No announcement yet.

**Official Boxing Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is primetime, he usually owns these boxing threads?
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Schubert
      Oh I'm here baby.

Thought I should start this sucker off by saying Rob, I'm sad to inform you that I called the cable company today and the Cotto fight is a whopping 39.99 PLUS local charges to order. If he was fighting a puncher or someone with a bigger name my dad and I would probably order it, but 45-50 dollars simply isn't worth it. Cotto will probably knock him out in the later rounds (as you predicted) or win by a decision.
      This guy he's fighting might be slick but Cotto is young and tough so slick boxing won't deter his mighty march foward if this guy can't hurt him.

As for the Tarver vs Hopkins fight, I am excited to follow it online with espn.com round by round, but it is simply not worth 50 dollars to see a Hopkins fight. His fights with Taylor were 2 of his more exciting fights over the past decade.. they were good fights but not great.

As I stated earlier, I believe Hopkins will outsmart Tarver who will be too anxious to make a statement and knock Hopkins out. Hopkins will circle, grab, and punch when the ref. isn't looking and make this fight very sloppy in route to a decision victory.

Don't forget, Hopkins started his career at Light Heavy... and was 0-1.

Did any of you see that KO by Demetrius Hopkins last night? Wow. I was watching it live and almost turned it off because Demetrius is SUCH a boring fighter but I tell you what, I'm glad I kept it on. He knocked that dude the **** OUT! I was legitamitely afraid when I saw that guy drop. Thankfully, he was only unconcious for like 5 seconds and than doctors rushed in to help him.
      It will probably win KO of the year and it was SportCenter's top play.

Demetrius has really grown into a solid puncher and is no longer a straight up pitter patter boxer anymore. He's KO'd 5 of his last 6, and he should be 6 for 6 but the fight he had before lastnight he couldn't put the guy away.

Demetrius has all the makings of a champion but he is
      1. Boring
      2. Lacks a killer instinct
      3. Unsure of himself

I truely believe after consitently following his career on ESPN2 that he is a solid puncher and has great speed and talent at 140... he just doesn't have that "it".

Comment

Originally posted by primetime21335
        Oh I'm here baby.

Thought I should start this sucker off by saying Rob, I'm sad to inform you that I called the cable company today and the Cotto fight is a whopping 39.99 PLUS local charges to order. If he was fighting a puncher or someone with a bigger name my dad and I would probably order it, but 45-50 dollars simply isn't worth it. Cotto will probably knock him out in the later rounds (as you predicted) or win by a decision.
        This guy he's fighting might be slick but Cotto is young and tough so slick boxing won't deter his mighty march foward if this guy can't hurt him.

As for the Tarver vs Hopkins fight, I am excited to follow it online with espn.com round by round, but it is simply not worth 50 dollars to see a Hopkins fight. His fights with Taylor were 2 of his more exciting fights over the past decade.. they were good fights but not great.

As I stated earlier, I believe Hopkins will outsmart Tarver who will be too anxious to make a statement and knock Hopkins out. Hopkins will circle, grab, and punch when the ref. isn't looking and make this fight very sloppy in route to a decision victory.

Did any of you see that KO by Demetrius Hopkins last night? Wow. I was watching it live and almost turned it off because Demetrius is SUCH a boring fighter but I tell you what, I'm glad I kept it on. He knocked that dude the *********** OUT! I was legitamitely afraid when I saw that guy drop. Thankfully, he was only unconcious for like 5 seconds and than doctors rushed in to help him.

Demetrius has really grown into a solid puncher and is no longer a straight up pitter patter boxer anymore. He's KO'd 5 of his last 6, and he should be 6 for 6 but the fight he had before lastnight he couldn't put the guy away.

1. Boring
        3. Unsure of himself

I truely believe after consitently following his career on ESPN2 that he is a solid puncher and has great speed and talent at 140... he just doesn't have that "it".
        Good to see ya in the thread. Yeah, I saw D-Hop's KO. He is a pretty good prospect and that was a damn good KO. I've seen a few of his fights and I am not really a huge fan. I dont have much patience for very boring fighters unless they are displaying outstanding boxing skill against great competition (like Winky vs Trinidad). D-Hop will probably win a belt eventually (although he is not close to Bernard) and will ahve a very solid pro career.

