Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trusty pickup truck

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080212/...ion_mile_truck

GRESHAM, Wis. - Frank Oresnik's trusty pickup truck he calls it "the old girl" passed the 1 million-mile mark with a camera crew filming the event and a public-radio audience listening in. "I can't tell you how much fun it was," he said. "It was really humbling, all this interest."

"I wont say it was relief ... it was exhilarating," Oresnik said later during a stop in Gresham where he has one of his longtime customers. "This truck has been so dependable over the years." Now that it's made history, the truck could be headed back to the automaker or Shell Oil. Oresnik said there's been some interested in GM or Shell Oil buying it.

The dude drives a million miles since 1991? Holy crap. That's 55,555 miles a year on average. How can he drive that much in a year? I wanna know what he does for a living.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080212/...ion_mile_truck

GRESHAM, Wis. - Frank Oresnik's trusty pickup truck he calls it "the old girl" passed the 1 million-mile mark with a camera crew filming the event and a public-radio audience listening in. "I can't tell you how much fun it was," he said. "It was really humbling, all this interest."

"I wont say it was relief ... it was exhilarating," Oresnik said later during a stop in Gresham where he has one of his longtime customers. "This truck has been so dependable over the years." Now that it's made history, the truck could be headed back to the automaker or Shell Oil. Oresnik said there's been some interested in GM or Shell Oil buying it.

i would charge them a dollar per mile. sounds about right. you know they want that thing so bad. pretty damn impressive though.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
        The dude drives a million miles since 1991? Holy crap. That's 55,555 miles a year on average. How can he drive that much in a year? I wanna know what he does for a living.
        and he drove 959,000 since 96 actually, when he bought the truck. so its somewhere around 87,181 miles a year.
        Last edited by terribletowel39; 02-12-2008, 12:44 PM.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

What kind of repairs/maintenance had to be done? I imagine that something would have had to be replaced.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

haha, Gresham is about 40 miles west of Green Bay. most people that live there make very frequent trips to Green Bay to the east or Wasau to the west. but, most of 'em get a new car every once in a while.

Comment

Figure this:

1 million miles. I am guessing (probably generously) that he could get 18 MPG. That equates to 55,555 gallons of gas.

At today's gas price (in Michigan its about $3 a gallon right now), that would cost him approximatly $167,000.

Whoa!
              R.I.P. L.E.F.
              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information