No announcement yet.

How can people not like hockey?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one plays hockey in Kansas City...But to be honest, I've never really given hockey a chance, so idk, but it's never really televised here in KC

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
    Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
      i watch it when its on. it just rarely is or something better is on. my history prof had what seems like a good reason why americans dont like hockey and soccer. he claims americans can't accept ties and therefore won't watch either sport to the degree that they do football or baseball.
      There are no ties in hockey.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
        i watch it when its on. it just rarely is or something better is on. my history prof had what seems like a good reason why americans dont like hockey and soccer. he claims americans can't accept ties and therefore won't watch either sport to the degree that they do football or baseball.
        Your history professor should get a new reason because there hasn't been a tie in an NHL game since the lockout ended.
        "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
          No one plays hockey in Kansas City...But to be honest, I've never really given hockey a chance, so idk, but it's never really televised here in KC
          Why did they want to move the Penguins to KC if not many people like hockey?

my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
            There are no ties in hockey.
            not anymore there aren't, but he prolly meant previously...but that's a good reason, American's can't stand ties...also, as far as soccer goes, anyone who doesn't play it usually thinks it's too slow/boring

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post

Well, this was one of my fav games ever.
              this game was AWESOME!
              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                Why did they want to move the Penguins to KC if not many people like hockey?
                It would have most defintely created interest in the sport here, there's just not a lot of fans of the sport currently...There are some rumors that there might be an expansion team in KC, so idk

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Hockey and Soccer are alike in the sense where you have to look for small sometimes subtle things to really appreciate it, and if you play the sport or are an avid fan you just notice these things. Of course there are the big saves/goals that everyone notices, but I'm talking about the small stuff which makes it so appealing to me.
                  Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by adschofield View Post
                    It would have most defintely created interest in the sport here, there's just not a lot of fans of the sport currently...There are some rumors that there might be an expansion team in KC, so idk
                    I wouldn't get my hopes up, because recently, Gary Bettman said that they are not thinking of creating an expansion team.

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                      Hockey and Soccer are alike in the sense where you have to look for small sometimes subtle things to really appreciate it, and if you play the sport or are an avid fan you just notice these things. Of course there are the big saves/goals that everyone notices, but I'm talking about the small stuff which makes it so appealing to me.
                      Thats true too. I watch football more now than in 6th grade because I have been playing for 5 years. Its more fun to watch when you play it, I agree.
                      CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                      JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Plus Barry Melrose (sp) turns me off to Hockey every time I see him on ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                          exactly...I grew up playing soccer, so I love watching pretty much any game, just for the strategy and subtle things that most people outside of the fan base wouldn't understand...personally, I can watch a hockey game if I really wanted to, I have nothing against it, but not understanding any strategies or how to identify what exactly is a penalty vs. what isn't, stuff like that, just kinda turns me off to watching a game on TV

Comment

I love hockey, seriously. I'm a fan of the Devils, and it's really awesome to see Brodeur do what he does. He's just so phenomenal, that his great saves make up for a lack of goals. Also, there is simply no feeling in sports even close to as nerve-wracking as being on the penalty kill with a one-goal lead or in a tied game with under 5 minutes to go.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                            Originally posted by njx9
                            do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              exactly...I grew up playing soccer, so I love watching pretty much any game, just for the strategy and subtle things that most people outside of the fan base wouldn't understand...personally, I can watch a hockey game if I really wanted to, I have nothing against it, but not understanding any strategies or how to identify what exactly is a penalty vs. what isn't, stuff like that, just kinda turns me off to watching a game on TV
                              The refs are all different.
                              One game, they call everything, but then the next game, they dont call anything.

Its the same thing with me and basketball.
                              I dont understand all of the fouls, or what a technical foul, etc. are.

Comment

Yeah. I agree CuterChris. I am one of my team's top penalty killers and it is extremely stressful. Being on the kill during a 5-on-3 is just crazy, especially if the puck is stuck in your zone and the opposing team is working it around the zone.
                                Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information