Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blu-ray wins format battle?

Blu-ray wins format battle

TOKYO - Toshiba said Tuesday it will no longer develop, make or market HD DVD players and recorders, handing a victory to rival Blu-ray disc technology in the format battle for next-generation video.

The move would make Blu-ray backed by Sony Corp., Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., which makes Panasonic brand products, and five major Hollywood movie studios the winner in the battle over high-definition DVD formatting that began several years ago.

Huh that's very interesting...is this exactly a reliable source? Like is this definite or what?

Being an HD man myself, does this mean that DVD's from now on will no longer be formatted in the HD style, or just that the DVD players will no longer accept HD formatted DVD's (thus making the need for them obsolete)?
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
      Huh that's very interesting...is this exactly a reliable source? Like is this definite or what?
      It is on the front page of yahoo.com it sounds like a definite will see.

Comment

This was a foregone conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by nvot9 View Post

Being an HD man myself, does this mean that DVD's from now on will no longer be formatted in the HD style, or just that the DVD players will no longer accept HD formatted DVD's (thus making the need for them obsolete)?
          This has been old news for awhile actually, ever since CES a month ago. Plus there was already a thread about this like 4 days ago.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=18270

Comment

If you followed this kind of stuff this was pretty much a given for about a month, when all the movie studios got behind BluRay

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Yea this was bound to happen......

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

this is why I did not buy a HD DVD player...you can get them for around 60 bucks now...I wonder if Blu Ray will ever incorporate HD DVD into its formats...

Comment

I was very close to buying an HD player with 3 movies plus the mail in offer for 100 bucks on boxing day and I am glad I didn't. I still think I am going to wait and either buy a PS3 when it gets really cheap or hope that Microsoft releases a bluray attachment for my 360.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                    I was very close to buying an HD player with 3 movies plus the mail in offer for 100 bucks on boxing day and I am glad I didn't. I still think I am going to wait and either buy a PS3 when it gets really cheap or hope that Microsoft releases a bluray attachment for my 360.
                    I doubt that Microsoft will release a sony product to go along with the XBox 360...

Comment

I heard a rumour that says the might.

Comment

I heard a rumour that says the might.
                        really? I don't understand how that would be smart for Sony...

I mean, that would be badass for microsoft...but Sony would be allowing the direct competition to get the upperhand...for a lesser price...

did you read that...if so do you have a link...??

Comment

I heard it so long ago. Don't think I am making this up because I actually heard it. I am just hoping though, I don't think it will actually happen.

Comment

I heard it so long ago. Don't think I am making this up because I actually heard it. I am just hoping though, I don't think it will actually happen.
                            I'm not saying your making it up...I would just like confirmation though...I just don't see it happening...my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                              I'm not saying your making it up...I would just like confirmation though...I just don't see it happening...my opinion...
                              http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

it's happening. (website backed by The Associated Press)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information