Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Metal Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    speaking of album covers...




    i found that cheap and bought it just for the album cover. the music is godawful but that cover creeps me the hell out

    Comment


    • #32
      cattle decap?

      no. not terrible. just misunderstood. well. to serve man wasn't that good.
      but when they got pittsburghs finest grinder/drummer from Creation is Crucifixion, they got like. tons better. not as sloppy. very refined machines of deathgrind.
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

      United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
        cattle decap?

        no. not terrible. just misunderstood. well. to serve man wasn't that good.
        but when they got pittsburghs finest grinder/drummer from Creation is Crucifixion, they got like. tons better. not as sloppy. very refined machines of deathgrind.
        ehhh....way out of my style range. i try and just pick out the music when i have to listen to that stuff. i think some of it would be much better if they just cut out the unintelligible screaming and just went with the music

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
          That is Blasphemy! omg NO Holy Diver by Dio is better! I don't know how anyone could say otherwise. *covers ears and yells loudly so not to hear such blasphemy*.
          No offense to The Mighty Midget of Metal but killswitch raped that song.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            ehhh....way out of my style range. i try and just pick out the music when i have to listen to that stuff. i think some of it would be much better if they just cut out the unintelligible screaming and just went with the music
            If you understand that the scream is not just a vocal technique but another instrument it's not a problem. WHERE WOULD MUSIC BE WITHOUT THE PIGSQUEEL!?

            As for whoever mentioned Nightwish can you stand their newer stuff? Losing their initial vocalist for the guy that came to replace her really hurt that band in my eyes and pushed Within Temptation above them in the symphonic metal category.

            BTW anyone go to Gigantour?

            Comment


            • #36
              I'm a big fan of metal but I don't care for most of the stuff you guys have mentioned.

              Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

              Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                I'm a big fan of metal but I don't care for most of the stuff you guys have mentioned.
                Really? What's your metal of choice?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Deicide, Chimaira, The Faceless and the new Dying Fetus are sick as well.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    I'm a big fan of metal but I don't care for most of the stuff you guys have mentioned.
                    Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                    Really? What's your metal of choice?
                    yeah, im curious too. i thought we hit a pretty wide range of stuff. what do you like?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I am guessing he is into that nu metal.... or maybe some of that Garage band crap vocal metal...I swear some people today should not start bands and crap up the metal world.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                        I am guessing he is into that nu metal.... or maybe some of that Garage band crap vocal metal...I swear some people today should not start bands and crap up the metal world.
                        Let people try, metal's a very difficult genre to play so if people suck they won't make it in metal very long. I actually think it's the only major music genre that's not going to hell, cause metal's been based on concert revenue more so than album sales for a while, making it more stable in this internet era.

                        Plus the newer bands are doing well.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                          If you understand that the scream is not just a vocal technique but another instrument it's not a problem. WHERE WOULD MUSIC BE WITHOUT THE PIGSQUEEL!?

                          As for whoever mentioned Nightwish can you stand their newer stuff? Losing their initial vocalist for the guy that came to replace her really hurt that band in my eyes and pushed Within Temptation above them in the symphonic metal category.

                          BTW anyone go to Gigantour?
                          I was gonna go to Gigantour but really just didn't have the money to do so. I guess Megadeth and COB put on a hell of a show with Inflames being only decent, as they played some of their crappier stuff. Oh and the two opening bands, Job for a Cowboy and some other band, were absolutely awful from the accounts of my friends that went. Really wish I could have gone though, as it looks like there will be no Ozzfest or Sounds of the Underground this year.
                          SKOL VIKINGS!


                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
                            I was gonna go to Gigantour but really just didn't have the money to do so. I guess Megadeth and COB put on a hell of a show with Inflames being only decent, as they played some of their crappier stuff. Oh and the two opening bands, Job for a Cowboy and some other band, were absolutely awful from the accounts of my friends that went. Really wish I could have gone though, as it looks like there will be no Ozzfest or Sounds of the Underground this year.
                            InFlames Really started to suck after Colony so i really cant say im surprised COB's new album isnt as good as Follow the reaper IMO but is still killer and Megadeth is always amazing... i hope they come in my area...

                            But to your other part i am 95% sure that Ozzfest has been confirmed just to let you know :-D

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
                              I was gonna go to Gigantour but really just didn't have the money to do so. I guess Megadeth and COB put on a hell of a show with Inflames being only decent, as they played some of their crappier stuff. Oh and the two opening bands, Job for a Cowboy and some other band, were absolutely awful from the accounts of my friends that went. Really wish I could have gone though, as it looks like there will be no Ozzfest or Sounds of the Underground this year.
                              Bad reviews for Job? Really? I saw them last year with chimaira, behemoth and some other sick bands and Job had the best raw set there. Chimaira had a more refined sound but job just took over the stage.

                              Since we've been talking about them I've gotta put their cd "Genesis" in my stereo and recommend you all do the same.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                                Bad reviews for Job? Really? I saw them last year with chimaira, behemoth and some other sick bands and Job had the best raw set there. Chimaira had a more refined sound but job just took over the stage.

                                Since we've been talking about them I've gotta put their cd "Genesis" in my stereo and recommend you all do the same.
                                Yuck, i saw them at Sounds of the Underground last year and was not in the least bit impressed.

                                And IMBrotherCain, I f*cking hope so, as I was pretty bummed when I heard the rumor that it was gonna be canceled.
                                SKOL VIKINGS!


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information