No announcement yet.

**Official Boxing Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you believe some stupid college baseball game is on instead of Peterson!?

Comment

i agree college baseball is the epitome of boredom, but who is Peterson. A FNF card im assuming, juts dont know who youre talking about

Comment

Anthony and LaMont Peterson are two brothers who are really good prospects and they have a great story too. Dont really have time to elaborate, maybe ill post in the morn..
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Another quick article here on the big fight.
          http://www.fightnews.com/katz11.htm

I didn't catch the Peterson fight last night, but when I came in later I saw on espn.com that he won in a unanimous decision.

Comment

Peterson is so annoying, he goes "pop, pop" everytime he punches

Sig by Me

Comment

You guys are going to fall over. I've been hyping up this fight for how long now, and I'm so pumped for it and all... but i'm cancelling the plans to go watch it to go on a double date with a girl.

I guess in the end it came down to this: ***** > Boxing

If you're ashamed of me you should be, because I'm ashamed of myself. But, in truth, each and every one of you would've done the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime21335
                You guys are going to fall over. I've been hyping up this fight for how long now, and I'm so pumped for it and all... but i'm cancelling the plans to go watch it to go on a double date with a girl.

I guess in the end it came down to this: *********** > Boxing

If you're ashamed of me you should be, because I'm ashamed of myself. But, in truth, each and every one of you would've done the same thing.
                Catch it on HBO West later or HBO 2 in the morning

Comment

A very close fight. I think Winky has a case as he looked more impressive but only by a small margin. Taylor's jab was non-existant, which is a surprise to me, but ESPN say it's because he was fighting a south-paw.

Neither Winky's nor Taylor's camp wants a rematch, which is a HUGE disappointment to me. I'm a fan of both of these fighters and want to see who the better one is, as this fight didn't prove anything.

Comment

i scored the fight 114-114. I will elaborate later, as I have to go to a fathers day party now. But, I will say this, JT has abandoned his jab in his last 3 fights and that is what makes him a potential ALL TIME GREAT. I have the upmost respect for JT. Granted they were all close, but to draw Winky, and beat Hopkins 2 times, in a row as essentially a raw talent, WOW! I want to see what Steward can do, but this kid is damn good. Same for Winky, but I think we all know that #2 p4p and he deserves to be

Comment

• winky won 115-113 on my card

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Schubert
                        i scored the fight 114-114. I will elaborate later, as I have to go to a fathers day party now. But, I will say this, JT has abandoned his jab in his last 3 fights and that is what makes him a potential ALL TIME GREAT. I have the upmost respect for JT. Granted they were all close, but to draw Winky, and beat Hopkins 2 times, in a row as essentially a raw talent, WOW! I want to see what Steward can do, but this kid is damn good. Same for Winky, but I think we all know that #2 p4p and he deserves to be
                        You guys aren't going to believe this. I went out to go to the drive in with a girl and some friends... but we were so messed up we got there too late. Then, we were drivin along and the driver keeps complaining of how hot it and I just so happen to look up at the dashboard. The check engine now light is on!!! Dumbass who owns the car said she never put an fluids in it since she got it a year ago!!!!!!!!!!!! we bought some water and coolant and after a 1/2 hour in the parking lot (and talking to some heroin addict who I had quite a bit of fun messing with) we decide to just take our sorry act to my buddies sisters house.

We get there. I look at the clock. It's like 10:15............ I almost **** a brick. THEY HAD HBO!!!!! I was in aw, it all came full circle and I got to watch the fight after all. I got my cake and ate it too. Everyone I was with told me to change the channel but I wouldn't give up the remote and made them watch the whole fight

Unfortunately I didn't pay enough attention because the 2 girls were trying to annoy me the entire time. I did watch it though, and loved every second of it.

I told my Dad today that Jermain Taylor is not my 2nd favorite fighter. I really like that kid, he's tough as nails and he has the heart of a true champion. He is special people. Special. He is so special that he can make the most boring fighter on the planet, bernard hopkins, fight a mildly enertaining fight. He's so special, the very next fight he makes a fight against a purely defensive fighter into a very enertaining fight.

Dude's a beast. I'm going to watch the replay of the fight as soon as the Hopkins vs Tarver is over on HBO2 and tell you guys what I would have scored the bout.

Oddly enough... My dad scored it 8-3-1 for Taylor. When I was watching it I was slightly messed up and I thought Winky was stealing the rounds because he was punching more although Taylor was obviously the more powerful fighter. Taylor was able to stagger Winky and bully him around. Winky wasn't really strong enough to seriously hurt Taylor.

Comment

• Interesting. I had it 116- 113 for Taylor. 4th round a draw. 7-4-1.

Comment

• I didn't score it, although I think Taylor did look better. I'm a fan of his, so my opinion might be biased, but he had control of the fight the whole time. Wright didn't land many devestating blows, and if Taylor would stay out of the god damn corner, he could've knocked Wright out because he's so powerful.

Wright is a defensive boxer and a damn good one, but that's going to hurt him when he's fighting with someone like Taylor because he takes so many power punches and rarely uses his jab.

Designs by Thule

Comment

• Why don't they want a rematch? Both camps say there is no way a rematch will happen. I don't understand that. This was an excellent fight and both of these fighters are turning into BIG draws. A rematch can be a HUGE payday for both, plus it would be a great fight.

Comment

• Well, I wouldnt say that JT controlled the fight because Winky was the one moving forward. Talor was in retreat mode most rounds. As far as controlling the pace and direction of the fight, I have to lean towards Winky. And, I dont think Taylor could have KO'd him, Winky can take a punch and JT didnt land that many clean. Taylor's major problem, in my opinion, is totally ignoring his best punch, HIS JAB! Why the hell doesnt he throw it? JT is going to be a great boxer with Emanual Stewards help, he is still a raw fighter. Thats why his last 3 fights were so impressive. That said, at this point I have to say that Winky is the better fighter. Look at it this way, if Winky fought the entire fight the way he fought round 12 (while throwing more jabs, because he was landing essentially at will), he could have won an easy descision imo. Taylor needs to become more refined to reach his vast potential, i hope steward can get this kid to listen because JT has great potential.

This was a very close fight and a very exciting one also, too bad we dont get a rematch. With most draws, i walk away dissappointed, but this one left me wit a good taste in my mouth. Both fighters were great and gave it their all. A draw was good imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information