**Official Boxing Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UKfan
    I hope it hasnt been brought up before, but I couldnt be bothered to read 8 pages, what do you guys think of Ricky Hatton, after he beat Tzuyu, I thought, the skies the limit, but since then he struggled bad against Collazo, and now is dropping back to fight for a title he vacated.

Hatton is a very good fighter. He is part of the new age of plodder fighters who just wear you down with their incredible will, in the mold of Carlos Baldomir, Margarito, and Kostya himself. I am not a fan of Hatton however, his style of fighting can bore me.

Considering the success plodders have had against the likes of Judah, who is basically a poor mans Mayweather, I think he would do an excellent job of giving Floyd a hard time. If anyone in the sport can beat Floyd at or below 147 I would give Hatton the best chance.

Comment

• Btw, he wants Gatti real bad, and Gatti looks like he still has a fight or two left in him... so Hatton vs Gatti may be his next match.

With that said, I really really really really really hope Gatti retires. I love Gatti so much that I don't think I would be able to pay (it would be ppv if he fought gatti i imagine) to watch Gatti get beat up by a younger, stronger guy.

Gatti's only chance against Hatton would be to catch him with one punch.

Comment

• Did any of you guys hear of this boxer from Ukraine, Dmitry Salita(sp. ?)? He's undefeated and is getting a lot of hype here in NY.

He is a deeply religious Jewish person and doesn't fight on certain days.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV
          Did any of you guys hear of this boxer from Ukraine, Dmitry Salita(sp. ?)? He's undefeated and is getting a lot of hype here in NY.

Yeah, i heard of him. he's okay. it is overblown around where we live tho.

As far as Hatton, i despise the man. As I am a huge Cotto, it is just in my blood to hate him. As a fighter, I think he is OK. I think he has fought bad fighters besides Tszyu and Collazo and was WAY overhyped coming to america. that said, he is a guy that can give people major problems with his style.

paul Williams looks good btw, but not as good as everyone is gonna say. if he was fighting a big puncher (Cotto, Hatton, even FMJ) he could have easily been KO'd. he has a decent chin on him, but his defense is elkementary imo and he gets hit WAAAAAY too much. he will have to work on that to be a top fighter like so many people expect.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Schubert
            Originally posted by MaxV
            Did any of you guys hear of this boxer from Ukraine, Dmitry Salita(sp. ?)? He's undefeated and is getting a lot of hype here in NY.

As far as Hatton, i despise the man. As I am a huge Cotto, it is just in my blood to hate him. As a fighter, I think he is OK. I think he has fought bad fighters besides Tszyu and Collazo and was WAY overhyped coming to america. that said, he is a guy that can give people major problems with his style.

paul Williams looks good btw, but not as good as everyone is gonna say. if he was fighting a big puncher (Cotto, Hatton, even FMJ) he could have easily been KO'd. he has a decent chin on him, but his defense is elkementary imo and he gets hit WAAAAAY too much. he will have to work on that to be a top fighter like so many people expect.
            you're wrong, his chin is incredible. He fought a huge puncher in his previous fight and got hit with some BOMBS and just kept coming. His defense is w/o question suspect but he has a great body and tremendous chin to account for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime21335
              Originally posted by Rob Schubert
              Originally posted by MaxV

you're wrong, his chin is incredible. He fought a huge puncher in his previous fight and got hit with some BOMBS and just kept coming. His defense is w/o question suspect but he has a great body and tremendous chin to account for it.
              we will see about that chin. You very well could be right, but i have a feeling that HBO may have overblow mattyse's power in order to get viewers into the fight. I didnt and still dont buy buy mattyse as a legit prospect.

Comment

• Bernard Hopkins reminds me SO BAD of DMX.

btw, the only exciting flyweight in the world is fighting on the Chico undercard.

Comment

• bump it up!

Comment

• How in the world were you able to find this thread???

I'm tired of waiting for these big fights. Which is the best coming up?

Comment

• Calzaghe v Manfredo is coming up I believe, and David Haye is fighting again soon, that's about all I can remember prior to DLH v Floyd.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                        Calzaghe v Manfredo is coming up I believe, and David Haye is fighting again soon, that's about all I can remember prior to DLH v Floyd.
                        Who do you think is gonna win? I hate to be the guy who picks Floyd like everyone else but i have to

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88

Comment

• Yeah I have to go with Floyd, I think it will go to a decision.

Comment

• Floyd will win, but it will be closer then people think.

Like him or not, Oscar is a very good boxer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                              Floyd will win, but it will be closer then people think.

Like him or not, Oscar is a very good boxer.

I think it'll be close as well, maybe 4 round split, 116 - 112 or something like that.

Comment

• I found the thread in the my threads thing lol. Anyway, I have Floyd by easy decision. I dont see it being close. I may elaborate later in another post, but I like FMJ to pitch a near shut out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information