelling at it because I know more about sports than the local writers do.

it's that or law/edumacation. college stuff is confusing...
                  We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

hmm that could actually be a plus for me. One of my strong points is writing.

speaking of writing, does anyone know good schools for journalism or any programs? I'm thinking of becoming a sports writer, but know these jobs are hard to come by. I just hate readig the paper and yelling at it because I know more about sports than the local writers do.

it's that or law/edumacation. college stuff is confusing...
                    USC, Syracuse, Central Michigan . . . to name a few
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

I just hate readig the paper and yelling at it because I know more about sports than the local writers do.
                      Most sports journalists hate sports. It's awful. On the east coast I am unsure, but I know both Northwestern and Mizzou are really good Journalism schools.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

I am too afraid to get a job in sports journalism. I'm worried that I'd get burned out and no longer enjoy watching sports on a recreational basis

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                          I am too afraid to get a job in sports journalism. I'm worried that I'd get burned out and no longer enjoy watching sports on a recreational basis
                          that's one fear with me too, but I doubt it. I'm not sure what it'd be like. Kinda interesting. It just sickens me when I read some papers and how little some writers know about local teams.

i know these jobs are hard to get too, so I'm also looking at law/criminal justice and perhaps being a teacher. I've always been good with kids(and not in the same ways as cheatginger and little boys)
                          We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

yea I wanna be a history teacher also, the best school in MD for teaching is Towson and that is to close to my house for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
                              yea I wanna be a history teacher also, the best school in MD for teaching is Towson and that is to close to my house for me.
                              def try to go out of state if you can
                              all my friends went to college park and they see everyone every week and its hard for them to make new friends
                              i would def recommend going to college out of state

Go Ravens!

Comment

i'm currently in my final semester of school before graduating. I only have 2 classes and am only at school 2 days a week. I will be graduating with a Commerce honours degree with a double major in Finance and Marketing. All this really means is that i really need to start busting my ass to find a job.......

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information