No announcement yet.

Best Film of All Time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taxi Driver or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, of the one's listed Schindler's List.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Originally posted by Emmitt Smith
    Donít quit, donít even quit.

Comment

You guys really have to watch New Jack City.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockeymofo76
        I've already done htis it was the godfather...
        Lord of the rings is better then half of those movies
        Momento is better then alot of those
        Full Metal Jacket is better then all of those
        City of god same thing
        Shawshank redemption is better
        This poll is worthless u have to nominate first
        then after nominations u have a semi-final poll and the best off those goes to the final poll..
        Full metal Jacket = an ok film...not nearly the best Vietnam film though. Apoc is so much better. Not worthy of a Top 50 of all time list though IMHO.

Momento = An ok film, again not worty of a TOP 50 film.

City of God = Again, not sure where you are going with this list....an ok film.

Shawshank= one of the best of the 90's...it could be on the all time list IMO.

Lord of the Rings...I wont even go into that.

Comment

Did you people actually watch memento and Cityu of God?

As for Nerv that twist is clear about a few minutes before its anounced, but it's very well made, Norton is perfect and the concept itsself is intriguing. The idea of how far a person can take their imagination, add to that the emptiness of a materialistic life that all of these white collar workers are floking to these clubs that offer an aalternate path and then they criticism of succumbing to mass movements. The film is a very potent piece.

As for Scarface the move does nothing to make itsself stick out as a top movie yet is often mentioned amongst best movies every threads, which it is far from being, thus it is over-rated.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV
            Requem for a Dream is a VERY strong movie. In fact it's too strong. It's a bit too thought-provoking.
            The last 20 minutes of the film are great.

Comment

Originally posted by HarringtonSucks
              Originally posted by MaxV
              Requem for a Dream is a VERY strong movie. In fact it's too strong. It's a bit too thought-provoking.
              The last 20 minutes of the film are great.
              I thought that those were a little excessive, I wasn't complaining but without it it would have been subtler and more realistic, thus even more powerful, atleast to me, although I understand that to make the movie more far reaching they needed to simplify it a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Texico From Mexico
                City of god same thing
                then after nominations u have a semi-final poll and the best off those goes to the final poll..
                Full metal Jacket = an ok film...not nearly the best Vietnam film though. Apoc is so much better. Not worthy of a Top 50 of all time list though IMHO.

Oh really so lets say im the only one that says that right?

Semi-Final

second Semi-final Group

Tiebreaker

Final

U might be right thses arent the greatest movies but quite frankly it doesn't matter cuz i simply proved that ur poll is stupid and ur pretentious enough to think that ur the judge of what is a good movie.. ur not.. i left it up to the people... and guess what its way better than ur failure of a poll

Comment

My favorite movie of all time is A Clockwork Orange. Although I like the book even better.

Comment

there are a lot of movies made about books.. not a lot of them doo the book justice

Comment

City of god same thing

Semi-Final

second Semi-final Group

Tiebreaker

Final

U might be right thses arent the greatest movies but quite frankly it doesn't matter cuz i simply proved that ur poll is stupid and ur pretentious enough to think that ur the judge of what is a good movie.. ur not.. i left it up to the people... and guess what its way better than ur failure of a poll
                      The problem with polls like that is that few have seen the greater movies like Pi, Requiem for a Dream, City of God and Memento, thus they would get out voted by crap like LOTR.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
                        City of god same thing

Semi-Final

second Semi-final Group

Tiebreaker

Final

The problem with polls like that is that few have seen the greater movies like Pi, Requiem for a Dream, City of God and Memento, thus they would get out voted by crap like LOTR.
                        agreed but Memento and City of God Were nominated only they only had two noms each Pi had none and Requiem had 1 nom...

Comment

Out of the major ones listed, I voted for Godfather. But some of my favorite movies include:

Training Day
                          Lord of the Rings:ROTK
                          Shawshank Redemption
                          Apocolypse Now

I also like, just a little bit, Grapes of Wrath, with Henry Fonda

Comment

Originally posted by Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
                            City of god same thing

Semi-Final

second Semi-final Group

Tiebreaker

Final

agreed but Memento and City of God Were nominated only they only had two noms each Pi had none and Requiem had 1 nom...
                            Largely b/c few had seen them. If you run a pole who'se seen 3 of these City of God, Memento, Pi and Requiem, I gaurantee the overwhelming majority would have to vote no.

Comment

What does everyone else think of the Apocalypse Now ending? Its good but it seemed like the movie went from a war movie to Lord of the flies.

Comment

agreed about hte if they saw those they would vote for them but yea... so texas are u gunna reply

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information