The School Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
    No kidding. we get a number, if said number exceeds what the cut-off number was last year for the university course you're applying for, odds are you'll get in.

But in saying that excluding the monetary issues associated with American universities i'm really jealous our system just isn't like yours. No pressure to choose a career path when you're 18 and have no idea like we have to do.

Cadillac; what'd you actually get? and what are you applying for and where?
    I ended up with an 89.50 which I was kind of disappointed with to be honest. I was definitely hoping for mid nineties. I've applied for courses at UTS, UNSW and USYD predominantly in communications majoring in writing and cultural studies or journalism.

Comment

• Originally posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
      I ended up with an 89.50 which I was kind of disappointed with to be honest. I was definitely hoping for mid nineties. I've applied for courses at UTS, UNSW and USYD predominantly in communications majoring in writing and cultural studies or journalism.
      Got me covered, got an 86.5 but then got into a course with a cutoff of 90 something, kinda stupid really. When do you find out what you got? Good luck with it man

Comment

Got me covered, got an 86.5 but then got into a course with a cutoff of 90 something, kinda stupid really. When do you find out what you got? Good luck with it man
        Haha cheers. I find out on Thursday whether or not I get into my preferred courses. And apparently I'm elgible for some extra points at UTS and USYD because I was apparently "disadvantaged" or something. The whole UAI system is flawed in my opinion.

Comment

Haha cheers. I find out on Thursday whether or not I get into my preferred courses. And apparently I'm elgible for some extra points at UTS and USYD because I was apparently "disadvantaged" or something. The whole UAI system is flawed in my opinion.
          'Disadvantaged'? cadillac, are you special?

Comment

• I'm a junior in High School and really want to be an architect. Anyone have any tips or know anyone thats an architect.

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

'Disadvantaged'? cadillac, are you special?
              lol. Apparently my school was disadvantaged due to geographic proximity or something like that so some universities feel it necessary to help us.

Comment

• Originally posted by familyguy555 View Post
                I'm a junior in High School and really want to be an architect. Anyone have any tips or know anyone thats an architect.
                I know it's one of the hardest professions to succeed in, that and it's ridiculously underpaid unless you have a real talent.

that said if it's a passion definately go for it, earning less doing something you like is definately better in my opinion.

Comment

lol. Apparently my school was disadvantaged due to geographic proximity or something like that so some universities feel it necessary to help us.
                  Well i guess you can't complain about that.

If i wasn't doing a double degree i would've got a couple of extra points at Newcastle uni for being a local, but then again they take anyone here so that doesnt even really matter.

Comment

I'm a junior in High School and really want to be an architect. Anyone have any tips or know anyone thats an architect.
                    Two words:

Art Vandelay (not the poster)

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                      Two words:

Also in plastics i heard

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                        Two words:

Art was originally an importer/exporter no?

Comment

• Midterms coming in next week...got 4 of them plus a report to write

At least i get a week off afterwards

Comment

• On Mondays and Wednesdays, I have 4 classes and on Fridays I have only three. I was lucky to get it so I could schedule all my classes on MWF so I could have TuTh to do my school work. The crappy part is that I am on campus from about 9am to 6pm. Oh well, I am close to graduating so it's no big deal.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I have 4 classes monday, 2 tuesday, 4 wednesday, one thursday, and none friday. I love my schedule.

Comment

I'm a senior and I want to be an architect. I know somebody who went to the same high school as me and went to the college I want to go to as an architect. It's what I think I want to do. Hopefully it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information