No announcement yet.

**Official Boxing Thread**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I wouldnt say that JT controlled the fight because Winky was the one moving forward. Talor was in retreat mode most rounds. As far as controlling the pace and direction of the fight, I have to lean towards Winky. And, I dont think Taylor could have KO'd him, Winky can take a punch and JT didnt land that many clean. Taylor's major problem, in my opinion, is totally ignoring his best punch, HIS JAB! Why the hell doesnt he throw it? JT is going to be a great boxer with Emanual Stewards help, he is still a raw fighter. Thats why his last 3 fights were so impressive. That said, at this point I have to say that Winky is the better fighter. Look at it this way, if Winky fought the entire fight the way he fought round 12 (while throwing more jabs, because he was landing essentially at will), he could have won an easy descision imo. Taylor needs to become more refined to reach his vast potential, i hope steward can get this kid to listen because JT has great potential.

This was a very close fight and a very exciting one also, too bad we dont get a rematch. With most draws, i walk away dissappointed, but this one left me wit a good taste in my mouth. Both fighters were great and gave it their all. A draw was good imo.
    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Schubert
      Well, I wouldnt say that JT controlled the fight because Winky was the one moving forward. Talor was in retreat mode most rounds. As far as controlling the pace and direction of the fight, I have to lean towards Winky. And, I dont think Taylor could have KO'd him, Winky can take a punch and JT didnt land that many clean. Taylor's major problem, in my opinion, is totally ignoring his best punch, HIS JAB! Why the hell doesnt he throw it? JT is going to be a great boxer with Emanual Stewards help, he is still a raw fighter. Thats why his last 3 fights were so impressive. That said, at this point I have to say that Winky is the better fighter. Look at it this way, if Winky fought the entire fight the way he fought round 12 (while throwing more jabs, because he was landing essentially at will), he could have won an easy descision imo. Taylor needs to become more refined to reach his vast potential, i hope steward can get this kid to listen because JT has great potential.

This was a very close fight and a very exciting one also, too bad we dont get a rematch. With most draws, i walk away dissappointed, but this one left me wit a good taste in my mouth. Both fighters were great and gave it their all. A draw was good imo.
      He didn't jab because jabs are generally less effective against south paws.

Neither camp wants a rematch because both camps are afraid of each other. Taylor has the balls to fight Winky but his camp knows its an extremely risky fight, and Winky is also afraid of earning a L.

Comment

• I agree with the Draw. Winky could've had it, but he blew it in the 12th by not fighting and trying to run.

Comment

• Originally posted by primetime21335
          Originally posted by Rob Schubert
          Well, I wouldnt say that JT controlled the fight because Winky was the one moving forward. Talor was in retreat mode most rounds. As far as controlling the pace and direction of the fight, I have to lean towards Winky. And, I dont think Taylor could have KO'd him, Winky can take a punch and JT didnt land that many clean. Taylor's major problem, in my opinion, is totally ignoring his best punch, HIS JAB! Why the hell doesnt he throw it? JT is going to be a great boxer with Emanual Stewards help, he is still a raw fighter. Thats why his last 3 fights were so impressive. That said, at this point I have to say that Winky is the better fighter. Look at it this way, if Winky fought the entire fight the way he fought round 12 (while throwing more jabs, because he was landing essentially at will), he could have won an easy descision imo. Taylor needs to become more refined to reach his vast potential, i hope steward can get this kid to listen because JT has great potential.

He didn't jab because jabs are generally less effective against south paws.

Neither camp wants a rematch because both camps are afraid of each other. Taylor has the balls to fight Winky but his camp knows its an extremely risky fight, and Winky is also afraid of earning a L.
          Ehhh, the sothpaw argument could be true, but he didnt use it in the B-Hop fights either. JT needs to use his jab, it is his best punch. I cant recall a fighter that ignores his best punch and still is even close to winning. That is a major problem with taylor imo, but it can be fixed because he was a jabbing machine before his last 3 fights.

As far as Winky being afraid, I really dont think that that is the case. The man feels he was robbed. It is an understandable feeling on Winky's part. If he felt he clearly won the fight (I felt it was a draw), he has every right to be upset. The fight after all was right in Taylors backyard. But to say Winky is scared, this is a guy who gave Sugar Shane a rematch when Shane was #1 p4p. Winky is not scared. I think that after Winky has a few days to cool down, if the money can be made right, they will fight again. Maybe not their next fight, but if a 50-50 split of the $ can be organized, I bet you Winky will fight.

Comment

• We have another HUGE boxing weekend. Not as big as last week for the casual fans, but for the hardcores, this is a huge weekend. Boxing After Dark features Calvin Brock vs Timor Ibragimov (sp?) and Joel Julio vs Carlos Quintana.

Brock vs Ibragimov appears to be a mismatch on paper (Brock the favorite), but Timor is undefeated. I really dont know much about Ibragimov, but I do know that Brock is one of the top heavys in the world right now. Get a look at him folks, because he is still young and could be the future star of the division.

Joel Julio is without a doubt my favorite prospect in the sport. HE is an absolutely massive puncher, but he shows that he is wise beyond his years with great body work and a patient style. The guy he is fighting, Carlos Quintana is another good prospect in his own right. He is also undefeated, and is Julio's toughest test yet. If you want a look at a future star, watch Julio this weekend.

Comment

• The Brock-Ibragimov fight will be very interesting as I think both of those guys will be competitive fighters in this division.

The winner might get a title shot.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=2491946

Interesting news on DLH, looks like he will retire. If that is the case, I say good for him. Not many people get to walk away on top, and that is what he would be doing. I think Maywether would embarrass him, so I hope he retires. As far as Mayweather goes, I hope he fight MArgarito, I think that would be a good fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV
                  The Brock-Ibragimov fight will be very interesting as I think both of those guys will be competitive fighters in this division.

The winner might get a title shot.
                  Brock should have a title shot already. Oleg Maskaev is fighting for a title against Rahman, that should be Brock.

Comment

• Thought I would let you guys know, I am creating a boxing mock draft over in the mock draft section. Not sure how many people I will be able to get, but I think it would be kinda fun (we would draft a boxer for each of like 6 weight classes).

Comment

• bump

Comment

• That must see Welterweight is on HBO tonight. If i'm not out with the chicky I'll definitely be watching it.

Comment

• i punched a guy once...

sig made by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Neither Brock nor Ibragimov looked impressive in this one. Perhaps it was the heat, but both looked slow. Brock might get a title shot now.

Comment

• Julio lost which was a stunner. Quintana has now made himself one of the top prospects in the sport. I think it was a bad style matchup for Julio, a slick southpaw is never easy. I do think that he is the kind of kid who will rebound though, even though this was his first loss ever, including amatuers (85-0).

Brock did what he had to do, win. It was a boring fight, but Brock kept his "0", therby setting him up to get a title shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob Schubert
                                Julio lost which was a stunner. Quintana has now made himself one of the top prospects in the sport. I think it was a bad style matchup for Julio, a slick southpaw is never easy. I do think that he is the kind of kid who will rebound though, even though this was his first loss ever, including amatuers (85-0).

Brock did what he had to do, win. It was a boring fight, but Brock kept his "0", therby setting him up to get a title shot.
                                Well if Brock gets a shot at Klitchko and fights like that, he'll get burried. But he does have a good shot at other so called "Heavyweight Champions".

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information