No announcement yet.

~~Official Comic Book Thread~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im a marvel man myself...but only certain titles. I was big into the xmen when i was a kid, but the whole apocalypse thing turned me off pretty quick. I was never a fan of the JLA, however i do love batman but i dislike superman. Iron Man was always my favourite hero, I think because he did it all himself like he created his own armour, didnt have any special powers other then the fact that hes supersmart.

Also, I really liked iron man because he had real life troubles, like his struggle with alcoholism. some other comics i am big on:

Deadpool (without doubt my 2nd favourite...hes witty and probably the most deadly weapons master in all of comics)

Hellblazer (Constantine)- a was a big fan of these as well...another alan moore creation. (yes he is a genius)
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
      I'm a serious fan of Batman and DC...I could care less about marvel but I've kept up (somewhat) with spiderman...

I've got a china cabinet in my house full of Batman Comics...I'd say prolly around 2K worth...
      thats ridiculous and i am insanely jeleous. although my iron man collection is probably worth quite a bit of cash in itself.
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        thats ridiculous and i am insanely jeleous. although my iron man collection is probably worth quite a bit of cash in itself.
        I'm just the opposite. I don't care about the top DC characters such as Superman, Batman or Wonder Woman. Nor do I care about Spider-man or the X-Men, although my apathy towards them is more recent. And while I've been reading Hulk recently, I stopped that from a period reaching from '96 (or whenever the whole Onslaught thing was, I think it was '96) until Planet Hulk.

Comment

DC comics also has the ultimate character... The Spectre. He's basically God's wrath on earth. Probably too powerful, which is why the character never became big, but still very awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerbacker View Post
            DC comics also has the ultimate character... The Spectre. He's basically God's wrath on earth. Probably too powerful, which is why the character never became big, but still very awesome.
            i was never a big fan of those kind of charadcters...same as apocalypse in the xmen series and even superman to a degree. I prefer characters who have struggled with their own inner demons or arent completely unbeatable. It just takes the fun right out of it lol.

Comment

I inherited most of them from my older brother and cousin, they were mad comic book and Batman collectors...when my cousin passed my brother got all of his comics, and when my brother turned 26 he gave me all of his comics...I had them appraised by a local comic book store owner and he came up with the 2K figure...

Comment

I inherited most of them from my older brother and cousin, they were mad comic book and Batman collectors...when my cousin passed my brother got all of his comics, and when my brother turned 26 he gave me all of his comics...I had them appraised by a local comic book store owner and he came up with the 2K figure...
                thats solid bro...i dont think im quite there yet. I have a bunch of iron man comics and a good collection of deadpool ones, and then a smattering of everything else (both DC and Marvel) but i only really take good care of teh iron man ones they are all tagged and bagged and such.

Comment

thats solid bro...i dont think im quite there yet. I have a bunch of iron man comics and a good collection of deadpool ones, and then a smattering of everything else (both DC and Marvel) but i only really take good care of teh iron man ones they are all tagged and bagged and such.
                  yea, I don't know what to do with them...my wife tells me all the time I should sell them but I just ignore her and do whatever...but it's really tempting especially since I don't really add to the collection...they just sit there...I might give them to my future son one day, I guess...

Comment

yea, I don't know what to do with them...my wife tells me all the time I should sell them but I just ignore her and do whatever...but it's really tempting especially since I don't really add to the collection...they just sit there...I might give them to my future son one day, I guess...
                    id keep a few key episodes to pass on, but unless you are a big fan, i might get rid of em...2 grand is alot fo cash. but then again, they are only gunna appreciate in value, so if you wait a bit, you might be able to get more in a few years.

Comment

My top 5 comicbook heroes of all time IMO...
                      1) Iron man
                      2) Batman
                      3) Wolverine
                      4) Spiderman
                      5) the punisher

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                        1) Iron man
                        2) Batman
                        3) Wolverine
                        4) Spiderman
                        5) the punisher
                        haha...that idiot alien Superman is nowhere on the list! I love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                          1) Iron man
                          2) Batman
                          3) Wolverine
                          4) Spiderman
                          5) the punisher
                          id have the hulk on there instead of spiderman...although spiderman is pertty cool the hulk is just insane. but yeah, no superman, cause everyone knows hes just a fairy and tights, and lets get a hell yeah for all the iron man lovers out there who know that if it came downt o it, tony stark would lay the smackdown on just about anyone outhtere.

Comment

Hell Yes!!!

Comment

I disagree with all the Superman hate. Yes, he is a little bland at times, but there is something to be said for his 'purity' and compassion for man. Also, while he is one of the most powerful heroes, he also has one of the most critical weaknesses (obviously being kryptonite). It definitely adds a different dimension to a story when the hero has such a glaring weakness that pretty much anyone could defeat him. I'm not saying he's my favorite character (probably would be Batman), but I think I'd definitely have to put him in the top 5.

Comment

My problem with Superman(and I haven't read comics in a while, so this might have changed) actually is the whole kryptonite thing. He's ridiculously overpowered, he only has one weakness, and yet, any geek off the street seems to be able to get their hands on kryptonite. Did the entire planet of krypton fall on earth or what? Having a character with only one weakness is kind of lame as is. But to have it be something that is supposedly fairly rare, yet everyone seems to have a hunk of it, is just a way too much for me.

Originally posted by Jakey
                                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information