Adderall

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
    Meh, I don't use lol. Internet lingo is much too complicated for me.
    rotflmao lol

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
      No, I'm not interested. I think it's cheating to a degree. Are drugs really needed concentrate on school work? That's what I'm getting at.
      I don't really understand how it's considered cheating...I know people who use it when they need to get a lot of work done and will be up for a long period of time i.e. til like 4 in the morning and need to concentrate...and also know tons of people who take it while studying for finals so that they don't just mentally break down in the middle of studying...as long as you don't do like the night before a test but like a day before you have nothing and get some sleep afterwards, there's really nothing that bad about it if you use it once in a while

Comment

It works but its a drug not a medicine, pretty much a pharmacy's version of meth at 1/5 the power. I'm surrounded by it in college. I think a lot of those types of disorders aren't really anything...like one person can concentrate more than another but does that mean they have a disease? In extreme cases maybe, but it is way over prescribed.

Also it is addicting to some people and in large doses over a small period of time can make you go clinically insane temporarily.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
          It works but its a drug not a medicine, pretty much a pharmacy's version of meth at 1/5 the power. I'm surrounded by it in college. I think a lot of those types of disorders aren't really anything...like one person can concentrate more than another but does that mean they have a disease? In extreme cases maybe, but it is way over prescribed.

Also it is addicting to some people and in large doses over a small period of time can make you go clinically insane temporarily.
          Well for one thing Diseases and Disorders are two different things.

Comment

I have ADHD and take adderall. I don't buy that it is cheating academically, but what is unfair is extended time on SAT's and ACT's. It is completely unfair because that takes all the challenge out of the test. Kids with ADD should just load up on adderall before the test (which they do anyway), but giving them extended time is just unfair.

Comment

wrote a 6 pg paper before class this morning on adderall. i support it

Comment

If adderall is cheating then so is drinking coffee

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                  If adderall is cheating then so is drinking coffee
                  you know nothing

Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
                  Well for one thing Diseases and Disorders are two different things.
                  you get what I mean, even if I get the terminology wrong

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I'm surprised this has stayed alive this long.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                      you know nothing
                      A compelling argument, please continue.

Comment

this thread blows. I have ADD and dont take the **** and never filled a prescription. So people that do this are douche bags. If you cant pass do the work without help, you shouldnt be in college.
                        CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                        JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

I've used it for school, and it's very effective. However, I don't really like to use it because, like tittletown is, I'm very anti-pharmy. Plus, there's the fact that it's pretty much chemically identical to meth. Personally, I'd rather use coke.

I wouldn' call it steroids for students or cheating, however. It's not like it makes you smarter or more intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
                            A compelling argument, please continue.
                            Comparing adderall to coffee is like comparing steroids to a multi vitamin...one is relatively safe and available to everyone, with mild effects and doesn't really help you much. Adderall does a lot more than help you stay awake. The other is a prescription drug that is not available to most and requires you to break the law. It has lots of adverse effects and does a lot of work for you.

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            Personally, I'd rather use coke.
                            Interesting, I know people that are addicted to coke and sometimes take adderall to satisfy the craving (help them quit...kinda).
                            Last edited by umphrey; 02-12-2008, 12:47 AM.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

I honestly don't think i've ever felt i've had to try so hard at school that i'd need this stuff, but than again i go through school with the philosophy that p's get degrees (although i understand your school system works a bit different). But if i did, i guess i'd take it, i'm not against cheating and i've put worse things in my body.

Comment

I think the real question here is.....

What Would Tom Do?

And no, I do not use them. I don't have any illnesses affecting my ability to concentrate and while sometimes concentrating isn't easy, I just think about the thousands of dollars that its costing me to be here and I'm good. Really thats all it takes.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information