~~Official Comic Book Thread~~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~~Official Comic Book Thread~~

I can't be the only comic book fan on this forum, so i decided that we should have our own thread. Feel free to discuss anything comics, from Marvel to DC, movies to novels, whatever tickles your fancy. Post pics, argue, state your favourite this or that.

Ill start, gotta say my favourite superhero is Iron Man. Cant wait for the movie to come out in May.
    Last edited by A Perfect Score; 01-24-2008, 11:08 PM.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

I'm a fan of Tomb of Dracula that was my favorite as a kid and still is today. I never really got into anything like Spider-Man. I always liked the darker characters like Blade, Spawn, The Crow etc...
    Taking a Knapp.

Comment

I read the occasional graphic novel.

Read The Watchmen. That's an order.

sig by VLS
      Originally posted by Smokey Joe
      I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
        I read the occasional graphic novel.

Read The Watchmen. That's an order.
        Watchmen completely revolutionized comics and graphic novels. It brought gritty and dark comics to the forefront of our generation, paving the way for the retooling of Batman and boosted the popularity of some anti-heroes like Wolverine and The Punisher. Its a classic.
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

when I was between the ages of 8-14, I used to get collect. Spider-Man was always my favorite but I used to think that the Scarlet Spider was better than Spider-Man.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            Cant wait for the movie to come out in May.
            Robert Downey Jr. is a great fit for Iron Man, I think. However, that could just be because I think his being a sarcastic ass is hilarious.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
              Robert Downey Jr. is a great fit for Iron Man, I think. However, that could just be because I think his being a sarcastic ass is hilarious.

he really is, but for mroe then just hsi sarcasm. He looks the part, but also his real life struggles with substance abuse parallell the troubles with alcohol abuse that Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) struggles with in the comics. Im really excited to see how the movies turns out, the trailer looks awesome.

Comment

I used to be a huge comic book nerd but stopped collecting about 8 years ago. I was really big into X-Men and all of the spinoffs of that title.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                WHO DAT!

Comment

i was huge into collecting and batman comics and graphic novels when i was a lot younger. i have boxes of batman comics. after batmman id have to say x-men, then spidey and maybe one or two spawn comics. i hated the superman comics, im just not a fan of superman, have never been, prolly never will.

Originally posted by WMD
                  Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                  Originally posted by gpngc
                  I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

batman is badass indeed...i cant wait for the dark knight. im a big fan of christopher nolans version of batman, although tim burton didnt do a bad job. I seriously think this performanceof the joker will be one of my all time favourite movie characters, along with van wilder and tyler durden.

Comment

this thread wasnt as successful as id hoped lol...but oh well. Since the new Iron man ad premiered during the super bowl, just thought id post a link and get some comments (the link is acutally in my sig). Anyone else think this movie looks amazing? teh part where he just poons the tank pretty much made me hard, i cant wait for it to come out in may.

Comment

I'm a serious fan of Batman and DC...I could care less about marvel but I've kept up (somewhat) with spiderman...

I've got a china cabinet in my house full of Batman Comics...I'd say prolly around 2K worth...

Comment

Alan Moore=Genius.

Fact/

sig by VLS
                          Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                          I don't care...

Comment

I stop by the comic shop every two of three weeks. I'm moving further and further away from Marvel though thanks to the events of House of M (made me drop all X titles), Civil War (made me drop a bunch of other titles) and One More Day (so long Spidey titles). At this point, the comics I buy regularly are.

Mighty Avengers
                            Exiles
                            Hulk (the new one)
                            She-Hulk
                            Nova
                            Ms. Marvel
                            JLA
                            JSA
                            Teen Titans
                            Green Lantern

and sometimes New Avengers.

I didn't buy the Sinestro Corps War Green Lantern comics because I am waiting for the TPB's.

Not really digging the Exiles reboot and I'm waiting to see where they go with the whole Red Hulk story before I make a final decision whether or not its worth buying on a long term basis.

Comment

DC definitely rocks Marvel's socks. I'll read the occasional graphic novel here and there, and The Dark Knight Returns has to be the best one I've read. I'm really hoping that one is eventually turned into a movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information