Anyway I am extremely nervous right now for the cotto fight. I have great confidence in him, but Malignaggi looks to be in great shape and Cotto is having a lot of trouble making weight. He will make it, I think, but he looked drained at the press conference. I am a little worried that he might tire if the fight goes to the later rounds. And, if you wanna see the cotto fight (which has a great UC), just get 4 friends together, then it is 10 bucks each. Thats what I do when I m low on cash. Anyway, I am real excited for tomorrow, I just hope Cotto makes weight on his 1st try so he has a ton of time to replenish the nutrients he has lost this week.

Comment

Hopkins is almost a 3-1 underdog. Anyone think he has a legit chance in this fight?
          Originally posted by nvot9
          I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
          Indianapolis Colts 13-3
          Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
          Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
          Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

He has a legit shot, no doubt. He is a good boxer and always fights a smart fight. He also knows how to use dirty tactics better than anyone. Being his last fight, he will probably be looking to pull out all the stops. To say he has no shot would be ignorant. The 3-1 odds come mostly out of the big size differential, and I do agree that it will be significant. It is the main reason I have Tarver winning, but B-hop has a good shot imo.

Comment

They both better be good for 50 bucks on Pay-per view cus im watchin them

Made by stephenson86

Comment

Its not big if Winky Wright isn't boxing
                | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Winky will be on next week against Jermain taylor, no worries Hawkeye. Also, steelcurtain, the fight probably wont be all that exciting, just warning you. If you dont like tactical fight, save your cash and catch the replay next saturday.

Comment

Winky will be on next week against Jermain taylor, no worries Hawkeye. Also, steelcurtain, the fight probably wont be all that exciting, just warning you. If you dont like tactical fight, save your cash and catch the replay next saturday.
                    Alright! Thanks man!
                    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

Comment

Originally posted by Steelcurtain1970
                      They both better be good for 50 bucks on Pay-per view cus im watchin them
                      thats such a rip-off

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

I got money on Cotto and Tarver.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanLeaf#1
                          Hopkins is almost a 3-1 underdog. Anyone think he has a legit chance in this fight?

Read my post, he definitely does. He is, next to Delahoya, the smartest boxer in the sport. He knows how to win.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime21335
                            Oh I'm here baby.

Did any of you see that KO by Demetrius Hopkins last night? Wow. I was watching it live and almost turned it off because Demetrius is SUCH a boring fighter but I tell you what, I'm glad I kept it on. He knocked that dude the *********** OUT! I was legitamitely afraid when I saw that guy drop. Thankfully, he was only unconcious for like 5 seconds and than doctors rushed in to help him.

1. Boring
                            3. Unsure of himself

Good to see ya in the thread. Yeah, I saw D-Hop's KO. He is a pretty good prospect and that was a damn good KO. I've seen a few of his fights and I am not really a huge fan. I dont have much patience for very boring fighters unless they are displaying outstanding boxing skill against great competition (like Winky vs Trinidad). D-Hop will probably win a belt eventually (although he is not close to Bernard) and will ahve a very solid pro career.

Anyway I am extremely nervous right now for the cotto fight. I have great confidence in him, but Malignaggi looks to be in great shape and Cotto is having a lot of trouble making weight. He will make it, I think, but he looked drained at the press conference. I am a little worried that he might tire if the fight goes to the later rounds. And, if you wanna see the cotto fight (which has a great UC), just get 4 friends together, then it is 10 bucks each. Thats what I do when I m low on cash. Anyway, I am real excited for tomorrow, I just hope Cotto makes weight on his 1st try so he has a ton of time to replenish the nutrients he has lost this week.
                            Yea I'm not a D-Hop fan either, like I said, I was very close to turning the fight off midway through it. He's very boring and despite the fact that he has champion talent he seems afraid to fight like it.

I don't have 4 friends who will be interested in a Miguel Cotto fight lol. Maybe I could gather up a few for the Tarver Hopkins fight, but even I don't want to buy that. It could be exciting... but I highly doubt it.

If the Cotto fight would've been 29.99 my Dad and I were going to purchase it.

Comment

You need some more friends that are into boxing. LOL

Comment

You need some more friends that are into boxing. LOL
                                No ****, but if you haven't realized yet, nobody is into boxing like we are. Hell, just look at this forum, me, you, and like 3 other posters are the only people at all interested in boxing.

I was gonna have some friends over for the Castillo vs Corrales fight but than Castillo's ***** muhfuckin ass didn't make weight. My one friend had "F--- Castillo!" in his away message the entire week lol.

I'm definitely converting people but it's not an easy task.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information