**Official Boxing Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
    I found the thread in the my threads thing lol. Anyway, I have Floyd by easy decision. I dont see it being close. I may elaborate later in another post, but I like FMJ to pitch a near shut out.
    Not a lot of faith in Oscar, huh?

I think you are underrating him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
      Not a lot of faith in Oscar, huh?

I think you are underrating him.
      I will offer a short reasoning post now. Basically, Oscar has not beaten a top opponent (which FMJ is) since 2002. Since that win over Vargas his only wins are vs Luis Ramon Campos, Felix Sturm, and Ricardo Mayorga. Those 3 guys probably are not even top 50 p4p, maybe even more. Sure he looked impressive vs Mayorga, but EVERY good boxer should. Mayorga is a a big name, but the fact is that his style lends itself to getting dominated by good fighters. He is a tailor made comeback fight. You saw it when Trinidad killed him. I was not overly impressed with DLH there. DLH has not been in the ring with someone the same level as FMJ for at least 4 years, probably ever. Combine that with the fact that this will likely be Oscar's last fight and that his money is in the bank and I think the recipe is there for a blow out.
      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• I think Oscar wants to finish strong, and will give his best.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
          I think Oscar wants to finish strong, and will give his best.
          I am inclined to think that as well. However, even if he does I think that if PBF sticks to a boxing game plan he can dominate.
          When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Amir Khan just won at lightweight in 3 rounds with a decent body shot. Manfredo vs Calzaghe yet.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• Anyone watching, Calzaghe dominating so far behind his jab, he hasn't really hurt Manfredo, but Manfredo looks lost in there. To be expected I guess

Comment

• It's all over! Soft stoppage IMO even though Manfredo wasn't firing back anything

Comment

• That Manfredo stoppage was one of the worst I've ever seen. Anybody lookin forward to Zab vs. Cotto? I think it's gonna be a great fight and if Zab can stay focused or land big shots early on, Cotto's not makin it past the 8th.
                  When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

• I'm trying to go to Zab v. Cotto. Cotto's chin needs to be tested early thats for sure.
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
                      That Manfredo stoppage was one of the worst I've ever seen. Anybody lookin forward to Zab vs. Cotto? I think it's gonna be a great fight and if Zab can stay focused or land big shots early on, Cotto's not makin it past the 8th.
                      I think it could be great. I Think Cotto may surprise some people.

Comment

• I know Zab has his issues, but I can't help but think about how he dominated Floyd over the first four rounds of their fight. I hope Zab can stay focused and in good enough shape to make some noise again. I think he's probably the most naturally gifted figher in the sport. His handspeed and power are ridiculous. I have nothin against Cotto, but I would just love to see Zab perform at his highest level on that big stage in June and pull out a victory.

Comment

• Glen Johnson v. Griffin nice old timers fight.
                          <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                          What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

• I've always like Glen Johnson's relentless always moving forward style.

Comment

• Taylor vs. Spinks was a joke. It was the type of fight that I pray no potential fan of the sport was watching.

Here's my detailed analysis of the fight:

Round 1 - Spinks danced. Jermain watched. No punches were thrown. Manny Steward yelled at Jermain iafter the round because Jermain wasn't listening or throwing any punches. Merchant sucked. Fans booed.

Rounds 2-12
                              (repeat)

Comment

• Haha, pretty good analysis, who did you have winning it? IMO Cory sneaked it, but I can't complain at the verdict as he didn't exactly rip the title away from Taylor...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information