No announcement yet.

PPV CALIBUR BOXING on Normal Showtime. Corrales vs Castillo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was around, but on mostly boxing boards because I figured that no one on here would be interested. The Juarez-Barrera fight was awesome though and I had Barrera ahead by 1, Juarez just started to late (much like B-hop against Taylor). And how about Paul Williams on BAD, great looking prospect there, although the main event was a dissappointment. As for tonight, Shobox looks good as Chad Dawson is fighting, he is a real good prospect and if you can, you should get a look at him. I guess I will come around for all fights now as people seem to be interested.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

And, about Coralles. I think he is a worn down fighter. I think that 1st fight took a lot out of him, a lot more than Castillo. I think he has trouble hurting him badly this time around. And I really was left with a sour taste in my mout after the mouthpiece incident, which was pretty classless. I think JLC would be up 2-0 if it werent for that, but whatever. I just think JLC is to strong.

Comment

Well, Castillo missed weight again, tipping the scales at 140. This really puts a damper on the fight as it is no longer for the title. Castillo will never fight 135 ever again and will move up to jr. welter, likely to fight my boy cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Schubert
          Well, Castillo missed weight again, tipping the scales at 140. This really puts a damper on the fight as it is no longer for the title. Castillo will never fight 135 ever again and will move up to jr. welter, likely to fight my boy cotto.

Comment

Wow fight is off. Incredible. And I don't blame Corralles and his promoter for refusing to fight even in the smallest amount.

This summer was filled with amazing fights and out of them all, this one excited me the most. Wow.

Comment

wow, this is really disappointing. You cant blame coralles because last time the same thing happened and it seemed that weight played a part in castillo's victiry. As I said earlier, JLC cant fight any longer at 135 and will have to move up to jr. welter.

Comment

wow, this is really disappointing. You cant blame coralles because last time the same thing happened and it seemed that weight played a part in castillo's victiry. As I said earlier, JLC cant fight any longer at 135 and will have to move up to jr. welter.

The worst part is he had a hard time making the Jr. Welter limit of 140. He is big enough and strong enough to go to straight welter, but typically jumping 2 weight classes in one fight is too much.

Comment

im so amd about castillo-corrales. wouldnt have been as good with these circumnstances, im more just mad castillo couldnt get down

some big fights coming up soon. been waiting for a while for taylor-wright, only 2 weeks form now

and is that heavyweight fight gonna be on tv tonight?? I want to check out that giant Valuev, see what he's like. i missed his Ruiz fight (thank god)

Comment

Valuev is actually boring as hell, you arent missing much. That fight wont be televised anyway. Taylor Wright will likely be boring, but is a very important fight and 1 that I will certainly be watching. I predict Winky outpoints him.

Comment

Valuev is actually boring as hell, you arent missing much. That fight wont be televised anyway. Taylor Wright will likely be boring, but is a very important fight and 1 that I will certainly be watching. I predict Winky outpoints him.
                      I predict Taylor TKO's him late. I just feel like making a ballsy call.

Who do you think will win the Tarver Hopkins fight? I think Tarver is too unintelligent of a fighter to get Hopkins out of his gameplan and Hopkins will win easily in a long boring fight by decision.
                      Are you purchasing that fight by chance?

I hope Taylor vs Wright won't be boring and will somewhat make up for the loss of the biggest fight of the summer (at least for me) in Castillo vs Corrales.

Ah well, at least Gatti is still fighting Baldomir.

Comment

Actually, I think Tarver will beat B-Hop. He seems to big for him as Hopkins may come in way below the limit. Very close fight though, and most likely a boring one. I will not be buyinmg the fight because I will be at MSG to see the Miguel Cotto fight live!

I also hope taylor wright will be good, but i cant see it. Although I do like watching Winky sometimes because he often puts on a fabulous boxing display, like against Trinidad, I love watching that fight. Not exactly exciting, but a piece of boxing brilliance.

Comment

Actually, I think Tarver will beat B-Hop. He seems to big for him as Hopkins may come in way below the limit. Very close fight though, and most likely a boring one. I will not be buyinmg the fight because I will be at MSG to see the Miguel Cotto fight live!

I also hope taylor wright will be good, but i cant see it. Although I do like watching Winky sometimes because he often puts on a fabulous boxing display, like against Trinidad, I love watching that fight. Not exactly exciting, but a piece of boxing brilliance.
                          Dude thats sweet that you're seeing a Cotto fight live!

Is Cotto going to be on Showtime or HBO this weekend? If so thats freakin awesome, I can watch that and just keep track of the hopkins fight on espn.com.

Comment

cotto will be on top rank ppv, not hbo or sho. He was schedueled to be on hbo, but they bumped him because of the ppv. they considered moving the cotto fight to fri., but top rank didnt agree and decided to go it alone. You might consider buying it though, 6 fights and onlt 30 dollars, i think. Decent card too, lots of prospects like John Duddy, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., Juan Manuel LOpez, and the kid from ND, Zbicowsci(not a great boxer, but it will still be cool to see him). Also Bobby Pacqiaou will be fighting Kevin Kelly. I am pumped for the fight. I am going with one of my friends and it should be really fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information