Power Metal Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
    I just got the new Priest album Nostradamus... Not to bad from what ive heard.
    I will have to check it out..I love Priest!

Comment

• so theres this debate going on and I wanted to see your thoughts. Apparently, "Panic Attack" by Dream Theater and "Driven" by Rush are really similar....but I don't quite see it i dont think, idk....

If you don't actually have the music just youtube them. I know there are a lot of similarities between their styles of music but idk about this one. Its supposed to be real similar and I don't see it. (of course this started with a DT hater's BS....but oh well)

Comment

• Hello Guys,

I was wondering if you all respected these bands?

Disturbed?

Killswitch Engage

(I doubt it, but) Avenged Sevenfold

I will be honest these are my favorite bands, and Avenged Sevenfold is an emerging favorite. What do you guys think?

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBuffaloBills View Post
          Hello Guys,

Disturbed?

Killswitch Engage

I will be honest these are my favorite bands, and Avenged Sevenfold is an emerging favorite. What do you guys think?
          Disturbed is a commercial success and I think they suck.

I like Killswitch.

A7X lack balls. Their first album "Waken the Fallen" was good but that's it. Now they sound like Guns N Roses

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

Hello Guys,

Disturbed?

Killswitch Engage

Disturbed was kind of an early gateway band for me into heavier stuff. They're still kind of alright in my opinion, I still play their stuff now and then but I have to be in the mood for it.

Don't know too much about the other bands though. I've heard them a little but not enough to really care one way or the other

Comment

• Thank you for the response.

BeerBaron listen to

Bat Country and Almost Easy, to get an Idea of Avenged Sevenfold.

I am curious to hear your response

Comment

Thank you for the response.

BeerBaron listen to

Bat Country and Almost Easy, to get an Idea of Avenged Sevenfold.

I am curious to hear your response
                I'm listening to Bat Country now. Its decent...a little tamer than my usual stuff but its not bad. I've definitively heard this before too, lol. Never knew who it was though.

Comment

• this really makes me mad...this thread never lights up as having a new post in it for me so I am always missing posts!

I never really liked Avenged and Killswitch. Give me Children of Bodom!!!! and In Flames!!!! and Finntroll!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                    this really makes me mad...this thread never lights up as having a new post in it for me so I am always missing posts!

I never really liked Avenged and Killswitch. Give me Children of Bodom!!!! and In Flames!!!! and Finntroll!!!!!!!!!
                    lol, the best thing Finntroll did for me was turn me on to Korpiklaani which I'm starting to really love. Never thought a violin and an accordion would find places in a metal band but by god they found a way

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                      I'm listening to Bat Country now. Its decent...a little tamer than my usual stuff but its not bad. I've definitively heard this before too, lol. Never knew who it was though.
                      Yeah I agree it is a little tamer, but Almost Easy by Avenged Sevenfold is harder IMO.

Anyone like Fear Factory?

Comment

Yeah I agree it is a little tamer, but Almost Easy by Avenged Sevenfold is harder IMO.

Anyone like Fear Factory?
                        I've heard some of their stuff. Millennium is probably my favorite out of what I've heard. Some killer drums in that one, lol. It's a "house shaker" if you have good speakers

Comment

Hello Guys,

Disturbed?

Killswitch Engage

Im the same with what BeerBaron said, Disturbed was a gateway band for me.
                          Not a Killswitch fan...
                          But i love Avenged Sevenfold.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            I've heard some of their stuff. Millennium is probably my favorite out of what I've heard. Some killer drums in that one, lol. It's a "house shaker" if you have good speakers
                            I'm a fan of Fear Factory. They have some killer stuff, esp on Demanufacture.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                              Disturbed is a commercial success and I think they suck.

I like Killswitch.

A7X lack balls. Their first album "Waken the Fallen" was good but that's it. Now they sound like Guns N Roses
                              This is comming from the man that listens to Britney Spears

Comment

• I have never heard double bass any faster than this. Its rediculous

Fear Factory: Linchpin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-0hmBkkWBM

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information