Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can people not like hockey?

Simple question...

I think the NHL is more exciting to watch in the NBA... especially if it's a close game.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

That's not really saying much to be quite honest

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Cause it's so low scoring and unless you follow the game closely it's hard to appreciate.

Comment

Thanks for this thread. +rep

I'm going to post about 5 youtube links to cool hockey highlights for everyone's enjoyment
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Hockey is #2 for me. I live in Canada so what do expect, hockey is amazing and way under appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
            Cause it's so low scoring and unless you follow the game closely it's hard to appreciate.

um...what? Do you want NFL type scores for hoceky or what? At least in the new NHL, low scoring games are probably the most exciting, because some of the saves goalies make are amazing

as for hard to follow, thats your call, but IMO it shouldn't be something you base a sport on
            Gamertag: OnABoat16 (Games: NCAA 10, NHL 10, Tiger Woods 10)

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
            Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
            Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
            A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

3 reasons casual sports fans should like hockey...

1. The shootout - this might be the most exciting thing in sports. Hockey traditionalists may think the old OT system is better, but the shootouts are just so fun.

2. Alex Ovechkin, Ilya Kovalchuk, Marian Gaborik, Henrik Zetterberg, Malkin, Crosby - These guys are heads and shoulders some of the best dekers around and make defenders look just plain silly.

3. Intensity - Never a dull moment in hockey when the teams don't like each other. All it takes is a run at a goalie and things start to get very interesting
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                Thanks for this thread. +rep

I'm going to post about 5 youtube links to cool hockey highlights for everyone's enjoyment
                Great idea. Here are 5 cool plays, you have to love the sport now!

Designs by D-Unit

Comment

it doesn't even take a run at the goalie...clean hits can lead to huge brawls now a days

but intensity in terms of rivalry games is amazing. The Toronto/Montreal game on Thursday was one of the most exciting games I've seen in a while

A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

Hockey is also a very expensive sport to play and you have to find a place to play, it's just easier to play other sports.

Comment

Last year in the playoffs, Anaheim had trouble selling out their playoff games.
                      The same thing happened in Carolina two years ago.

In Buffalo, last year in the playoffs, we had thousands of fans outside the arena (The games were sold out, so people stood outside)

Maybe it depends on the area you live in, and how you were brought up.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                        Great idea. Here are 5 cool plays, you have to love the sport now!
                        He never said anything about loving the sport Hardy...

he said you can watch it to enjoy...

don't watch if you don't want too

A fan of the USF Bulls

Comment

I'd love to get into it more cause it really does look good. But we get one game a week here, and i'm usually not even home for it. In other words, very, very hard to get involved in.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
                            He never said anything about loving the sport Hardy...

he said you can watch it to enjoy...

don't watch if you don't want too
                            Eh, may have, may not have. I just know there are many occassions on this site when people try to use youtube highlights to solidfy why a player/sport is good or bad. Guess I just misread it.

And please don't call me Hardy.

Designs by D-Unit

Comment

Alexander the Great

Jagr's Top 10

Sergei Fedorov

Top 10 '06-'07 Saves

Top 10 '06-'07 Hits

Datsyuk Top 10

The Dominator flips Marion
                              Last edited by TimD; 02-10-2008, 09:06 PM.
                              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information