Power Metal Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
    Yuck, i saw them at Sounds of the Underground last year and was not in the least bit impressed.

And IMBrotherCain, I f*cking hope so, as I was pretty bummed when I heard the rumor that it was gonna be canceled.
    Really? My buddy used that tour as an excuse to make us go to Chicago for a week with him and we saw that show at House of blues and they were incredible.

Comment

Oh, Sleeper fans?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Thanks to Nerv I've listened to Quo Vadis a lot this week.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Yuck, i saw them at Sounds of the Underground last year and was not in the least bit impressed.

And IMBrotherCain, I f*cking hope so, as I was pretty bummed when I heard the rumor that it was gonna be canceled.
          It wasnt canceled it was just turned into a one day event in Texas on August 9th
          I actualy saw this on MySpace posted by Black Label Society.

OZZFEST RETURNS AS ONE-DAY STADIUM SPECTACULAR
          ON AUGUST 9 IN DALLAS, TX
          WITH OZZY OSBOURNE AND METALLICA

TOP AND CUTTING-EDGE ACTS
          TO IGNITE THREE STAGES

All eyes and ears will be on Dallas, Texas Saturday, August 9. No conspiracy theory here--just the facts.

OZZFEST--the original and iconic hard rock festival--returns in 2008 as a one-day stadium spectacular that teams OZZFEST founder and namesake Ozzy Osbourne (in his only U.S. concert appearance this summer) with Metallica (marking their OZZFEST debut).

Produced by Sharon Osbourne and AEG LIVE, the all-day festival at Pizza Hut Park in hard music-loving Dallas will feature three stages of non-stop talent (with many OZZFEST alumni) and reliably twisted OZZFEST side attractions.

The full main stage lineup will also spotlight performances by Serj Tankian (System of a Down), Hellyeah, Jonathan Davis (Korn), Cavalera Conspiracy, Shadows Fall, Apocalyptica and In This Moment. Also scheduled on the main stage is a special all-star tribute to slain Pantera guitarist ‘Dimebag’ Darrell Abbott. Second stage acts include Sevendust, Devildriver, Kingdom of Sorrow, Soilent Green, Witchcraft and Goatwhore. The Texas (third) stage—“an homage to the “many great metal bands that come from Texas,” says Sharon Osbourne--features The Sword, Drowning Pool and Rigor Mortis.

Comment

Damn, that absolutely sucks. I guess that means no big concerts for this guy over the summer.
            SKOL VIKINGS!

Comment

Damn, that absolutely sucks. I guess that means no big concerts for this guy over the summer.
              Well im not gonna see any big concerts either but at least its a good year for music. The new Pyramaze, Judas Priest, Scar Symmetry, Evergrey and Charon are do out this year and most this summer and not to mention the Children of Bodom and Firewind albums already came out
              Last edited by ImBrotherCain; 05-15-2008, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Can anyone recommend any bands? I posted all the bands i listen to in an earlier post... I like most all metal but im not a big fan of brutal death / Black Metal

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatEscape View Post
                  Really? What's your metal of choice?
                  Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                  yeah, im curious too. i thought we hit a pretty wide range of stuff. what do you like?
                  Here is the stuff I listen to:

Opeth
                  Between The Buried And Me
                  Acid Bath
                  Meshuggah
                  Gojira
                  Mastodon
                  Dimmu Borgir
                  Intronaut
                  Isis
                  The Ocean
                  Killswitch Engage
                  Agalloch
                  Down
                  Every Time I Die
                  Glass Casket
                  In Flames
                  Protest The Hero

Those are among my favorites. There are more bands too

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    Here is the stuff I listen to:

Opeth
                    Between The Buried And Me
                    Acid Bath
                    Meshuggah
                    Gojira
                    Mastodon
                    Dimmu Borgir
                    Intronaut
                    Isis
                    The Ocean
                    Killswitch Engage
                    Agalloch
                    Down
                    Every Time I Die
                    Glass Casket
                    In Flames
                    Protest The Hero

Those are among my favorites. There are more bands too
                    I have seen between the buried and me in concert before and it totally made me not like them. It was a really bad concert.

Comment

I'm always like, meh on btbam. People who tend to like dream theater a lot like them. And that always makes me irritated.

Cain. I can't recommend good metal bands to you because you had nickelback on that list. therefore we won't even be speaking the same language.

For that i'll just recommend yes.
                      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                        I'm always like, meh on btbam. People who tend to like dream theater a lot like them. And that always makes me irritated.

Cain. I can't recommend good metal bands to you because you had nickelback on that list. therefore we won't even be speaking the same language.

I like Dream Theatre's music, not the vocals, so I tend to stay away.

I saw BTBAM in concert and was blown away. They opened up for Dragonforce and put on a better show. Maybe it's because I think BTBAM kicks ass and think Dragonforces sucks ass. I don't know.

Anyway, BTBAM's new album is unbelievable. One of the best cd's of the year, in my opinion.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post

omg! Nickleback on a metal list! BLASPHEMER CAIN! zomg!

yesterday in the car, NIckleback came on the radio. I smashed my hand against the car stereo in order to change the channel. Nickleback is not allowed in my vehicle!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                            I like Dream Theatre's music, not the vocals, so I tend to stay away.

I saw BTBAM in concert and was blown away. They opened up for Dragonforce and put on a better show. Maybe it's because I think BTBAM kicks ass and think Dragonforces sucks ass. I don't know.

Anyway, BTBAM's new album is unbelievable. One of the best cd's of the year, in my opinion.
                            Went to the same concert...prolly different venue. Dragonforce put on a show 10 times better than BTBAM. I had gone into the concert in actually hopes they would be good. Basically based of heresay though. I went, and omg BTBAM was BAD! I believe all that remains was the middle band, and they were good.

Comment

Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                              Went to the same concert...prolly different venue. Dragonforce put on a show 10 times better than BTBAM. I had gone into the concert in actually hopes they would be good. Basically based of heresay though. I went, and omg BTBAM was BAD! I believe all that remains was the middle band, and they were good.
                              Yeah, All That Remains was the middle band. They were very basic. Their bass player is playing on an elementary level. Their drummer uses triggers live. Their singer sounds nothing like he does on the record. All in all, I wasn't impressed to say the least.

Like I said, I'm a huge BTBAM fan so I was very excited to see them live. They knew how to player their instruments well and I was just impressed to see them play live. I thought it was awesome.

And also like I said, I hate Dragonforce. i think they are extremely overrated. They were drunk and played off time. Their singing sucked big time. I just didn't like it.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Ok now guys calm down, calm down.... Yes i had Nickelback on that list but by no means are they anywhere near being a favorite band of mine. No on that same note, you cant recommend a good band because of that? I have good bands filling that list and cause Nickelback is on there i am Blackballed?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information