No announcement yet.

**Official Boxing Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man I couldn't even keep up with scoring it because nobody was punching. I guess I would have to score a few rounds as even. Jermain was landing in the single digits most of the rounds and Cory was throwin in the single digits. Not landing...throwing. I really don't know who won. The Pavlik and Miranda fight was alrite, but it was pretty sloppy. I hate Cory Spinks.
    When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

• That X-Plosive is only two days away. Anybody amped for this fight? Rob, I know you are. Zab wasn't lookin like he was training too hard on the Countdown.

Comment

• Sultan is champ. I knew he would beat Briggs.

Comment

• Rob S, props to your boy Cotto for takin care of business in an impressive fashion. Great fight.

Comment

• Really was a good fight, but I can see where Judah wants a rematch. I'm positive those 2 low blows had a big effect.

Comment

• I think Zab wants a rematch b/c he realizes that he'll never get another big fight again. I can honestly say F**K Zab Judah. He beat Floyd for four rounds and then quit punching and last night just about every time he threw a combo or any type of left hand he hurt Cotto, but then he stopped throwing. I read in an article something about how it's funny how u can watch every Zab fight and see that as the rounds go on, he throws less punches and his dad throws more and more in between rounds. And it held true last night. He has all the tools, but if I were making a boxing video game, I would have Zab's heart as a 0/100. No joke. And I'd have his balls at about 3/100 b/c at least we no he has those by the way he reacted to getting hit down there, but he certainly doesn't have big ones.

I was moderately impressed with Cotto's performance, but I still think he would get handled by Floyd. He justs gets hit too easily for my liking. His defense is the only thing that's holding him back from being an undeniable force in everyone's eyes. Depending on how he looks against Margarito (if he wins against Williams) next he still may not be ready. Cotto fans were demanding him to fight Floyd next year on the eve of the Puerto Rican Day, but I think he should look at Mosely for that date. If he can get through Margarito and Shane w/o takin as much punishment as he usually does, then I think around next fall he should fight Floyd in a MEGAFIGHT. Preferably somewhere in Louisiana, so I could go to it. (wishful thinking)

But again, props to Cotto for taking care of business in front of his largest fan base, unlike Jermain Taylor. I like where the kid is headed.
              Last edited by SugarSean; 06-10-2007, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
                I think Zab wants a rematch b/c he realizes that he'll never get another big fight again. I can honestly say F**K Zab Judah. He beat Floyd for four rounds and then quit punching and last night just about every time he threw a combo or any type of left hand he hurt Cotto, but then he stopped throwing. I read in an article something about how it's funny how u can watch every Zab fight and see that as the rounds go on, he throws less punches and his dad throws more and more in between rounds. And it held true last night. He has all the tools, but if I were making a boxing video game, I would have Zab's heart as a 0/100. No joke. And I'd have his balls at about 3/100 b/c at least we no he has those by the way he reacted to getting hit down there, but he certainly doesn't have big ones.

I was moderately impressed with Cotto's performance, but I still think he would get handled by Floyd. He justs gets hit too easily for my liking. His defense is the only thing that's holding him back from being an undeniable force in everyone's eyes. Depending on how he looks against Margarito (if he wins against Williams) next he still may not be ready. Cotto fans were demanding him to fight Floyd next year on the eve of the Puerto Rican Day, but I think he should look at Mosely for that date. If he can get through Margarito and Shane w/o takin as much punishment as he usually does, then I think around next fall he should fight Floyd in a MEGAFIGHT. Preferably somewhere in Louisiana, so I could go to it. (wishful thinking)

But again, props to Cotto for taking care of business in front of his largest fan base, unlike Jermain Taylor. I like where the kid is headed.
                love the idea.
                Peyton Manning Fanboy
                Originally posted by Complex
                They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

• Can't wait for the Ricky Hatton fight Saturday night baby! Hatton is gonna KO him in the 10th Round easy win for The Hitman. Hopfully Hatton's next two fights are Cotto and Mayweather to prove that Hatton is The Best.

Comment

• I think the Hatton Castillo fight is gonna be good I see one of them getting KOed in the 11th. There both aggressive fighters that won't take a step back.

Seattle Sports baby!

Shaun Alexander, Lofa Tatupu, Matt Hasselbeck, Kevin Durant and Ichiro Suzuki are all gods!

Comment

• didnt see the thread till now. anyway, I think Cotto has the best shot at beating mayweather of any boxer right now.......dont feel like going into it now but if u want me to elaborate i will. Also, MSG was the loudest i have ever heard it (I was at a ranger playoff game too......and Cotto-Judah owned it) Pumped for the fight tonight, i think hatton should win due to size and pressure, but JLC is a great, great fighter and will stay in there and rip that left hook.
                      When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Ricky Hitman Hatton baby best Boxer in the buiz right now. Hatton vs. Mayweather baby Hatton will whip him up! Mayweather is a bum Hatton is the man.

Comment

• I didnt see the fight but, i heard 4th round KO... wish i could have seen it live...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Hatton gave him a left hook right in the body and Castillo just went to one knee and he just gave up.

Comment

• http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ggo4hlf8V8Q

Hatton knocks out Castillo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• anyone think Andrew Golota will make a return?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information