PS3 or XBOX360?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by primetime21335
    I alwasy thought I would for sure get the ps3, but in truth, why should I? Everyone one I know is at least on their 2nd PS2 (somehow by the grace of god mine is still kickin after all these years and after leaving it on for days at a time), why should I show loyalty to a company who sells me a fautly product?

It's going to be almost 200 dollars more expensive too. That's really what is killing me. I"m for sure going to purchase one of the two systems, but I'm not so sold on ps3 anymore.

It's going to be like 600 dollars. Or 500 dollars. 600 dollars is like 1/5 or so of how much my first car is going to cost... What does that say?

I can get 360 for 100 to 200 dollars cheaper. Yeah, I'll miss BADLY GTA if it only comes out on PS3, but 250 is too much money for One game.

In conclusion, at first I was for sure getting PS3, but after hearing how much it will cost I'm quite concerned. I hate the XBOX controller but I can get used to it if I have too. I may have to go with the 360 this time. If Madden 07 on 360 is a DRAMATIC improvement over Madden 06, it'll probably be enough to tip the scales in favor of me ending my 2 console run on Sony gaming systems.

good news for you is that GTA will be coming out for both systems, but a rumor is that MS is going to try to get(payoff) rockstar to make the GTA series for the xbox 360 only 8)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
    XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
    Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
    http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by primetime21335
      I alwasy thought I would for sure get the ps3, but in truth, why should I? Everyone one I know is at least on their 2nd PS2 (somehow by the grace of god mine is still kickin after all these years and after leaving it on for days at a time), why should I show loyalty to a company who sells me a fautly product?

It's going to be almost 200 dollars more expensive too. That's really what is killing me. I"m for sure going to purchase one of the two systems, but I'm not so sold on ps3 anymore.

It's going to be like 600 dollars. Or 500 dollars. 600 dollars is like 1/5 or so of how much my first car is going to cost... What does that say?

I can get 360 for 100 to 200 dollars cheaper. Yeah, I'll miss BADLY GTA if it only comes out on PS3, but 250 is too much money for One game.

In conclusion, at first I was for sure getting PS3, but after hearing how much it will cost I'm quite concerned. I hate the XBOX controller but I can get used to it if I have too. I may have to go with the 360 this time. If Madden 07 on 360 is a DRAMATIC improvement over Madden 06, it'll probably be enough to tip the scales in favor of me ending my 2 console run on Sony gaming systems.
      those were the early models and it was back then, Sony fixed that problem for the PS3

Comment

its easily PS3 :roll:

Comment

XBOX 360
          PS3=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Balaskonis
            its easily PS3 :roll:
            no its not

Comment

Originally posted by iworshipbender
              Originally posted by frogstomp
              Resistance

Gears of War

Xbox360wned

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON

Comment

P
                S
                QUICK! TO the HindenPeter!

Comment

Originally posted by ANBC
                  P
                  S
                  S
                  U
                  C
                  K
                  S

Comment

when PS3 comes out it will blow Xbox 360 out of the water. Xbox360 cant even play its old xbox games while PS3 can play PS1, PS2 and PSP games

Comment

Originally posted by stingray19
                      when PS3 comes out it will blow Xbox 360 out of the water. Xbox360 cant even play its old xbox games while PS3 can play PS1, PS2 and PSP games
                      thats stupid, why pay $600 for a system where you cant even sell your games anymore?

Comment

thats stupid, why pay $600 for a system where you cant even sell your games anymore?
                        Did you really just say that? Backwards compatability is a big issue for some people.

Comment

XBOX 360 plays some XBOX games, there's a big list.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Let's break it down.

Price wise, it's obviously XBox 360. The PS3 "core" may look close to the same as the Premium 360, but if you've studied the console, you'd know that it isnt. No HDMI, no memory card use, etc. Essentially, you have to buy the expensive PS3. That's $599 to $399. $200 difference.

Graphics. I've had a lot of discussions with people here, and they are very misinformed. The graphics are essentially exactly the same for both sides. The difference is that PS3 has the higher output ability, meaning it can send the signals to a better HDTV. However, these are only the top of the line HDTV's, that basically nobody has. So... if you want your graphics on the PS3 to be a little better (not much), you better plan on forking out over 5 grand for the TV, otherwise they are the same.

Games. I don't know who was complaining about games, but I've made lists of games I really want all over the place. Huxley, Gears of War, Dead Rising, Alan Wake, Lost Planet, Too Human, Prey, Saint's Row, Mass Effect, F.E.A.R., Shadowrun, Fable 2, and finally, Halo 3. All of these games will not come out on the PS3. Hell, the PS3 doesn't even have GTA all to itself anymore, and GTA will have downloadable updates from XBox Live Marketplace... making it better on the 360. Personally, the 360 has the advantage in games.

Controller. I hate the Dualshock. Some people like it. Meh. It's personal preference, but this easily goes to XBox for me.

Online. XBox Live owns anything Sony throws out. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown
                              Did you really just say that? Backwards compatability is a big issue for some people.
                              A lot of Xbox games work. Some don't. I'm pleased with the BC selection... but I don't use it... so it's meh.

Comment

Like we have said 100 times before, its all about personal preference ( and how much money you want to spend :) )

Personally, I think the PS3 has much better games in then X Box 360. Games like Metal Gear Solid 4, Devil May Cry, Tekken, and Final Fantasy series. I don't play RPGs at all, but I can say that Playstation always had the best RPGs in my opinion.

Also for a matter of playing online, I hope it doesn't cost me 50 dollars a year to play my Madden and Fiffa online. I have never had server problems and don't need much more then what the PS2 has already offered. In other words, I don't want to spend 50 dollars for a buddy list and some other features. BUt thats just me.

I am suprised the Wii is not up here as an option. Lower price of all three and looks to be promising.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information