The School Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    I am too afraid to get a job in sports journalism. I'm worried that I'd get burned out and no longer enjoy watching sports on a recreational basis
    everyone i know says i should get into something sports related and that i'd be good at it. But you need to have some degree in writing or journalism. Not to mention the millions of people you'd have to battle just to get the smallest of chances, and that everyone has an opinion......but if you make it, i'm sure it would be the best thing you could do for people like us (assuming you guys are sport fanatics like myself)

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

still in high school... hoping to get into Penn State within the next few months... keep ya'll informed
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

what kind of education background do you have to have to be a general manager or something along those lines?

Comment

Who's your favorite teacher of all-time?

My favorite would definately be my Geometry teacher. His class was so relaxed, constatly discussion abouts things other then school; mainly sports. If you were talking during his class he would just say, "Is there a problem?" You would just say no, and he would continue on. That's the last you'd hear about it. You could do **** like hide his markers and stuff, and he wouldn't care. Guy was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
            freshman at emory university
            start classes on the 16th

i did okay first semester... got a 3.3
            my high school never used gpa so i dont know if thats good or not
            3.3 is very solid, above average. My GPA is a 3.38 and i couldn't be happier.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
            You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post

My favorite would definately be my Geometry teacher. His class was so relaxed, constatly discussion abouts things other then school; mainly sports. If you were talking during his class he would just say, "Is there a problem?" You would just say no, and he would continue on. That's the last you'd hear about it. You could do **** like hide his markers and stuff, and he wouldn't care. Guy was awesome.
              Why would you hide his markers?

Comment

Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                Why would you hide his markers?

Kill class time, that he would spend looking for them.

Comment

My foods teacher is a moron. here is a list of things just one kid has done to her, we do things so bad several kids could have gotten expelled but she doesnt realize it, it is hilarious.

Comment

high school junior here. im thinking i wanna go somewhere in the big 10/acc range, not any further than south carolina though. i dunno. im hella undecided on college.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                    <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                    <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

go to Temple,

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                        go to Temple,
                        no. .................

bonekrusher on the sig magic
                        <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
                        <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

I'm going to Vandy next year

^^Sig From Nvot9
                          J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

I'm a freshman at Villanova, not a bad first semester I did alright. Looking forward to getting rid of a bunch of required classes so I can get into more math which I hope to use somehow down the road. Not as tough as I expected and basketball games are fun.

Also, I know I think 4 kids down at Emory jkpigskin, all freshmen that were in my graduating class.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              My 8th-grade Social Studies teacher, no doubt. Here was a guy who absolutely ate, slept, and drank history and politics, and it showed every single day. He knew that history books put people to sleep, so we only had to read them to get the background on an event that we would be discussing.

Most of all, the class was very chill and discussion-oriented. He really put a lot of emphasis on wanting each person to express their opinions, from the whiz kids to the dumb blondes. Taking his class made me realized that History classes weren't supposed to be learning about the past, but about applying the past to our present and future.

(Plus, he was also a big sports fan, which is of course a big plus for any teacher)

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
                              Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.

Comment

HS Junior as well...hoping to get in Georgetown next year...I think I've got a shot since I have a 4.1 GPA

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information