**Official Boxing Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
    Yeah, I hear they offered a him a little under 10 mil (U.S. dollars), which isn't that bad, but in the offer, Hatton is gonna be making a lot more and Floyd has to sit around for the rest of the year while Hatton fights a tune-up fight in November to get his body more acclimated to 147. It kinda doesn't make sense to me b/c I hear he walks around at about 190. But I hear the offer is a joke. It seems like a low-ball just so they can say Floyd turned down Hatton.
    Hatton probably does walk around at 190, but it's not an in shape 190, he piles on the fat and boozes a lot in between fights.

Hatton is sometimes referred to by boxing fans as "Ricky Fatton" because he's been known to allow himself to weigh as much as 175 to 180 pounds (35 to 40 pounds over his fight weight) when he's not in training for a fight. Ever since Hatton turned professional, he has always opted to eat a full English breakfast before fights
    From Wiki

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• I'm interested in that Chagaev/Ibragimov fight. Unifying the heavyweight belts is always good. Hopefully the winner will fight Wlad.
      When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

I'm interested in that Chagaev/Ibragimov fight. Unifying the heavyweight belts is always good. Hopefully the winner will fight Wlad.
        The fight does not interest me, but the fact that it is unification is amazing for the sport. The only way boxing can become big again is with a real HW champ.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Yeah, I hear they offered a him a little under 10 mil (U.S. dollars), which isn't that bad, but in the offer, Hatton is gonna be making a lot more and Floyd has to sit around for the rest of the year while Hatton fights a tune-up fight in November to get his body more acclimated to 147. It kinda doesn't make sense to me b/c I hear he walks around at about 190. But I hear the offer is a joke. It seems like a low-ball just so they can say Floyd turned down Hatton.
          No way Hatton makes more than PBF. I dont think Floyd will do this for a 50-50 split, let alone making less.

Comment

• so, who do u guys have in the Margarito-Williams fight, this is one of the most intriguing fights of the year imo. I dont know who I like yet. I love Margarito and want him to win bc I want to see Cotto get that fight, but, Williams is skilled and has an 82 in. reach, that is f'n ridiculous.

Comment

• I've been excited for this fight for a while now. Williams is a freak but I'm pulling for Margarito. I love what this fight could mean for both fighters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                The fight does not interest me, but the fact that it is unification is amazing for the sport. The only way boxing can become big again is with a real HW champ.
                I think you hit the nail on the head. I shoulda said I'm interested in unifying the division, not interested in the actual fight b/c I'm really not interested in those two guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                  so, who do u guys have in the Margarito-Williams fight, this is one of the most intriguing fights of the year imo. I dont know who I like yet. I love Margarito and want him to win bc I want to see Cotto get that fight, but, Williams is skilled and has an 82 in. reach, that is f'n ridiculous.

I'm rooting for Williams, b/c I don't really like Margarito. I think he's overrated. I think this is gonna be a great test for Williams, b/c I would like to see him be the next huge superstar in the sport. I don't know what it is about him, maybe it's how he says yes sir and no sir in all his interviews that I like about him. He seems really polite, humble, confident, cocky...everything. Then he's got the right style and frame to be able to conquer every division up to 160. Maybe 168. I don't know, but when you watch him in interviews and stuff he just comes off as a guy that you wanna root for. I can't say if I think he'll win against Tony, but I HOPE he wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Battle of the unbeatens gotta love it....

Floyd would dominate the hell outta him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      Floyd would dominate the hell outta him.
                      I'd def. take Floyd....no question but, I would pay big moeny to see this one...I hope it goes down.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

I'd def. take Floyd....no question but, I would pay big moeny to see this one...I hope it goes down.

Me as well. I want the Hatton supporters to back the **** down.

Comment

• I just watched Holyfield vs. Savarese and it was actually a really good fight for heavyweights. I think Evander could make some noise. He probably can beat two outta the four title holders. He looked really good tonight.

Comment

I just watched Holyfield vs. Savarese and it was actually a really good fight for heavyweights. I think Evander could make some noise. He probably can beat two outta the four title holders. He looked really good tonight.
                            What was the outcome?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

What was the outcome?
                              10-round decision for Evander.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                                10-round decision for Evander.
                                Thanks, Max. I never heard how he won...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information