Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Power Metal Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Power Metal Thread

    Im talking bands like Rhapsody, Blind Guardian, Dio, Sonata Arctica...Im not a fan of Dragonforce but they count. Iron Maiden Iced Earth, Hammerfall stuff like that.
    Anyone else?

    bonekrusher
    The Twitters
    themaninblack

  • #2
    rock thread dude: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=6086

    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

    Comment


    • #3
      Im a fan of Metal in general... I listen to all metal. Sonata and Iced Earth are some of my Faves

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BrentN View Post
        Metal is not Rock...Metal>Rock. Metal deserves its own thread.

        Power Metal is awesome! Im not the biggest fan of Dragonforce...but they put on a really great show. I went to 3 Dragonforce concerts a few years ago. Though they werent the main reason I went. Went to the New England Metal Festival once to see them plus the band Gamma Ray, Wolf, and Into Eternity. Into Eternity is a really good band if you arent too familiar with them

        Also went to see them in Louisville once and in Cincinnati. The cincy concert had All that Remains and Horse the Band. It was a kick ass show. All that Remains put on a great show too.

        Was going to go see Megadeth, In Flames, and I think Bodom up in Louisville last month but my car started acting up and I couldnt drive.,...I so wanted to go to that concert!

        I love Power Metal, but then again I lubs all metal!

        Comment


        • #5
          Dio? As in Holy Diver? Killswitche's version is waaaayyyy better.....
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, metal owns rock in all ways. I think some of the best metal is as close of a modern day equivalent as you can get to the old time symphonies and whatnot in terms of how complicated the music is. There are some great minds writing good metal anymore...

            Dunno much about power metal but I'm a big fan of Dream Theater, Nevermore, Children of Bodom.....Metallica Pre-Black Album....

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
              Dio? As in Holy Diver? Killswitche's version is waaaayyyy better.....
              That is Blasphemy! omg NO Holy Diver by Dio is better! I don't know how anyone could say otherwise. *covers ears and yells loudly so not to hear such blasphemy*

              Dream Theater & Nevermore are awesome.

              ever listen to these bands: "Haggard" or "Ensiferum", "Falconer", "Elvinking", "finntroll", "trollfest", "Furia", "Enslaved", "Lumsk", "Turisas". They are all some top notch metal.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                That is Blasphemy! omg NO Holy Diver by Dio is better! I don't know how anyone could say otherwise. *covers ears and yells loudly so not to hear such blasphemy*

                Dream Theater & Nevermore are awesome.

                ever listen to these bands: "Haggard" or "Ensiferum", "Falconer", "Elvinking", "finntroll", "trollfest", "Furia", "Enslaved", "Lumsk", "Turisas". They are all some top notch metal.
                A lot of those are probably on the big list of bands my best friend from back home demands i listen to at some point, lol. Hes also got me listening to the Black Mages, 3 inches of blood....uhh...some others too, dont have em in front of me atm

                Comment


                • #9
                  i can get into it, atreyu, pantera, as was said pre black album metallica.

                  Hitman D

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Pantera was always one of those bands I just couldnt get into. I never knew what it was about Pantera. They just didnt do it for me. Slipknot and Mudvayne are two other bands that never did it for me either. They are not power metal, but still...eh...blah..

                    I still think Megadeth is better than Metallica. I guess I always will. Dave Mustaine is awesome.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                      Pantera was always one of those bands I just couldnt get into. I never knew what it was about Pantera. They just didnt do it for me. Slipknot and Mudvayne are two other bands that never did it for me either. They are not power metal, but still...eh...blah..

                      I still think Megadeth is better than Metallica. I guess I always will. Dave Mustaine is awesome.
                      mustaine is awesome but metallica's first 4 albums are godly. I like some of megadeth's stuff but none of their entire albums really....and imo, they didnt have several signature songs come out of them like metallica did (ride the lighthing, master of puppets, one...and those are just the popular ones and not really my top favorites) I think if you took MoP off of that album, Battery or Disposable Hero's could have filled its spot, they are fan-friggin-tastic as well. maybe just my opinion but nonetheless...

                      btw, great metal website: http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/cdlist.html

                      I use that to get a lot of ideas on what to go out and get to listen to. It was there i first read about Rush and fell in love with em, and yes i know, theyre not exactly metal...lol

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by StripedWalrus View Post
                        Pantera was always one of those bands I just couldnt get into. I never knew what it was about Pantera. They just didnt do it for me. Slipknot and Mudvayne are two other bands that never did it for me either. They are not power metal, but still...eh...blah..

                        I still think Megadeth is better than Metallica. I guess I always will. Dave Mustaine is awesome.
                        mustaine was originally in metallica then they split ways. so i can see why the megadeth love. but come on cliff burton... thats why metallica fell off the loss of two great studs! mustaine and burton!!!

                        and you dont like pantera, still considers yourself a metal fan? i agree with you on slipknot and mudvayne = terrible. dimebag is a legend and was probably on his way to being the best guitarist ever.
                        Last edited by tEk; 05-12-2008, 05:23 PM.

                        Hitman D

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tEk View Post
                          mustaine was originally in metallica then they split ways. so i can see why the megadeth love. but come on cliff burton... thats why metallica fell off the loss of two great studs! mustaine and burton!!!
                          mustaine was gone before they even recorded the first album though iirc... His influence was still being felt in that he helped out in a lot of the songwriting but he was gone...

                          Losing Burton burnt a lot though....RIP

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            mustaine was gone before they even recorded the first album though iirc... His influence was still being felt in that he helped out in a lot of the songwriting but he was gone...

                            Losing Burton burnt a lot though....RIP
                            do you know who they turned down when auditioning for the new bass spot..... Les Claypool. you know why?... he was tooo damn good. scary thought

                            claypool solo --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5XeVLJeMdE
                            Last edited by tEk; 05-12-2008, 05:28 PM.

                            Hitman D

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tEk View Post
                              do you know who they turned down when auditioning for the new bass spot..... Les Claypool. you know why?... he was tooo damn good. scary thought
                              that is scary...

                              heres another that scares me about Nevermore's guitarist Jeff Loomis:

                              "He was auditioned for Megadeth (during the So Far, So Good...So What! era) at the age of 16, when their lead guitarist Jeff Young left the band. After they played a few songs together, Dave Mustaine, the band's frontman and other lead guitarist, thanked Loomis and told him that one day he would become a great guitar player, but because of his age he was not right for the position.[2] Jeff Loomis saw Cacophony on tour, and told Marty Friedman, who became very interested, about the audition. Marty tried out for the position and joined the band in 1989. In 2005, Loomis would then share the stage with Megadeth, as the lead guitarist for Nevermore as part of Mustaine's Gigantour festival."

                              Was good enough to have been in Megadeth at 16....wow

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information