Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by primetime21335
    Originally posted by Rob Schubert
    Didnt see the Hopkins fight yet, but heard he looked amazing. I am glad for that, I wanted to see him go out on top. Cotto messed up Paulie, broke his jaw, nose, and cheekbone, and cut him over the eye and on his mouth. He didnt look great, but he got the win, now he can move up to 147 where he will be more comfortable.
    Wow. I would like to see a pic of that! I was reading what happened before that fight on fightnews.com and I saw how many exciting fights there were before that fight and I figured you were having a great time.
    Yeah, it was awesome. The crowd was crazy all night. Duddy got a huge ovation as well as Tommy Z and Cotto. Amzing night. I will post where to dowload the cotto fight in a second. Paulkie is freaking tough though man, he kept coming. He gained my respect.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

to download the cotto fight: http://www.profibox.hu/shared/Cotto...gi_New_York.nsv

The Hopkins fight:
      http://www.profibox.hu/shared/Tarve...lantic_City.nsv

Both are NSV files, so if you do not have it you will have to download WinAmp to play them. It doesnt take long.

Comment

you can get WinAmp here : http://www.winamp.com/

** I think We should just keep this thread going for this weekends Winky vs Taylor fight. I'll just change the name to Official Boxing thread.

Comment

I got Winky Wright on this one...

Comment

you can get WinAmp here : http://www.winamp.com/

** I think We should just keep this thread going for this weekends Winky vs Taylor fight. I'll just change the name to Official Boxing thread.

We could do that, I wish we could get a mod in here to delete all of the previous posts though. If you want, I'll do my typical 3-4 paragraph HYPE post on thursday or friday and you can put it on the first post. I'll go into slight detail on both fighters, inform the public how the fight will probably go, predict who i think will win, and post links of short articles from various websites that give background and hype up the fight. Like what I did for the Oscar vs Mayorga fight and the Castillo vs Corralles fight.

I'm excited for the Taylor vs Wright fight and I'm still not %100 sure who I think will come away victorious. You should edit in a poll on who posters think will win so people can interact with the thread too.

Lmao at all the things I just suggested. Sorry.

I might have to download that Cotto fight but I'll just catch the Hopkins one on replay on HBO.

Rob, I'd like your take on that Duddy. My Dad mentioned him a few times last night but I really have never heard of him. What do you know about him and how good is he really? My Dad said he's a tough ass Irish fighter that may (he only saw 1 or 2 of his fights so he's not %100 sure) be the real deal.

Comment

Duddy is a tricky one. Enormously popular in NYC and an amazing draw. However, because of that, his promoters match him easy. His level of competition is not there, but the power clearly is. The man can punch, he is hittable though. The guy he fought last nught hit him a lot, just didnt have power. Certainly exciting and one to keep an eye on, but not a sure thing at all. Its a shame that we wont see him agianst real competion for a while, probably until he gets on HBO which wont be for a year or so imo.

We could reset the forum, maybe even get the mods to make it a sticky. Maybe you could pm one of them as you probaly know them better than me. I'll set up a poll to.

As far as the Winky Taylor fight, I will make a very early prediction now, but I reserve final judgement. I am going with Winky as of now. I love his style. His defense is the best in the business (although him and mayweather are very very close and it could go either way). I think this could look like the Trinidad fight with Winky controlling the action by blocking and popping out his hard jab, which is stronger than most because he fight with his strong hand in front. So I will go with Winky by UD.

Comment

This will never get stickied. The mods.. well 2 of them at least.. aren't exactly the best guys on the forum. I don't get along with either of them particularly well. D-Unit will never sticky something that is not of direct interest to him.

Comment

Whatever, we can just keep bumping it up. The poll is up btw

Comment

Whatever, we can just keep bumping it up. The poll is up btw
                    Good stuff.

Comment

This is random as all hell, but I must state that Arturo Gatti is by far my favorite boxer of all time. Heart baby, heart.

Playing off of his nickname (Thunder) and his entrance theme (ACDC's Thunderstruck)

"That's not Thunder You Hear, it's Heart."

Comment

This is random as all hell, but I must state that Arturo Gatti is by far my favorite boxer of all time. Heart baby, heart.

Playing off of his nickname (Thunder) and his entrance theme (ACDC's Thunderstruck)

im about to pop in the Ward trilogy right now, soo good

For the fight, i have a feeling that Taylor should win but Winky pulls it out and takes a decision

Comment

I like Gatti as well, but if he beats Baldomir he will probably be fighting Cotto and therefore I will hate him. He does put on amazing fights though and AC goes insane when he fights. Him vs Cotto would be definated FOTY candidate imo.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee

im about to pop in the Ward trilogy right now, soo good

For the fight, i have a feeling that Taylor should win but Winky pulls it out and takes a decision
                            His first fight with Ward was the best fight I have ever seen. Ever. W/o question. Over Barrera vs Morralles and Castillo vs Corrales. The best.

It turned 3 of my buddies from non boxing fans, into boxing fans :D

Comment

I like Gatti as well, but if he beats Baldomir he will probably be fighting Cotto and therefore I will hate him. He does put on amazing fights though and AC goes insane when he fights. Him vs Cotto would be definated FOTY candidate imo.
                              I can't wait for his fight with Baldomir, that fight is taylor made for him. I could actually see him defeating Baldomir.. but at his age and through all the wars he's been through I think the younger (and therefore stronger) Cotto would probably TKO him.

I CAN'T WAIT for his fight with Baldomir. I pray to god he wins. I hope its fight of the year and he proves he is the bar none the most exciting fighter in history.

Heart.

Comment

Is there any videos out there with the Zbikowski fight?
                                Originally posted by nvot9
                                I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                                Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                                Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                                Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                                Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information