No announcement yet.

Job thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope to go back to school this fall or next spring so I may go work at Albertsons when I do quit PEI.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
      yea, it can be dangerous....just the other day I had some guy pull a big ass knife on me, we had to roll around on the ground, it wasn't fun...I hit him with my asp and he bled...it was cool after that..

but that was the first action I've seen in like a month...so it comes and goes...gainesville is a very laid back place, there really isn't a lot of crime

yea my dad was Baltimore Police and got hurt bad so he doesnt want me to join it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991 View Post
        yea my dad was Baltimore Police and got hurt bad so he doesnt want me to join it.
        yeah, i got a cousin who is a cop in virginia, i wanna say a city called fairfax maybe. it was near the DC border. anyways, he got hurt real bad too, and says that job was dangerous and he never had an easy day. he wouldnt reccomend it to anyone.

Comment

I play football for OSU, so I'm set for life.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
          Originally posted by njx9
          do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I work at a coffee shop up at school, haven't found my summer job yet

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Like Rich Jr., this thread makes me feel old.

I teach 8th grade US History.... love it.
              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
              Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

I go to college but over the summer I work at a cemetery digging graves and doing groundskeeping. I love it, I get to be outside and it pays well. Its about 55 hours a week and I have to get there at 7 AM monday through Friday so its all good. Plus I work for my high school football coach there and he's a great guy. I got an on campus job here but I only work like 15-20 hours a week just for spending money and frat dues.

Comment

I was a soccer ref when i was like 12. 8 bucks a week, great pay. But in the summer I plan to caddy, and its pretty sweet since I live in a really wealthy town which means nice tips. Or at least I hope.

Thanks BoneKrusher!

Comment

Wow I've already seen 2 people who work in cemetaries or funeral homes. How do you guys do it? I mean I don't think I'd feel comfortable.

Not because of the graves/caskets but just because whenever I am at those places I am mourning a lost friend/family member and I am reminded of almost every funeral I've been to when I go to one.
                    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

I work as a scanning clerk in a mental institution. My room is right next to the electric shock therapy room. Anyway its a very boring job, just listen to my iPod the whole time.

I've been applying to internships for the summer, have a few interviews set up, hopefully I get one.

In 8 or so months I'll actually have to start applying for real jobs.

Comment

I'm a cook and have been at the same place for 3 years. I love it and don't want to leave, but eventually I'll have to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                          Wow I've already seen 2 people who work in cemetaries or funeral homes. How do you guys do it? I mean I don't think I'd feel comfortable.

Not because of the graves/caskets but just because whenever I am at those places I am mourning a lost friend/family member and I am reminded of almost every funeral I've been to when I go to one.
                          I knew this question would come up. It's not nearly as bad and morbid as you think. The people are great to work with and it's an easy job.

On the death side, when making arrangements I look at it as a celebration of a good life lived. People bring up fond memories of the deceased and some of the stories are actually very interesting. One must know that the time will come eventually and to take it strong. Emotions do run though at wakes but were well equipped to deal with it.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

I run a blow job company.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                              yeah, i got a cousin who is a cop in virginia, i wanna say a city called fairfax maybe. it was near the DC border. anyways, he got hurt real bad too, and says that job was dangerous and he never had an easy day. he wouldnt reccomend it to anyone.
                              well...working as the po-po in DC is no easy task...it's like the crime capital of the world...

when I first responded to this thread earlier I was sitting in my cruiser in a publix parking lot listening to the radio...and typing...that's how relaxed my zone is...I feel for anyone who has to deal with crack head's and mental patients every minute of the day...

I do not long for that...I'm more of a talker than a fighter, so I don't like to roll on the ground, but I will if I have to...

Comment

I start my job tomorrow in a town just north of Baton Rouge, LA. My job title is a QC Lab technician. I'll run samples of plastics that are made in the plastics plant.

Next week I have an interview to be Claims Rep w/ State Farm in Metairie, LA. That's the job I really want.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                                WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information