Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Metal Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
    Went to the same concert...prolly different venue. Dragonforce put on a show 10 times better than BTBAM. I had gone into the concert in actually hopes they would be good. Basically based of heresay though. I went, and omg BTBAM was BAD! I believe all that remains was the middle band, and they were good.
    Dragonforce just seem like a bunch of dudes having fun on stage, i saw them with protest the hero abut a year and a half ago. they were pretty good. Sure they're not really tight like btbam. but. There's a place for just fun music, even if it isn't like, btbam's ridiculous math-ness and tightness, musically they're pretty good, but, they just don't sit right in my mind, the songs they write aren't like, phenome (with the exception of Arsonist. Alaska was ho hum)

    in my mind, especially in metal, which is why i think mastodon is so great. they're like the other side of the metal right now, trying to pull away from the tech-ness and just straight out ballsy good songwriting.
    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

    United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
      Ok now guys calm down, calm down.... Yes i had Nickelback on that list but by no means are they anywhere near being a favorite band of mine. No on that same note, you cant recommend a good band because of that? I have good bands filling that list and cause Nickelback is on there i am Blackballed?
      I already recommended you yes.

      And the Kodan Armada.
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

      United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
        I already recommended you yes.

        And the Kodan Armada.
        Thanks for that recommending Kodan... i think my ears just started bleeding

        Comment


        • #64
          Has anyone mentioned Blood Has Been Shed? Their badass.

          Seemless is awesome. More bluesy hard rock, though. Clutch is another awesome band that puts on a hell of a live show.

          Anyone here like Neurosis? Pelican?

          Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

          Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
            Thanks for that recommending Kodan... i think my ears just started bleeding
            nyuck nyuck nyuck.

            i love kodan. but most people don't get it.
            ah. good old screamo.

            Pelican is great. And i went and saw my friends band last night.

            Band called 'oceans' (not my friends band, who is also good.) was right along the lines of pelican, if not better (just like, local).

            My friends band is closer to grind anyway. and no one actually likes grind.
            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

            United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
              nyuck nyuck nyuck.

              i love kodan. but most people don't get it.
              ah. good old screamo.

              Pelican is great. And i went and saw my friends band last night.

              Band called 'oceans' (not my friends band, who is also good.) was right along the lines of pelican, if not better (just like, local).

              My friends band is closer to grind anyway. and no one actually likes grind.
              Soilent Green is alright and there about the closest thing to grind that I can tolerate.

              Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

              Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                Dragonforce just seem like a bunch of dudes having fun on stage, i saw them with protest the hero abut a year and a half ago. they were pretty good. Sure they're not really tight like btbam. but. There's a place for just fun music, even if it isn't like, btbam's ridiculous math-ness and tightness, musically they're pretty good, but, they just don't sit right in my mind, the songs they write aren't like, phenome (with the exception of Arsonist. Alaska was ho hum)

                in my mind, especially in metal, which is why i think mastodon is so great. they're like the other side of the metal right now, trying to pull away from the tech-ness and just straight out ballsy good songwriting.
                I went to a Mastadon Concert a few years back...maybe 1...was an amazing concert! I actually supported them and bought their CD and bought a shirt. Mastadon is one of my favs.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                  I went to a Mastadon Concert a few years back...maybe 1...was an amazing concert! I actually supported them and bought their CD and bought a shirt. Mastadon is one of my favs.
                  Mastodon is pretty ******* awesome. Same with Gojira. They destroy worlds.

                  Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

                  Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    Soilent Green is alright and there about the closest thing to grind that I can tolerate.
                    I dunno.

                    anyway. This is what I do most of the time.
                    (spam-hammar)

                    http://www.myspace.com/broceans (oceans) - Post-Rock, Post-Death (like Pelican)?
                    http://www.myspace.com/latrecband (Lautrec) - Minimalist Screamo Metal?
                    http://www.myspace.com/enumaelis (Enuma Elis) - City of Caterpillar-like, Lots of yelling, major exploding builds of song(s?)
                    http://www.myspace.com/harpoonrockin4u (Harpoon) - Grind. Thrash. Like Agoraphobic Nosebleed only not as fast. Duh.
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

                    United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                      Mastodon is pretty ******* awesome. Same with Gojira. They destroy worlds.
                      Mastodon is killer... there from my home town, my friend actually sat down and ate dinner with Bill at his moms house. Im a little pissed i didnt get to go, i was out of town
                      Heres the pic:

                      Last edited by ImBrotherCain; 05-16-2008, 01:15 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
                        Can anyone recommend any bands? I posted all the bands i listen to in an earlier post... I like most all metal but im not a big fan of brutal death / Black Metal
                        One band I would definitely recommend to you would be Manowar. They are easily one of my favorite bands with one of the craziest singers you'll ever listen to. Another band you might want to check out is 3 Inches of Blood. They're not for everybody, but their style is quite different and definitely worth a listen.
                        SKOL VIKINGS!


                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                          And also like I said, I hate Dragonforce. i think they are extremely overrated. They were drunk and played off time. Their singing sucked big time. I just didn't like it.
                          I'm sure they were. My buddy got us back stage passes for that show and Herman Lee was drunkier/higher than we were. My biggest gripe with them is that so much of their ish sounds the same, they're great f'ed up but sober I can't listen to them for long.

                          All that remains has been worse live ever since Fall of Idols, they used to be good now they just try and play it safe.

                          Have only heard Btbam at that show and was less than sober after pregaming so I'm not sure how good yhey are, sounded good but didn't blow me away.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            lol manowar. Not saying I don't listen to them but normally I only like them when I'm less than sober and then they're hilarious.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              music less than sober, lol, nice.

                              its the best way to listen imo. I LOOOVE Tool when im messed up. They're acceptable when i'm not but they might as well be jesus christ incarnate when im wasted

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                I feel like the only person who hates Tool.

                                Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information