No announcement yet.

**Official Boxing Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evander picked the right time to come back. HW division is TERRIBLE.

With that said, none of the 4 guys that are holding the title are easy to beat and Evander is a shadow of his former self.

I'm not so sure he can win the title.

Comment

• David Haye is the future at HW after he beats Mormeck at Cruiserweight. :D

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

• if holyfield is coming back, i think it'd be a good time for Golota to come back

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Thanks, Max. I never heard how he won...
          Yeah, it was a UD for Holyfield, but he knocked down Savarese like 3 or 4 times. He shoulda ended it in the fourth, ninth and tenth rounds. He dominated.
          When you reach the upper level, your mind body and soul must be one.

Comment

• meh......holyfield is whatever. I dont think he can beat any of the titleholders, and i pray he doesnt bc i KNOW he will delay unification to hold onto that belt.
            When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKfan View Post
              David Haye is the future at HW after he beats Mormeck at Cruiserweight. :D
              I love watching him fight.....

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
                I'm rooting for Williams, b/c I don't really like Margarito. I think he's overrated. I think this is gonna be a great test for Williams, b/c I would like to see him be the next huge superstar in the sport. I don't know what it is about him, maybe it's how he says yes sir and no sir in all his interviews that I like about him. He seems really polite, humble, confident, cocky...everything. Then he's got the right style and frame to be able to conquer every division up to 160. Maybe 168. I don't know, but when you watch him in interviews and stuff he just comes off as a guy that you wanna root for. I can't say if I think he'll win against Tony, but I HOPE he wins.
                I dont know if williams will be as effective when he goes up in weight. Look at his main strengths, he has enormous reach, and throw a ton of punches, with only a little above average power. Now, when he goes up he loses his reach advantage to some extent and become, imo, a light puncher at MW. Then all he has is a less important reach advantage and his ability to volume punch., At 160+ I think Williams is a slightly more skilled, slightly more powerful, bigger version of Kassim Ouma. That is respectable (I think he could make a respectable 160), but I dont ever see him dominationg. People dont realize how much Williams gets hit, he gets hit as much or more than Cotto. If he goes up in weight, well, Paul Williams better have a chin on him.
                When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                  I dont know if williams will be as effective when he goes up in weight. Look at his main strengths, he has enormous reach, and throw a ton of punches, with only a little above average power. Now, when he goes up he loses his reach advantage to some extent and become, imo, a light puncher at MW. Then all he has is a less important reach advantage and his ability to volume punch., At 160+ I think Williams is a slightly more skilled, slightly more powerful, bigger version of Kassim Ouma. That is respectable (I think he could make a respectable 160), but I dont ever see him dominationg. People dont realize how much Williams gets hit, he gets hit as much or more than Cotto. If he goes up in weight, well, Paul Williams better have a chin on him.
                  I've only seen maybe three or four of William's fights to be honest. When I say that I think he'll be the next big thing, it's mostly because I like him. Not really because I think he's the truth. We'll see how he fairs against Margarito. Only one week left. Can't wait.

Comment

• Well, Wlad got his revenge against Brewster, as expected.

I hope he fights the winner of Ibragimov-Chagaev next.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                      Well, Wlad got his revenge against Brewster, as expected.

I hope he fights the winner of Ibragimov-Chagaev next.

Me too.

10 char

Comment

• Paul Williams looked impressive tonight. He is gonna be pretty damn hard to beat at 147. I didn't think it was possible to throw that many punches for 12 rounds straight.

Comment

• It was painfully obvious that it was coming, but it's still sad to see him go. Thanks for the great fights Gatti. One of my favorite athletes of all time. I can't think of how I want to describe him, but we all know how big his heart was and he is one of the better sports figures that comes to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                            meh......holyfield is whatever. I dont think he can beat any of the titleholders, and i pray he doesnt bc i KNOW he will delay unification to hold onto that belt.
                            I don't think he would stand a chance, most fighters who go the distance, are either against a great opponent or over the hill imo, holyfield is the latter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SugarSean View Post
                              Paul Williams looked impressive tonight. He is gonna be pretty damn hard to beat at 147. I didn't think it was possible to throw that many punches for 12 rounds straight.
                              He sure did!!! I thought Williams held most of the fight, Id say at least the first 5-6 rounds at least. Margarito came on at the end, and looked as if he was gonna take it, but Williams did what he needed to win. Williams is a true champ and a classy winner. He deserved that. Margarito is a big b**** baby, and has no class. He lost the fight. I dont care what he says, he didnt take a round until half the fight was over. All he has to do is complain now.

SugarSean I agree with you on what you said about Williams earlier. I like him and his style. I hope he does well. I mean hes doing very well right now, but I hope that this title is the first of many great things.

Comment

• I wanted to see Paul Williams win just so i can see Mosley fight Cotto. Now that will be a very interesting match up.
                                Peyton Manning Fanboy
                                Originally posted by Complex
                                They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information